Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long have you had your band and are you still happy?

How long have you had your band, are you still happy with it, any probs so far  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How long have you had your band, are you still happy with it, any probs so far

• 0 - 1year
    • 1 - 3years
    • 3- 5years
    • 5 - 7years
    • 7 - 9years
    • 10years +
    • Yes, I am totally happy with it
    • No, I wish I hadn't done it
    • Yes, I have had problems
    • No problems with my band to date

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Twenty months out and love my band. Yes I have days when I think I would love to just eat whatever,but it has never overcome the feelin I had when I was so fat. I love these size ten jeans way more than any food I have ever had.:) Five pounds to goal and most certainly not my bands fault.

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I had my surgery August 23, 2006 and have never had any issues with it except one overfill which I got corrected. I would do it again in a heartbeat. I have lost almost 100 lbs. with it.

Coming up on 2 months and loving it. I'm losing about 1-3lbs a week. Hoping for a fill so I can feel the real affects of being a bandster and having the tools really work with and for me. I have no regrets. I view it as a tool.

Yes I could lose 1-3lbs a week on my own with Weight Watchers, but the band is my will power on Portion Control, it does for me what I cannot do for myself! It has forced me to be consciously aware of how much and of what I am eating.

i have been banded for 10 days now and i love it i have noticed with my 29 pound loss i have more energy and i eat way less but it fills me up. there is always risks to any surgery you have. but if you dont take that chance youll never know if you will succeed. sometimes problems with some people that have band problems is maybe if there eating right or not following doctors orders. gl i hope your band does you well.

I was having a hard time today. Thank all of you for your stories they have giving me a lift. My banding is jan 7 2008 I'm a little scared. this will be a great change in my life.

I've had my band 3.5 mos and would do it again in a heartbeat!

weight.png

Hi All- I've had my band for 5 years. I had my surgery the end of July 2003. I was banded in MX by Dr. Kuri. I ended up having to file bankruptcy because of the cost but would do it in a heartbeat again. This has been the best thing I have ever done for myself. I have struggled with my weight all of my life. I now have pictures from different holidays that look the about the same that is huge for me before I could tell the year or when the pictures was taken by how heavy I was that year. I have now been able to wear out a pair of jeans.. which was a first for me because my weight was never stable enough to allow me to wear the same pair of jeans long enough to wear them out.. these things may seem like little victories to others but to me they where and are HUGE victories. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

I was one of those very lucky people that had restriction from the beginning and didn't need a fill until I was almost at goal. Over the years I have gained some weight back about 20 pounds which was nothing compared to the 80 to 90 pounds it would have been in the past during the last 3 months I went for a fill and have slowly taken the weight back off. My band has been a fabulous tool that has helped me change my life.

TIM

Over 7 years out. Still love my band despite a prolonged unfill period that lasted off and on almost two years and ended up in some regain.

Losing again and well aware of the value of my tool and SO grateful that it's there!

The Lapband changed my life and really taught me a lot about myself. It's not perfect and I knew that going in, but I would run to the hospital again to have it done.

Back when Carnie Wilson was going through her RNY I was on a generic WLS board where no one had ever heard of the Lapband. As a result I became friends with a LOT of people who've had the RNY, DS and now the sleeve. Past five years you really can't tell us apart. Honestly.

When I was 30 I was diagnosed with cervical cancer--the rare kind that isn't a result of HPV. I was very grateful to be able to adjust my band as needed for the multiple surgeries I had to have, the medications, etc. It was nice to know that I didn't have to worry about malabsorption and any issues with that. I was very appreciative I had control like that.

I had a rough beginning with my band emotionally and behaviorally. But I found my way. In a strange way the band taught me patience and the value of small goals.

I still love my band :eek:.

PS I marked 7-9 years on the poll but it didn't register for some reason.

Thank you so very much for sharing your story. :) I look to stories like yours for inspiration when times are tough.

Almost 2 months and love it too lost 40 lbs and have 110 more to go

Angcal26

11 months out and no problems. I did have a gallbladder removed, but I don't consider that a Lap Band complication. I'm healthy, happy and down 68 pounds. Can't beat that with a stick. I'm slowing way down on my loss, but that was due to the complete unfill for the gallbladder and having to start over with fills. It will happen. I dont regret it for a minute.

I have been banded for 2 months now and although I have had virtually no restriction yet, I have lost 31 lbs in 4 months. So just the process of having the surgery has taught me better eating habits etc. and has been a positive occurrence for my weight loss. I am learning every day new and better ways to eat and exercise. So although this all has nothing really to do with the band itself, so far the "idea" of an effective band has been an overwhelmingly positive experience for me. I can't wait until I get actual restriction!!

My bandiversary is today and I didn't even know it. One year down, the rest of my life to go. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this band. I have been a slowish loser (50 lbs with another 30 to go) but I would not change a thing. My husband saw my success and got banded earlier this month. I had always been active but made poor food choices and ate way too much. Did the yoyo diet thing, phenphen, etc. Now I am losing the healthy way. The band does not allow me overeat the way I used. It's built in Portion Control. I am healthier, happier and can shop at "normal size" clothing stores.

Life is good!

14 months out.......

I have to say Ive had some ups and downs with fills, literally. lol

Theyve had to unfill me completely a few times, which slowed me down. But it never stopped me, I LOVE MY BAND!:)