Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"Houston, We Have Restriction" WEE HEE!

:) So I got my third "tweak" today (Banded Sept. 11th) My doctor is so great about adding/removing as often as I need to get it right. And I think we really got it right this time. Instead of a full bag of steamed veggies, I am perfect with 1/2 cups mixed with Tofu and am waaaaaay full. :whoo:

I had lost a small amount of Fluid "to the Band" as he put it. That is like when you make coffee, my mother used to say throw in an extra spoonful for "the pot" - Interesting - splains why I started getting hungry again.

I love having a Doc that I can go in 3 x a month for no charge to adjust my fill and get it right if that is what I need. And I find that his instincts are actually pretty good - (I am learning from this board that fuller is not better, weight loss stops as metabolism adjusts).

Anyway, I hear a lot of people that still don't have restriction and I say, "Sit On Your Doctors Doorstep and Take No Crap!" LOL.

Love to you all.

I got my 3rd fill yesterday. Wow! I am having some trouble with liquids. It kinda feels like I'm gurgling when I drink. I am gonna give it another day to see if I'm just swollen from the fill. If not, I'll have to have some taken out. I basically had not restiction before and now 1 little cc is kicking by ass!

Wish me luck. I start mushies tomorrow afternoon and am scared!

Let us know what happens. One, I want to know you are okay. And two, if that ever happens, then I will have your experience to draw on.

Good Luck, sunshine.

I got my 3rd fill yesterday. Wow! I am having some trouble with liquids. It kinda feels like I'm gurgling when I drink. I am gonna give it another day to see if I'm just swollen from the fill. If not, I'll have to have some taken out. I basically had not restiction before and now 1 little cc is kicking by ass!

Wish me luck. I start mushies tomorrow afternoon and am scared!

Let us know how things turn out. Good luck.:bounce:

When I got my 3rd fill that was my big "AHA!!!!" moment. When you GET restriction, you will KNOW it.....it's like a light turning on. From then on, it's like riding a bicycle...you'll never forget and you'll know it when you get it, and know it when it's gone.

Finally reaching restriction is wonderful. If you are over tight though, please don't mess around. See your doctor and get an unfill as quickly as possible. This is coming from someone who went overfilled for several months before I finally did something about it.

LOL

Loved your thread title, Lisa!

I'm SO thrilled, after all the complications I had GETTING surgery in August and then waiting 8 weeks for my first fill, that I got great restriction with it and am doing well with it!

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you all. I am doing better. You are right about true restiction! I am doing good on mushies. I had an egg this morning. It went down fine, but when I am done, I am done! Wow! I have also had some pain with drinking too fast. I thought I had this band all figured out, but I was wrong. I am pretty tight right now, but that's ok. I will lose weight like this and the band will loosen up in a hurry. Then I will be just fine. Heck, I may even need another fill soon!

My goal is to weigh 165 by Christmas. (9 more pounds to go!) That would be 67 pounds lost since being banded on August 13. I can do it. I just need to kick in the exercise! Wish me luck!

Gotta love that band!!!