Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Officially in the hair loss phase

I'm almost 4 months post op and I am officially in the Hair loss phase :( I was hoping I'd be one of the few lucky ones but after watching the amount of hair loss gradually increase over the last couple of weeks, I am accepting it. I have very fine hair, but lots of it so I'm hoping it won't become visible. I'm also taking the opportunity of working from home to not dye it or other things that generally increase loss. Keeping my fingers crossed.

For those of you who also had loss, how long did the increase loss last?

I had a bit as well, but like you it's vert fine and lots of it, so noone really noticed anything but me. It started growing back almost immeditately and refilled out without any problems. So keep in mind that it could be just you who is seeing it.

Sammmmmmee my hair was falling out in chunks like now after about 6-7 months I started to have my baby hairs in the front start to grow again and parts of my head where I had the balding happening is starting to grown in a bit. A lot of people say usually after 8 months it starts to grow back after your body starts to adjust to your new consistent weight. Hopefully it keeps growing lol

Edited by Isabelmonster

11 hours ago, loridee11 said:

I'm almost 4 months post op and I am officially in the Hair loss phase :( I was hoping I'd be one of the few lucky ones but after watching the amount of hair loss gradually increase over the last couple of weeks, I am accepting it. I have very fine hair, but lots of it so I'm hoping it won't become visible. I'm also taking the opportunity of working from home to not dye it or other things that generally increase loss. Keeping my fingers crossed.

For those of you who also had loss, how long did the increase loss last?

Same about starting the Hair loss phase 😢 I'm 3 months post op, and my hair is thin, but... very, very long so I'm hoping the length can kind of cover up the missing bits until it starts to grow back. I mean, in 2017 I had a portion of it shaved when I had brain surgery and that grew back and I didn't stress about it so I'm trying not to do so now, but seeing the sheer amount of hair coming out is kinda scary...

I am a male so Really do not care if i loose my hair = plus i had gradual Hair loss due to age first. But what i can tell you is my female friends who had the surgery before me went thru this stage and it stopped and grew back.

or be like me and Shave your head and loose weight and get asked if you have cancer every day!

It will pass i have two friends that were sleeved and made it thru this phase.

mine started during month 6 and lasted maybe three months. Fortunately, I didn't lose all that much. I just noticed about twice as many strands in my comb when I combed out my hair after washing it. I otherwise probably wouldn't have noticed - so I doubt anyone else did.

LOL to shaving my head. I'm pretty certain it would not be a great look on me, weight loss or no :)

My hair started falling out (ALOT) around the 3 month mark, and I think it probably stopped at the 7 month mark (about the time that I stopped losing weight on purpose). I lost quite a bit. Cut my hair super short pixie when it started to try to minimize the visible scalp look.

Started to notice the sprouting of little itty bitty chicken hairs around month 10.

I'm 1.5 years post op now, and I've got a TON of these chicken hairs all over my head, and they are about 3-4 -ish inches long now and still stick up when I don't style my hair, so it looks pretty funny. But I'll take em. Once they grow long enough to lay flat I will probably look close to normal again...though I dunno if I want to grow it back to the length it was before...we'll see.