Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long have you had your band and are you still happy?

How long have you had your band, are you still happy with it, any probs so far  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How long have you had your band, are you still happy with it, any probs so far

• 0 - 1year
    • 1 - 3years
    • 3- 5years
    • 5 - 7years
    • 7 - 9years
    • 10years +
    • Yes, I am totally happy with it
    • No, I wish I hadn't done it
    • Yes, I have had problems
    • No problems with my band to date

I have had my band for 18 mos and I sooo wish I could say that I love it. Take into consideration, though, that I have not put forth an enormous amount of effort. But, I have given up many things and have not lost (NOR GAINED) 1 single pound in 1 1/2 years. That is very depressing. I don't know if I can honestly say I wish I hadn't had it done - because I'm sure I would have gained weight had it not been for the band; however, I am disappointed that I haven't had weight loss success.

I forget if I replied to this thread or not.

I had my band removed after 18 months and goal. I switched to a sleeve to maintain. I have to say that no, if I had it all to do over again I wouldn't do it. It really did a job on my esophagus and my esophagus is still recovering. Four months of liquids was quite enough. ;o)

Edited by WASaBubbleButt

I've been banded a little over 2 months and am loving the results.

Yes, it's hard to make good food choices everyday, but it's a heck of a lot better then always thinking or worrying about food 24 hours a day!

The best way I can describe the feeling is you know what it's like to go food shopping right after you have eaten? You're really not too concerned with food because you are satiated right? Well, that's how I feel the majority of the time now.

It's not that I am no longer interested in food; it's just that I am no longer consumed with food thoughts because I mostly feel full.

I'm excited to see where the next few months will take me and my band!!

Edited by cattoy71

So far so good!!!

No regrets.

I'm loving seeing the scales actually move in the right direction now!:biggrin:

post-243680-13813137952791_thumb.jpg

Love it! 5-weeks out and 32 pounds lighter.:biggrin:

Hey you bandsters out there! I just had my band done Dec. 16th, and I know it's the best thing I have ever done for myself. I want to let you all know how inspirational you all have been for me to go forward with this procedure.

Have a great holiday season and a healthy 09

Bea:thumbup::tongue_smilie::thumbup::tongue::thumbup::lol::thumbup::eek:

I had mine removed on May 6th, 2008.

Having the Silicone Noose wrapped around my upper stomach was one of the dumbest things I have ever done.

The results of that expereince will plague me for the rest of my life.

Oh, I'm happy as can be for the people who have had it actually work for them. But there is a large (and growing) population of those for whom it has been a nightmare.

4 years now. My wife and I had it done the same day. Our total weigh loss is 400lbs and we would do it again. We have had a lot of PBing and can't seem to find the perfect fill level or we just try to eat to much. I just added our photo album

In a few days I will have had my band for 2 years. If I had known about the sleeve, I would have had that surgery. I get really tired of worrying about the perfect restriction.

I was fine in the day time. I could eat anything I wanted and never threw up in the day time. In the middle of the night was another story. I would be sound asleep and throw up in my sleep. I had an esophagram done, and it showed the barium sitting in my esophagus for over 15 min. and not moving down through the band into my stomach. I had to have half of my fill removed and let my esophagus rest. My dr. said I could have blown out my esophagus. How is that possible when nothing ever felt stuck.

I will have my band removed and get the sleeve if I can ever come up with the money. I am glad to have lost the weight, but I can never have another fill. My dr. said it would be dangerous, since I was not throwing up or getting food stuck, so I had no syptoms of a problem other than in the middle of the night. Right now I can eat anything I want, so it's basically back to being on a diet, trying to maintain my weight loss.

14 months out, lost 97.5 pounds...Was a size 24, now an 8! I love it! I have some heartburn as I hear many do.. but I find it is a results of my fighting the band (still)..i.e. not taking small enough bites, or not chewing well...I hit my 'sweet spot' after my 4th fill. I LOVE MY BAND!

Band Removed 05/06/08 - Happiest Day of my life thus far! I just didn't like the way it was eroding my stomach, causing severe pain, etc....ya know what I mean?

I am curious as more and more people have the band for a few years, how many more complications we are going to hear about. It really does scare me knowing I have silicone wrapped around my stomach. It doesn't seem natural and it worries me that eventually won't be safe.

Was banded about 2 1/2 years ago and have been completely happy with it. To date I have no problems. Love it!!

1 year in August 2009 and love it 91 lbs gone forever!!!! It's a great tool!!! :(