Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im not losing weight

Hi ,

Im 15 days post op and i lost about 14 kg in first 13 days , but about last 2 or 3 days i didnt lose even 0.1 kg and im worried if its going like this .

Could stomach strech in these first days ?

im all the time worried about the surgery complications such as obstruction and leakage .

I went to my psychologist and she saied you have obssesive thoughts .

Sent from my SM-G955F using BariatricPal mobile app

do a search on the "three week stall". You'll find hundreds of posts on this. Happens to almost everyone. Just stick to your plan and stay off the scale if you have to. The stall should break in a week or two. I had mine during weeks 2 & 3. Once my weight loss started up again during week 4, I dropped like 6-8 lbs within a couple of days.

Get off the dang Scale! You keep that up and you will end up in a rubber room with a jacket that buckles from the back - You are focusing on getting healthy - The weight loss will come - weigh in every 10 days that way Water weight changes will be not driving you nutz every day

Should be on liquids still so shouldn't be getting full

Should be on liquids still so shouldn't be getting full

Some of our drs release us to soft food after 2 weeks. This is more than likely a typical stall at this stage.

Well I've done my own plan been on shakes for long term and it's giving me great results so I'm happy.

I was never in a hurry to advance thru the stages when I didn't need to..

13 hours ago, AJ Tylo said:

Get off the dang Scale! You keep that up and you will end up in a rubber room with a jacket that buckles from the back - You are focusing on getting healthy - The weight loss will come - weigh in every 10 days that way Water weight changes will be not driving you nutz every day

Thank you for the scolding, because I need to hear this as well. I'm pre-op and obsessing about losing these last 10 pounds before my last appointment with the surgeon on the 17th before surgery on the 31st. My inner enemy whispers in my ears, "your surgery will be cancelled because you have failed!" That scale sees me everytime I go to the bathroom to pee, wash my hands, brush my teeth, if I walk by, just because I can't stop thinking about it.... I just had a confession, but damn this has been crazy, I've emailed the surgeon and the Bariatric Dr. I'm so ready to get these extra 10 pounds off and get some rest, I'm going crazy. I didn't mean to hijack the thread, I'm sorry and emotional.

3 hours ago, Superman84 said:

Well I've done my own plan been on shakes for long term and it's giving me great results so I'm happy.

I was never in a hurry to advance thru the stages when I didn't need to..

Doctors advance you at their rate because it keeps the motility of your digestive system intact. Ask your surgeon if he wants you to stay on liquids longer than prescribed without good cause (complication) and the answer may surprise you...