Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oprah Show today

I actually found the Oprah show today very motivating. While the weight loss challenge people didn't have WLS it really motivated me to lose the extra 35 lbs I have to lose. I am going in for a fill soon! Who else enjoyed it?

I watched it too. It was really something that some of those people lost HUNDREDS of pounds with only motivation and inspiration. It does kinda make you think what do I have to complain about if my fills aren't working yet...... :cry :D

Have you all ever heard believe half of what you see and NONE of what you hear?

Do you think Oprah lost all the weight she did with just plain ol' diet and exercise?

No Tummy Tuck, no Lipo, no nose job, no hair weave?

No skin hanging or cut etc, etc, etc, ....no boob job?

Look at her from the Color Purple and look at her now.

Some of those people had surgeries, if it is hard for us as patients with some kind of help, I am not buying it.

We have to work out WITH the lap-band. I just think that all that glitters isn't gold, I work my butt off at the gym I've had the band for 5 months and I have went from 283 to 220. I have had 2 fills, but I work out if not every day, at least 5 times a week for at least an hour and a half and I still have flab and skin beginning to sag no matter what. I have this awful pouch from my 4 children that won't go away and it's very difficult to see some of the people that are on t.v. acting like "oh, all I did was diet and exercised and VOILA".

I am happy for anyone that took back their life whether it is by surgery, or diet and exercise or lipo or tummy tucks.

I'm just sayin'

Be 4 REAL!

I personally had a hard time believing that one woman lost 530 pounds without WLS. What does everyone else think?

I know, I mean will power alone?

I just don't believe it, with no cutting of skin, or anything?

Ok

Do you think Oprah lost all the weight she did with just plain ol' diet and exercise?

Look at her from the Color Purple and look at her now.

I am not buying it.

I don't mean to sound cynical.....but.....

HAHAHAHAH!!

Word.

Nail-Head-Got it. Took the words from my mouth.

For that matter, if Oprah hasn't had surgery with all of her disposable income....the broad is just plain stupid IMHO.

lol Fox,

I know...IF it was that easy EVERYONE would be just dieting and exercising. I'm thinking, just like Star Jones Reynolds, she just didn't want to admit to getting short cuts. AND Fox, where the hell did this 'thyroid' problem come from she claims to have? Where was it all the time? She is getting fat again and those old habits are creeping up.

Crapola Oprah, people with thyroid problems still exercise. She is just getting lazy and needs to tell the people something.

Fact is, Oprah has never been skinny, just like so many of us here.

However.....chick has more money than GOD. Get lapband, get a sleeve, get a DS, get a RNY, who gives a shit if it's the so called "easy way". Isn't life hard enough without INSITING you make it harder? How many personal chefs, personal trainers, personal motivators do you have to go through before you figure out that this ISN'T going to happen with the same old drone diet/exercise/watchwhatyoueat/workoutmore mentality?

And as for aging...Pbbt. If you've got the money to afford a plastic surgeon who'll keep you looking under 45 till you're 105...GO FOR IT. Why not?

Then again, I am drunk posting...soooo, I could be way outta line.

Oh. And PS....Star Jones can suck me. She's the biggest fake that ever walked the earth. Diet and excersise my ASS. Just admit you had WLS, we'll respect you more for it. It's better than feeding us this bullshit about a pilates, Water and yoga. PUH-LEEZE!

LMAO!

I really LOVE you Fox, you took the words right outta my mouth!

I totally understand, we could only wish about the $$$ Oprah has, I don't think she understands the fact that if she (and Star) came out and told the damn truth, we could care less. Maybe long for the $$$ to do the shit too, but we really wouldn't care more or less.

At least they lost the weight, who gives a damn about how you did it?

Hi 5 Fox, Coincidentally, I was sippin' on some Boone's Farm $1.99 Peach wine myself!

lolololmao

I watched the show too, it was very inspirational. I don't really care how these people lost their weight (I don't look to TV for role models) I am just happy that these people are out of the self-made prison some overweight people build for themselves.

I really wanted to see the show, I am so mad that I missed it!

Here is my opinion, people just should focus on how wonderful it is that someont lost weight, not the fact "did they have surgery, or did they not". It doesn't matter, I get so mad when people think "oh, they took the easy way out, they had surgery". Like having surgery discounts the fact they lost weight. grrrr.

To me, I really don't care if the lady lost 530 lbs having surgery or not having surgery. I want to know, what did you eat, did you exercise? What type of exercise, how many times a week? Etc. That to me is what is important. I wish the shows that promote weightloss would leave out the fact "they did it without WLS". They make it sound like it is so much better now because they didn't have WLS.

I admire people who lose weight, I truly do, whether they have WLS or not, its all a personal decision, and people need to be better educated on WLS as a tool, not a cure.

I don't hear people saying "they lowered their blood pressure, and they did it without medicine".

I hope they replay the show.

LMAO!

Hi 5 Fox, Coincidentally, I was sippin' on some Boone's Farm $1.99 Peach wine myself!

lolololmao

Incidentally, I shared a pitcher of beer with my Mom at our local dive bar. Talk about bonding. :nervous

I don't really care how anyone loses weight. Star Jones just ticked me off to no end for denying she'd had WLS. By denying it and using the "I've used diet and exercise" routine that we've ALL heard over and over again, it feeds into the fairytale that all overweight folk need to do is find the right diet. If it was that easy, we wouln't be here.

I didin't mean to offended anyone with the "easy way out" comment. I wasn't trying to imply it's easy. It is however a reasonable end to years of yo-yo dieting and banging your head against the same brick wall of fad diets and infomercial exercise machines. Frankly, I think it should be done more often and with less shame. What's the glory in dieting and dieting and dieting with no or limited success?

Yes, my disappointment was that they didn't reveal more about what they consumed, how much exercise, how they started exercising and their plastic surgeries. The woman who lost 530 lbs had to have had plastic surgery but it was not mentioned. I also would have like to have heard how she exercised at 700 lbs.

Touche, Julie!

First words at the office lunch table today were asking if I'd seen the show--because before the Band, they were all so "all you need is to find the right diet!" (Because I already workout four days a week)

Sorry, hate to be a cynic, but everyone is right--it gives false hope to those of us that have tried, and tried, and tried!

Okay, so let's just say they really DID lose that weight by themselves through diet and exercise--let's have a look at them a year from now--we all know the yo yo syndrome!!

Sorry, I am NOT buying into this package... :(