Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

I don’t think it’s heartburn. 

I’ve experienced heartburn most of my life. 

Had the revision and then re opened for scar tissue etc on Wednesday. 

Feel okay but feels like something is stuck in my throat and abdominal pain. Might be gas?

Just took some charcoal capsules/anti gas. 

I hope this isn’t going to be a life long issue(s). 

I hope I didn’t make a mistake doing a revision. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you been walking? Passing wind?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 06/12/2020 at 20:23, Hop_Scotch said:



Have you been walking? Passing wind?


Yes. Walking. Around the house etc.
a little wind and gas. I’m sure it’s air that they pump in there.
I took those charcoal pills. I just vomited them up. This is going to be a new way of life, I see. Sleeve was so different and seemed easier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry you are having all of this trouble.

Do you have a bulge that protrudes still ?

I took a Calcium chew without food today and it was awful !! I kept dry heaving and had to go lay down. I truly dislike this revision and new way ugh. Prayers for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 06/12/2020 at 22:49, Tracyringo said:



Sorry you are having all of this trouble.




Do you have a bulge that protrudes still ?




I took a Calcium chew without food today and it was awful !! I kept dry heaving and had to go lay down. I truly dislike this revision and new way ugh. Prayers for you.


Unsure to be honest. Thought he fixed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hiatal hernia ? That is the way I felt with sleeve. I felt like something was stuck in my throat when I ate. Did they scope you ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, ge0rgette2 said:

Had the revision and then re opened for scar tissue etc on Wednesday.

Feel okay but feels like something is stuck in my throat and abdominal pain. Might be gas?

So it's like 2-3 days ago?

Honestly, I think some patients seem to expect too much too soon in terms of recovery. You recently had abdominal surgery. Not once. Twice.

There is most likely still a lot of swelling in the lower esophagus and the stomach/pouch from the manipulation, hence trouble drinking. Also some patients are sensitive to the general anesthesia, hence the vomiting.

Of course this is not a diagnosis. This is an educated guess. And it brings me to something that I most likely won't never get: how soon after abdominal surgery some patients are discharged. Are patients pressing for discharge?

What I read on here sometimes, coming from patients like three days post-op, would usually occur within a hospital setting if day of discharge wouldn't be that soon. Nausea, vomiting, feeling weak, dehydrated or bloated, not being able to empty bowels, trouble drinking fluids... So instead of being able to ask the nurse or doctor "Is this normal?!" they need to ask Google and users on an internet board "Is this normal?! Should I call my surgeon" - and the answer can only be: yes, if in doubt, you should!

Quote

Just took some charcoal capsules/anti gas.

Was that recommended?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 06/13/2020 at 09:09, summerset said:






So it's like 2-3 days ago?




Honestly, I think some patients seem to expect too much too soon in terms of recovery. You recently had abdominal surgery. Not once. Twice.




There is most likely still a lot of swelling in the lower esophagus and the stomach/pouch from the manipulation, hence trouble drinking. Also some patients are sensitive to the general anesthesia, hence the vomiting.




Of course this is not a diagnosis. This is an educated guess. And it brings me to something that I most likely won't never get: how soon after abdominal surgery some patients are discharged. Are patients pressing for discharge?




What I read on here sometimes, coming from patients like three days post-op, would usually occur within a hospital setting if day of discharge wouldn't be that soon. Nausea, vomiting, feeling weak, dehydrated or bloated, not being able to empty bowels, trouble drinking fluids... So instead of being able to ask the nurse or doctor "Is this normal?!" they need to ask Google and users on an internet board "Is this normal?! Should I call my surgeon" - and the answer can only be: yes, if in doubt, you should!





Quote




Just took some charcoal capsules/anti gas.






Was that recommended?


No. Charcoal wasn’t. I heard it was good to gas. Oh well that was a big mistake.

As for being opening twice, now it’s three times and this is the most horrific pain I’ve ever felt in my life. I’m so emotionally drained for two days. Every time I burp I say omg here we go again. I can do another surgery. I just can’t. This has taken its toll on me now. I just took some anti gas that the doc prescribed. I got a weird taste in my mouth and got scared and woke up. They revised my revision and moved it to another part of the intestine and he seems to think this is for the best. But here I am 72 hours out and got a weird gas burp with the taste I had last week an the week before. So I took a PPI. there is no burning or nausea like last time
That then lead me to vomit. But every time I burp I get anxious. I’m an emotional wreck. I have so much “butt” pressure. Unsure of those lovey hospital beds or just huge piles of gas ahah that needs to be gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having several surgeries in a row just stinks. Fortunately there doesn't seem to be any burning sensation from bile or acid this time.

The burping is normal. It really is though I can understand that you're really suspicious about it. Usually moving around helps the gas best. Also best to prevent thrombosis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 06/20/2020 at 02:15, summerset said:



Having several surgeries in a row just stinks. Fortunately there doesn't seem to be any burning sensation from bile or acid this time.




The burping is normal. It really is though I can understand that you're really suspicious about it. Usually moving around helps the gas best. Also best to prevent thrombosis.


Thanks. It sure does.
There is no esophagus burning or vomit but I have a weird taste in my mouth. I held down 4 oz Of shake today as well as some Water. So so far sooooo good!!!! ;-)
If I vomit bile I’m going to lose it. Everything that gurgles I get anxious. Xanax will be my new friend hahaha
The PPI has to be opened and I put it in applesauce and it’s just gross just like the Tylenol. It’s gag-able.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think you should of taken Charcoal pills without the doctors permission. Sounds like gas build up to me. Walk as often as possible and take gasX if permitted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 06/21/2020 at 04:48, anxiousme03 said:

I don’t think you should of taken Charcoal pills without the doctors permission. Sounds like gas build up to me. Walk as often as possible and take gasX if permitted.

Charcoal was the surgery before and maybe you’re right. I thought it was a good gas release. Or so I was told and read. Don’t honestly think it had to do with the revision though. I was sick and gassy before the pills. Who knows. Water under the bridge and already had a 3rd surgery

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×