Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This was cool for me. This surgery for me, wasnt just about losing the weight, but also about getting the body i always wanted. Im far from being there but im really starting to see results. I finally have shoulders and arms! I started crossfit 10 days after surgery. Mixed with running this is what ive stuck to and the results are really starting to show. Im 222 now but im also building muscle and still cutting the weight. I always do monthly progress pics and i decided to flex a little. I was shocked myself. I even had the two top abs. I couldnt believe it. I always wanted definition and its really starting to show, Im glad i could do this, while still cutting the weight. Cant wait to see what i look like at 199.

IMG_3080.JPG

Nice guns!! Go to the search function and look up @JerseyJules and @BigViffer posts... They both rocked their surgeries and fitness.

Welcome to the Gun Show!! Seriously, they look great. Your hard work is paying off!

Looking at your stats, we aren't too dissimilar. You had a higher start weight than I, but our height and goal weight are damn close. I eventually got down to 198 before I started heavy lifting. Well, as heavy as this broken down body will allow.

My original goal weight was 220, the weight when i met my wife. I blew past it no problem! The hard part came (and it always does) is the rebound weight and also the muscle mass weight gain. You might be conflicted when the scale goes back up. It is very important to have a good relationship with your surgeon or qualified dietitian that you feel you can trust. I don't say nutritionist because they are nothing more than smoothie recipe repositories in my experience.

I have held steady at a 225 lb weight for 3 years. I have seen it fluctuate as much as 5 lbs depending on how bad I was over a weekend. Bad in my case turns out to be eating ham. Not lunchmeat ham, traditional easter/christmas bone in hams. I swell up so bad the skin splits around my fingernails! I only bring this up because while I weigh in every day at the gym (Monday thru Friday), but I only worry about my monthly average. I keep a log of my lifts, my eating, BM's, and weigh. I can usually deduce if I am gaining weight from over eating, Water retention, or Constipation.

Didn't mean to be so long winded. I haven't really talked that much on here in a long while. Keep doing whatever you are doing now if it makes you happy and fuels your passion for exercise. Enjoy the honeymoon phase and do as much as possible to cement the routine in your mind. You look great, best of luck to you!

*edit*

Forgot to mention - this past Christmas break, I weighed in at 232 and almost shat myself right there. Upped my water intake to flush out the ham's sodium and I was back to 227 by weeks end. So don't freak out if the scale moves the other way once in a while. Just take the steps you know you need to.

Edited by BigViffer

Thanks for the advice! Yeah I have 215 as my goal but my ultimate goal is to see 199 and then build back up to 215. I was 221 this morning. Im gonna keep doing the CrossFit and see where that takes me. I use to lift heavy in high school, its a lot, and I know how much food I have to take in for that. Not sure I want to go down that road again. I still have some strength tho. I dead lifted 405 for 2 the other day. As long as I can still do that im happy. LOL. Im also training for a half marathon in September and full next January. I hope that keeps my eye on the prize.

On 1/16/2020 at 3:15 PM, JAKE H said:

IMG_3080.JPG

HO. LEE. SH*T.

Jake, you look effing HOT.

P.S. Sorry for objectifying you.

P.P.S. @BigViffer, what can be seen in your profile pic is pretty HOT too, LOL.

Thank you!!! Don’t be sorry. I’m not offended lol. It’s still weird hearing that. I still don’t think it lol. I guess that’s all part of the process tho

405 deadlift is a pipe dream for me. Between the arthritis and nerve damage from a car accident I just cannot exert the necessary force to deadlift more than 260. I'm not complaining at all though, prior to my gastric surgery I was not supposed to lift anything heavier than a milk jug!

Treasure these days of a young body that still works as it should!

Phenomenal Jake! I was looking for a NSV thread to share mine as well.

Big NSV for me today. We have an electric scooter in the office for our starbucks runs and when we got it a little over a year ago I thought I would never be able to ride it because of the weight limit. Today much to my surprise when getting on the scale I was finally down to scooter weight!

47 minutes ago, Brent701 said:

Phenomenal Jake! I was looking for a NSV thread to share mine as well.

Big NSV for me today. We have an electric scooter in the office for our starbucks runs and when we got it a little over a year ago I thought I would never be able to ride it because of the weight limit. Today much to my surprise when getting on the scale I was finally down to scooter weight!

You have a SCOOTER. FOR. STARBUCKS. RUNS.

Jeez. I'm lucky if I can find cups at the keurig machine at client sites.

Just now, ms.sss said:

You have a SCOOTER. FOR. STARBUCKS. RUNS.

Jeez. I'm lucky if I can find cups at the keurig machine at client sites.

😂 lmaoooo the struggle is real

It’s a mile away and there is no parking. In the summer it makes for a nice walk but can be difficult to get away for that long. Pics in case you think I’m kidding.

EC773D4F-9C45-4BBC-A476-264F08F7F1CD.jpeg

i wanna see the guys whos bringing back coffee for the whole office on that thing.

Lots of spills and a couple wipe outs so far. Logistics are not my department.