Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

Can we talk about burping? 4 days post op sleeve here and I burp LITERALLY every time I sip something!! Anyone else? Will it ever end????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, niffer said:

Can we talk about burping? 4 days post op sleeve here and I burp LITERALLY every time I sip something!! Anyone else? Will it ever end????

Same, I think it’ll subside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They told me they were giving me Valium prior to surgery. I don’t even remember going to surgery. I just remember waking up. I’m not happy that they did that. I didn’t get to speak to the surgeon or anesthesiologists before the surgery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, the burping eases up a lot. Once you start adding in soft foods in a couple weeks, be prepared for some gas on the other end. 😂😬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 days since surgery and still not moving my bowels any suggestions? I think I have tried everything OTC and prescription but maybe there is something I missed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ttrout870 said:

12 days since surgery and still not moving my bowels any suggestions? I think I have tried everything OTC and prescription but maybe there is something I missed.

I haven't gone as long as you but I'm on my way so I'm wondering the same thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh the anxiety is getting real! Day ten of liquid post op diet and so grouchy and freaking out. We are driving over to our Airbnb by the hospital tonight after work (live two hours away) and I am so, so anxious. Surgery check in at 5:00 am and scheduled for 7:00 am tomorrow! 😬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, MorganF said:

Ugh the anxiety is getting real! Day ten of liquid post op diet and so grouchy and freaking out. We are driving over to our Airbnb by the hospital tonight after work (live two hours away) and I am so, so anxious. Surgery check in at 5:00 am and scheduled for 7:00 am tomorrow! 😬

Hey! I'm tomorrow too. Check in at 8am. Sorry about the liquid pre op. I only have to do liquids today. Yay me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Puffy-no-more said:

I haven't gone as long as you but I'm on my way so I'm wondering the same thing.

I'm feeling terrible for you guys. Is it typical to go that long without any "motion"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MorganF said:

Ugh the anxiety is getting real! Day ten of liquid post op diet and so grouchy and freaking out. We are driving over to our Airbnb by the hospital tonight after work (live two hours away) and I am so, so anxious. Surgery check in at 5:00 am and scheduled for 7:00 am tomorrow! 😬

Morgan, 10 days! Well done. I cant imagine making it through that. Wishing you all the best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surgery tomorrow. Just liquids today. I had headaches and nausea every day on the pre-op diet.
I just want to wake up and be okay and not in a ton of pain.

So scared. So ready. Starting to crash at work on just fluids so I am working through lunch and going home early.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, smund said:

Surgery tomorrow. Just liquids today. I had headaches and nausea every day on the pre-op diet.
I just want to wake up and be okay and not in a ton of pain.

So scared. So ready. Starting to crash at work on just fluids so I am working through lunch and going home early.

Hang in there. I've had a sleeve and a revision to RNY and both times pain control was very effective. I wouldn't worry about the pain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, GotItDoneInHarlem said:

Hang in there. I've had a sleeve and a revision to RNY and both times pain control was very effective. I wouldn't worry about the pain.

Crying grateful tears. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×