Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 01/24/2020 at 17:27, Julie norton said:

There are many of us quieter banders who just keep going.

I had my lap band in 2006. Still happy still continue to work my healthy habits.

Not easy some days!! Mostly just habits after 13+ years.

High school weight feels right for me right now.

I’m hopeful to not lose my band... it happens

Hi Julie!

I haven’t logged in in over a year. So glad to see you posting here. I am coming up on six years with a successful band next month. Still 187 pounds and grateful that it has been stable. I’d love to take more weight off, so I’ve recently adjusted my d iet to eliminate the huge salads I was eating and eat more solid p rotein. Last time I was here there was a Banders 7 thread. Is there a newer thread with any old timers?

Just a note to the person who asked about which foods I have trouble with banded.

I get stuck on pork (?), raw carrots (always) and soft b read if don’t go slowly and take small bites. Toast, no problem.

On 2/22/2020 at 9:44 AM, JustWatchMe said:

Just a note to the person who asked about which foods I have trouble with banded.

I get stuck on pork (?), raw carrots (always) and soft b read if don’t go slowly and take small bites. Toast, no problem.

With my band, the list of what I COULD eat was waaaay shorter than what I couldn't! Any at any given moment things I could tolerate before suddenly plugged me. I always said it was a matter of how that first bite landed against the band, and you could never predict that.

Haven’t been on in forever. Nice to see some bandsters still out there. I’ve had mine for almost 12 years. No major problems but keep it a little looser to avoid reflux. With that being said, I’ve also gotten looser with my food and I’ve gained about 50 lbs. ready to refocus and commit again.