Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Posted (edited)

Hi. 11 weeks post op. Weight loss only 30lbs up to now. Another 20 to go but weight loss has virtually stopped due to lock down and lack of exercise. Has anyone tried juicing diets to bump start weight loss?

Edited by Angel sale

I just gonna copy this from another tread I just replied in. Not sure if there is a need to speed anything up, as I don't have your stats.

I think this recuring post has to do with that we all had a lifetime of failures, thinking that OUR body is much different than everyone elses body. So we automatically set us up mentally for failure, and when we feel that (or see on the scale) that nothing happens, there we go again telling ourselves that, yep - my body failed me again. There is no outline for me.

I cannot relate to this actually situation as I didn't weight myself for the first 3 months. But I had a stall around 3 months. It was utter hell, and I thought I ruined it - but what I failed to see was my body changing and just not on the scale. I didn't see the big picture until my surgeons coordinator pointed out after me complaining a little about "only loosing 20kg" in 10 weeks, that that is in fact 2kgs a week, which is a lot.

I know most of us except fat to just disapear after surgery. I had somewhat the same thoughts. At 7 months out, I have lost a lot, a lot more than what they excepted to begin with. My point was here to be, that if I see my total weightloss, I might see it as "it should be more", at the same time my average weightloss is about 1,6kgs pr week.

They say that I should take about a year ++ to loose 70-80% of your excess weight. Naturally, if you are 300kgs you will loose a lot more weight in the same time than if you are 100kgs at the time of your surgery. That also goes for weightloss without surgery.

Our bodies work different but at the same at the accurate same way as everyone elses. Stalls will come, you will see weeks without changes on the scale. Probably several times during the journey. Sometimes you might even see that the scale increases. Water retention is a b***h. So is beeing a female and all our hormones. I remember once many years ago, I gained 10kgs litteraly over night due to my cycle. No wonder we feel extra fat when Aunt Flow comes around 😂 Rembember to keep your eye on the price, but also on measurings tapes and pictures, not the scale.

Thank you. Your reply was very uplifting xxx