Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long have you had your band and are you still happy?

How long have you had your band, are you still happy with it, any probs so far  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How long have you had your band, are you still happy with it, any probs so far

• 0 - 1year
    • 1 - 3years
    • 3- 5years
    • 5 - 7years
    • 7 - 9years
    • 10years +
    • Yes, I am totally happy with it
    • No, I wish I hadn't done it
    • Yes, I have had problems
    • No problems with my band to date

I have now officially been banded for two years. I lost 100% of my excess weight, had a baby, had a slip, replaced the band, regained a little and am now very slightly overweight . . . but am thankfully now at restriction again and on my way back down.

Even with my complication, I would absolutely do it again with no doubt. Weight is no longer the center point of my life . . . it is almost an afterthought most times (until those times when I don't have restriction and eat inappropriate things).

Normal life and living has taken over. I can shop anywhere, wear whatever and look good in it, I eat healthier more tasteful foods, I have energy and my life is full. The band has really had a priceless impact on my life.

Banded in 2003. Slip repair in 2006. Band replacement (due to slipage and scar tissue) and port site moved 2/2/10. I still love my band, even witht he complications I have had! Started out at 200 lbs currently 133 lbs. It works!!

Got my band Aug. 2007. I would not change a thing. I need to work very hard to loose my last 13 lbs. the band has saved my life.

It will be 3yrs on monday march 15th, that i have been banded!!!!

wow and i love it!!! i wouldnt change it for the world!!!

best decision i made in the world:wub:

Omg, everybody. This was the best decisions that I made almost 3 yrs ago. It will be june 9th.

I've reached my goal, at the top of the 10cc's and preparing for my tt on april 26th. wooo hooo!!!!:thumbup:

For the ones that is preparing this journey, or the ones that just got it done and the ones who is on the journey; just let it ride, make sure you take care of yourself and the weight will come off!!!

....Weight is no longer the center point of my life . . . it is almost an afterthought most times....Normal life and living has taken over. I can shop anywhere, wear whatever and look good in it, I eat healthier more tasteful foods, I have energy and my life is full. The band has really had a priceless impact on my life.

Exactly. Now when I struggle with weight, it's a 5 or 10 lb issue, not a 200+ lb issue. Definitely a priceless impact on my life. As I tell people all the time, "you'd have to fight me for my band!"

Hey Julie, long time no see!!! Good to see you are still doing well. Have you finished all your surgeries? Are you happy with your results?

Very nice to see you again!!!

I have been banded for 1 year 4 months and I am still very happy with it. I was a little late at getting my second fill, I waited til September to do it and all of a sudden started losing a lot of weight. I think the main key to having the band is if you hit a dry spell get a fill. I also think you need to pay attention to yourself and your band and learn how it works and learn what it likes and dislikes. I actually can eat anything I want, although I eat smart I am able to eat things I was told I would never be able to touch again. I have lost a little over 50 lbs so far and although I am 16 weeks pregnant I have yet to gain a pound. I keep losing weight and eating healthy. Being banded was the best thing I have done in my life, as far as weight loss. It was well worth every penny and everything else that goes on when being banded. :thumbup:

I've been banded now for 18 months and I'm 75 lbs away from my goal. I do not regret my decision for one minute!!! I cannot believe how happy I am. How much healthier I feel. I've lost 100 lbs that I never would've lost otherwise.

Hi my name is shalonda and am from chicago il i had my surgery on feb 18,2010 i was very over weight and i wanted to loss weight because all my friends was skinny but now i got this surgery am feeling down and i dont eat no more scared everytime i go to the doctor i evan lost weight or my weight is the same. I need some help some advice and guides cause it hard out here for me and everyday my stomach hurts please help me out thanks

8 months out with my tool, I did experience a couple of minor issues but I am still very happy with the results and my future.

I was banded 12/20/08 which was 19 months ago. I am down 90 pds and to goal, off all medications and feel like a teenager again. I am a size 8-10 and loving life. I do still come on this site once a day to keep things fresh in my mind and then go out and live life to it's fullest. I never regretted this decision and would recommend it to anyone wanting a new lease on life. I do not want to ever go back to looking like an old heavy woman again. Life is soooooo gooooodd.

Oops, I forgot to mention that I am one of the lucky ones from Dr. Atkinson in Las Vegas that lost all 90 pounds with NO FILLS and still have restriction. I know I am a rare person to not have fills, but it is possible.

Hello, I was banded in May of 2009 in Monterrey,Mx by Dr Zappatta. I love my band, I think it is the best thing since slcie bread. I would do it all over again. Only problem that I've had which is my fault that I don't eat slow enough and it will come up. But that's the only problems I've had. I love my band