Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long have you had your band and are you still happy?

How long have you had your band, are you still happy with it, any probs so far  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How long have you had your band, are you still happy with it, any probs so far

• 0 - 1year
    • 1 - 3years
    • 3- 5years
    • 5 - 7years
    • 7 - 9years
    • 10years +
    • Yes, I am totally happy with it
    • No, I wish I hadn't done it
    • Yes, I have had problems
    • No problems with my band to date

I have had my band for a year and nine months,, I am down almost 90 pounds ..I am very happy with it to say the least.

Has it been easy, no, have i missed out on somethings and been angey , had minor colplications .. YES YES YES

Have I learned to be patient and take glory in small steps, that every time i get angry that I am growing and beconing smarter about my band,, am I a prefect bandster.. By Far no.. but even with the hard times, the reflux, and the sleepless nights.. these things are self controled by my own choices..

I love my Band and I look forward to where we are going..

I was banded 9/28/07, down 33 pounds, I love the band but after 5 weeks, I started draining from the port site, I am still draining, no infection, my dr. said give it three more weeks and if the draining does not stop he will remove the port. I would like to hear from someone who has had a port removed

Beka, yesterday I was also looking thru posts and noticed that most people who post are new to the band. I TOO wanted to hear from some others who have been banded for awhile to see how they are doing. Thanks for your thread!!

Since I am so close to surgery, I wanted to stay positive, so I told myself that the oldies are all happy and without complications, so they are not needing the support anymore. I was glad to read that same answer from someone responding to your posts.

Now, if someone could tell me what the acronym PB stands for....I know it means barfing, but I can't figure out the PB part....I would think BC (blow chow) or HC (hurl chow). :bandit

Hi all

I was flitting through the lap band complications forum and a lot of people who have had the band awhile are having them removed or having problems. So of course I had a bit of a freak out but thought that I should get my stats straight first, so I am curious how long have you had your band and are you still happy with it. Also have you had any problems - even if its now okay?

I had the lapband surgery over 3 months ago. I am 3 quarters full and I have only lost 6 pounds since surgery. I can only get one more fill until the band is full. I am not hopefull about losing weight. I don't have restrictions that keep my food in a small pouch. It all passes through. I am soooooooooo disappointed and wonder why it isn't working for me.

On the 21st it'll have been 2 years since I got my band. It's the best thing I've ever done for myself. I've lost 156 pounds and am 10 pounds to my goal. I'm having a lower body lift on the 20th. I have had my struggles and had to have a port revision 6 months out, but I wouldn't trade my band for anything.

I was not happy in the first year of my lap band experience, it took a lot for me to get it just right as far as my fills and the insurance to pay for the fills and what to eat and what not to eat. But when it all started to work and I had enough fills and started loosing on a consistant basis I felt a lot better about my lap band decision.

I still fight the demon sugar on a daily basis, I am totally into chocolate and it's never going to change for me. I don't exersize enough so I have good days and lots of bad and thats why I still need to loose quite a bit but more but I am happy with what I've lost so far.

I never have lost this much in my life and kept it off for this long and it feels really good.

Believe me I am a baby and if there where another way for me I would not have had the surgery. But I am glad to date that I did have it.

Ive had mine for about 2 months now. I LOVE IT! I have had one fill and have great retriction. I have 5cc in my band and it seems to be just right for me right now.

I know I am still a newbie, but I would not change the decision I've made to get the band in a million years.

By the way, I am self pay ($17,500), and it was worth it.

P.S. I have 5cc's in a 14 cc band.