Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long have you had your band and are you still happy?

How long have you had your band, are you still happy with it, any probs so far  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How long have you had your band, are you still happy with it, any probs so far

• 0 - 1year
    • 1 - 3years
    • 3- 5years
    • 5 - 7years
    • 7 - 9years
    • 10years +
    • Yes, I am totally happy with it
    • No, I wish I hadn't done it
    • Yes, I have had problems
    • No problems with my band to date

6 months and 61 pounds gone with 50 to go.. I am over the moon excited and happy with my band :smile2:

I've had my band since Dec 07 and although I have had a few problems, I would have it done again in a heartbeat. The band has totally changed my life. I have lost 73 pounds and feel like a completely different person.

I am a little over 2 1/2 years out from surgery, am actually below my original goal weight, by choice. I am happy where I am now, and maintaining without much problem. I have zero fill in at this time, I had it removed to have a Tummy Tuck, and have never filled it again.

No problems, and I consider the band one of the best things I have ever done for myself----my health, both physically and emotionally are far better off than they were 3 years ago!!

Kat

Mine was actually pretty easy, as I had very little excess in areas they usually have to do a lot of Lipo on, which is the biggest source of pain.

I had some muscle repair, and it WAS sore, but not as bad as I had anticipated.

My incision was done on an angle as opposed to a smilie face curve....mine is done from hip bone to pubic bone, across the top of the pubic bone and back up to the other hip bone...kind of like this _/, so when I stand facing straight forward all you see is the one across the top, and it is usually done below the pubic hair line, so it too can be hidden.

The TT was an awesome change---I always carried the vast majority of my excess weight in my belly, and to be flat stomached again is wonderful!!!

My surgeon did the mons lift as part of the TT---and I am thrilled with that as well.

I actually had a history of a torn abdominal muscle, and documentation of rashes and skin tears, so my insurance paid for mine. I consider myself VERY lucky for that!!

Good Luck in yours, I bet you will LOVE it!!!

Kat

10 months out and so happy I had it done. Best cash I ever spent.

After 40 some years of life, I can finally eat "normally" and feel great!

I still think about food and my weight of course, but don't obsess about it anymore!

Would I do it all over again? In a heartbeat (wish I had it done 25-30 yrs ago!).

Hi! I had my lapband placed 1 year,2 months, & 8 days ago and I am still happy with my decision and my "Band". I feel like a brand new person, younger and more energetic and feel so much in control of my life now! I would do it again in a New York minute.

Thanks,

shellil

Banded 1 yr 4 months (7/07)

I am loving it - no complications

I haven't been this healthy since my early 20's...

110 lbs gone !!!! Who wouldn't be happy ;o)

Edited by IndioGirl55

I'm two years out and recovering (i hope) from a slip. I lost 40 lbs and then stopped losing. Now I have to diet, and I am obviously not good at it.

I know I would not have been able to lose anything without my band, so I guess I am "happy-ish" about it.

I was banded in early July of this year and feel that the band is the best thing I have ever done for myself. In the past few months, I have become a much happier person, mentally and physically! I am so much more comfortable with myself and my feelings about food have changed dramatically.

I am almost 11 months out and could not be more happy with the results. I have lost darn near 100% of my weight bringing me to a normal BMI. I went from 18/20 XL to 6/8 Mediums.

I did have an issue with sudden tightening of the band leading to an emergency unfill. Later discovered that it was caused by pregnancy, lol.

I love my band. Thank you, thank you, thank you my wonderful band.

My lapBand surgery date was May 20, 2005 and I had good results for awhile, and then starting vomiting all the time, which in turn ate all the enamel off the backs of my teeth! Now I am having severe problems with my teeth. Also this surgery basically ruined my life. I found out later that I have systemic lupus and am sick all the time, and due to the Lupus - my doctors have advised that I cannot even have it removed, nor use it. I am highly frustrated and angry with the GastricBand.com surgeon that performed my surgery and the entire staff. Had they checked me for Lupus, they would NOT have been able to perform the surgery in the first place and not have wasted the $20,000 it cost out of pocket! I received the absolute WORST after care of any physician I have ever dealt with in my entire life and would NOT suggest GastricBand.com to ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even their "poster girl", Brooke, that works in the office had a horrible bedside manner and everyone kept trying to tell me "I" was doing things wrong, when in fact I was NOT! I have had much better luck with my weight after being told I could no longer use the "band" by just controlling my own portions and eating healthier. Now I am so sick with so many other illnesses I can no longer even work and have had to file for medical disability. And when Social Security requested my files from GastricBand.com, they refused to send the files. That itself speaks volumes to me, and also, if the "band" is so great, then someone should be explaining why so many people are having to get it removed these days! My surgeon offered to remove mine and in the same surgery do a "mini-bypass", which would have killed me with all the medical problems I now have! :thumbup: I have never been so angry in my entire 50 years of life and wish I could turn in my surgeon and their staff for negligance. And I may just do it:cursing:.

Also, good luck to those of you that are having good results - I am happy for you, but I would never suggest it to anyone myself after my horrible experiences.

Melodie Aultman-Morris

aka: Duchess1

email: melodieamorris@hotmail.com

I was banded on 3-24-08 - I love it!!

I cant imagine how much I would weigh right now if I have not had the surgery.

My weight loss is slow compared to some - but that is ok - I drink tons of Water, exercise, and am feeling so much better.