Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Having H2O Problems

I was wondering is anyone having problems meeting their Water intake goal? I am 12 days out and I am suppose to drink at min. 32 ozs. a day but within the limits of 1/4 cups every 15 min. I am sipping water all and I mean all day long and I can bearly meet that 32 oz mark let alone the 64 oz they want us at. I also am now into the mush stage so I can't drink 30 min. before a meal and 1 hour after a meal....taking another 6 hours out of my drinking time (assumeing 3 meals are eating). Any tips from you all?

Take Care!!

Angela

Hi Angela,

What is the reason for your pacing yourself at .25 cup every 15 minutes? I can see that maybe for the first couple of days, but once you're on full liquids that limitation doesn't apply to everything, does it? So what difference would it make how fast you drink your Water?

Unless there's some reason that's specific to you, I don't see why you'd have to sip that way. Until my 3rd fill I could chug Water just like I could pre-band, and no one ever told me not to. Drinking as slowly as you have been I'm not surprised it's hard to get it all in. But I don't think there's any reason not to just drink as you like.

I still have trouble drinking all the Water I should. I'm still tight from my initial fill at surgery, and if I drink too much at a time it overfills me. That's uncomfortable. I find that if I drink from a straw it prevents too big a drink at one time, which is helpful. I drink clear water alone, in tea, in crystal light, in coffee, Soup, and any other way I can think of too add it, but don't rely soley on clear water for my intake, I'd never make it. I do try to get in at least a few cups of plain water though, it just feels better. good luck and hang in there.

I was a huge Water drinker before my surgery. I am banded for 13 days now. I used to drink when I ate which was all of the time. I never get thirsty and am not a big drinker unless it's with food. I , too, am finding it hard to drink all the required water. I focus right now on 4 c a day. I didnt know we couldn't drink 30 min before a meal..Why is that?

You can also drink right up intil you eat but no drinking for 1 hour afterwards

Here is how my daily Water goes

20 oz 6:00 am

eat Breakfast 8:00 am

20 oz 9:30 am

eat lunch between 12-1

2:00 20 more oz

3:30 16 oz

dinner at 5 or 6 pm

20 oz at 7:00 to wash out my pouch before bed

You could still also be swollen form surgery which makes it s little harder to get it all in, but once the swelling is completely gone, should be no reason why you can not drink more ..I guzzle my Water and have had 3 fills

Also try adding a little crystal light to your water to give it a great taste, makes drinking so much water a little easier :)

I don't know how to take "small sips" of water...maybe I'm not coordinated enough. I feel so full when I drink that I have to force myself to drink anyting because I hate to feel so "bloated". I know that I am not getting all the Water in but I'm going to follow the advice about trying to clean the pouch out at night....

[link=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[image noborder]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10300;0;0;0/c/-7/t/-67/k/a997/weight.png[/image]

[/link]

Yippee!!! Tammy pick the first choice, not the second, and see if that works, also close/save your signature, then post something and it should come up.

Then we need to go out an delete all this hijack from this poor thread

Sorry but I have been resisting the urge to post on this thread for a day or two, but LULU got the better of me so here is my post.

H2O problem hmmm? Would that be you need some depends or is your kidneys just getting old now.

Sorry had to do it.

OK Penni here again. I have no problems getting in my Water now. But right after banding it was very hard to get in my water. Just take it slow and if you are getting in any consider yourself lucky.

Is your Water real cold? Sometimes real cold water is a problem for me. I usually drink it cold to room temp.

For me, I have one of those 32oz jugs.that I sip on in the morning after Breakfast but most of it I drink between lunch and dinner (1/4 before lunch). I must drink it before I can have my yogurt between 4:30 and 5:00p I fill it up again, then I have to drink the second one before I can have my snack at 10:00p If I don't have my 2nd 32oz before my snack, I can't have one. (okay it is kindergartenish, but, I love my yogurt and snack)

Hey Kathy, Can you help me get a ticker tape???? Tara p.s. I'm having a hard time drinking the Water too.. Think I might strap it to my hip!!!

it's official, I have no idea why the ticker thingy won't work. Going to reaserch other threads. Tammy, we WILL get you that ticker!