Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today I just got my 5th fill and I think it maybe too tight but I am going to wait then after weekend I'm on liquids and tried some Soup and it ended up in the toilet. I'm at 8.5 cc's.

I also had a fill yesterday and today I am having trouble keeping even liquids down. Last night I could eat a little so I am thinking it must be swelling. I only had a 1/2 cc fill. This was my 3rd fill and now I am up 5cc in a 10cc band. I am going to have to wait a couple of days because I live out of town and the weekend is coming up. Guess I will just have to slime my way through the weekend.

hi folks - well I have problems - technical problems - and I'm wondering about anyone else. I had a procedure with a local the other day where the dr. reopened by port incision (after 7 months) and fished around. The fill was going in but each time he tried to check the amount in there, hardly anything was coming out - but I was still very tight. So the procedure didn't tell much except that the problem was deeper - likely the band or near the band - maybe a kink in the tubing.

Anyway, I'm schedule for another surgery now - which is not exciting but at least we have an idea of why I'm not having any success. I wondered if this has happened to anyone else.

Also I have the Johnson and Johnson lapband and apparently my doctor has had other problems with this equipment (not certain why he hasn't changed yet). Anyway he's talking about further costs for this corrective/exploratory surgery. I think he and/or Johnson and Johnson should suck it up.

Any comments folks? (I've already spent $15,000)

Here's a link to the FAQ about abbreviations used here: Lap Band Surgery and Lap Band Discussion Forum - FAQ: Lap-band Abbreviations

PB: Productive Burp -- what happens when something eaten can't go down due to restriction has to come back up. Different than vomiting, because the food is not coming back out of your stomach through the band again.

And slime refers to the thick saliva that usually accompanies a pb. Your body's attempt to lubricate what is stuck in your esophagus to get it OUT! lol

I am going through the same thing. I had a fill about 3 weeks ago. I am tight in the morning. liquids go down, but sometimes I hear it gurgle. food before 5 o'clock is a no no. Sometimes even yogurt in the morning feels like it gets stuck. Tighter some days than others.

Of course, I am losing. 10 pounds in two weeks. I am not sure I want to get an unfill. But there are days that this drives me crazy. I am not hungry, which is a blessing. I am hoping that my band will loosen up some. I am sort of tired of the pressure in my chest. But, I am not ready to call the doctor.

I guess it has been really easy for me until now. I might have been way too comfortable. I guess I feel that I am past my sweet spot. Sorry, I am babbling.

You you really think you are filled to tight or is it more that you aren't chewing enough? l'm really confused...Most everything l eat feels like it gets stuck and l have PBing and slimming going on with most of what l eat..l do notice if l really concenbtrate and really take 1 hour to eat l don't seem to have the issue as bad, sometimes not at all...l can always drink..Thats never been an issue...lf l was filled to tight, wouldn't l feel more full after eating? l'm not getting that full feeling as quickly as l think l should..l have 5cc in a 14 cc band....what does everyone think?

LisaMarie, if it is taking you a whole hour to eat, the reason you are not feeling full may be that the food you are eating is already beginning to move through the band into your stomach. Eating too slowly can be as problematic as eating too quickly, for that reason. Most recommendations I've seen for meal length is 20-30 minutes.

If you are taking small bites and chewing well you should not be PBing and sliming regularly. It is quite possible that you are too tight. You don't want to be so tight that you start turning to "easy" foods to escape from PBing.

Very good discussion here on the subject of fills and the possibility of being too tight. I think too many times there tends to be a "panic mode" that sets in, when in reality there needs to be some patience.

My experience in 5 years of being banded has told me that I've never been too tight to the point of needing an unfill. In fact, my personal preference is to have my band on the tight side (but that's just my preference). Yes, I've been very tight after a fill, but time and experience has shown me that even though I may have thought I was too tight, that as I nursed myself through those days following the fill, the band adjusted itself accordingly, the stomach adjusted itself accordingly, and I adjusted my eating habits accordingly and then I went on with my losing weight.

The most important thing is if you get to a point that you consistently cannot get even fluids down, then you need to get to your doc for an evaluation. I've had periods right after a fill where, even though fluids went down in the docs office, that fluids would sit and not go down after I got home, but the situation always resolved itself after a period of time went by.

As always, warm liquids are often a help in loosening up a tight band, and after a fill I always take extra care when taking those first bites of solid food to sort of "test" the band to see what its new "personality" is after getting the extra juice.

Some days the band has multiple personality disorder, ya know... :thumbup:

Hope this helps!

Edited by Hoosier Tom

Hi lisa,

I also have the 14CC band. I just got my fill about 6 hrs ago. I drank fine but i came home and went to bed and slept for an hour and now im awake..Im not sure what woke me, maybe my drooling LOL>.. i always drool though so i don't know if im to tight. The band feels funny though right now and now because i woke up im paranoid and can't sleep. This was my second fill and I now have 5.5 CC in my band. My first fill was 3.5 I didn't feel nothing after that one, still could mow down to. So I don't know if im to tight. Or that i actually just have restriction. I was able to eat a string cheese tonight. But other than that im just drinking fluids. Good thing seems to be i can swallow my own spit. I don't know i also feel a lil nausea's. But nothing major, and i dont' believe i need to vomit. So im gonna tough it out for a few days, hopefully i can sleep then if it keeps up ill have a slight unfill. But im really hoping that its just swollen and a few days it will ease off. Keep your fingers crossed for me banders.

l have a 14 cc band...l got 4 cc the first fill and then 1 cc the second fill..l had restriction from the begining..l almost thought l was too full, but in reality l needed to limit my food to 4oz..l would get sick trying to get a second or third bite in...been eating 4 oz and l feel so much better...l need to chew very well and only eat 4oz...

I am scheduled for an unfill Wednesday afternoon. It won't come to soon. I tried to eat a SF pudding a little while ago. No go. My chest is tight and I am gurgling like crazy. My husband says it sounds like I am having a conversation with a whale. Nice Huh!

got 2nd fill today. no restriction on 1st. drank a little Water in the office & started to feel bad - tight, burps, hiccups. subsided in 30 min. hr. later tried water & a tbsp. of broth, & pain again all evening. indigestion-like, & weird back pain.

hope improves by morning. any comments?