Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Dates

Thanks!

I should know next week what my exact date is. I sitll hope for the 2nd as my husband is off work that week, and we can send the kids to my Mom's house for a few days.

I am excited to get going!!

So is anyone here traveling out of state to their surgeon?? Or is everyone staying local?

I am local....only about a half hour my house.

I give a lot of credit for anyone doing this out of state or out of the country- an extra level of planning!!

Local, well, as local as one can say NYC is. I live in Brooklyn, surgery in Manhattan. Depending on traffic, can take anywhere from 20 minutes to 2 hours to get there. ITs a 20 minute walk from my office, or 45 minute cross town bus.

I'm local. Although it JUST occured to me that I've always gotten to and from the office by subway. It's going to be so weird taking a cab home from the hospital after surgery. I'm new to this big city life without a car. lol. Funny, how I forget to take these little things into consideration.

Chrisann -- Hope you are feeling better! How'd day one of the pre-op diet go?

Jan 1- HAPPY NEW YEARS! Starting the year off right!

Jan 2

Jan 3-WOWOX7

Jan 4- KUgirl

Jan 5

Jan 6

Jan 7- CallmeJim, comepickmeup, Shell

Jan 8

Jan 9 – Redtulips3, FLMan

Jan 10- luvsrocks, Hilary

Jan 11

Jan 12

Jan 13

Jan 14- CoreynVA, acalpn

Jan 15

Jan 16

Jan 17

Jan 18- RuthE?

Jan 19

Jan 20

Jan 21- Chrisann

Jan 22

Jan 23- min

Jan 24

Jan 25

Jan 26

Jan 27

Jan 28

Jan 29

Jan 30

Jan 31

This is such a nice site. I'm very excited, I just received my insurance approval today. I have a tentative surgery date of January 7. I've been dealing with my insurance company since April 07. I was denied once, but made it through the appeal process with flying colors!!!!:)

Here are the dates that people have posted thus far.

Copy and paste the MOST RECENT post, and add your name to the surgery date list!

If a mistake was made or your date changed, please correct it!

Dec 31- Chrisann (honorary member of the Jan 08 bandsters)

Jan 1- HAPPY NEW YEARS! Starting the year off right!

Jan 2- phowell, Megmarie21

Jan 3-WOWOX7, Woodsy

Jan 4- KUgirl

Jan 5

Jan 6

Jan 7- CallmeJim, comepickmeup, NukeChik, mamato3, kintime, Shell

Jan 8

Jan 9 – Redtulips3, FLMan

Jan 10- luvsrocks, Hilary, Jen25bl, jtag10_4

Jan 11- brez1015

Jan 12

Jan 13

Jan 14- CoreynVA, acalpn

Jan 15

Jan 16 Kathy-CA

Jan 17- SJK, Alfie, L.A., lwood

Jan 18- RuthE?

Jan 19

Jan 20

Jan 21-

Jan 22

Jan 23- min

Jan 24

Jan 25

Jan 26

Jan 27

Jan 28-

Jan 29

Jan 30 - Stephanie/PortuguesePrincess, Amberwaves/Amber

Jan 31

Seems like Jan 7 is a busy busy day!

First day fo pre-opt liquid was crummy in the morning, but probably because I hadn't eaten anything all weekend cause I was sick. Had two Slimfast shakes between 9-12 and 2 cups of tea. By 3pm someone suggested a smoothie from smoothie King, 300 Calories, 0g fat, 45g Protein, but 31g carbs. I emailed the nutritionist about it, but haven't received a response.

Wasn't hungry after that until 9:30pm, and had 1 cup beef broth and 2 cups green Beans.

Total for the day: 770 calories, 21g fat, 65g Protein.

Have to do: 1000 calories, 35g fat, minimum 55g protein.

Congrats on making it through your first day of the pre-op liquid diet Chrisann! All I can say is, Thank goodness I don't have any type of pre-op diet

Day three was a little harder, but my own fault. Had pre surgical testing at the hospital at 10, so had a slimfast at 8:30am. Got out of the hospital around noon, so got the smoothie I spoke above about. Ate a few pieces of lettuce and two mushrooms in the afternoon and a 10 cal no fat Jello cup.

Instead of taking a slimfast with me, I went to the lap band support meeting with nothing that started at 6. Didn't get home until 9. So, ate 3 pieces of cheese and 8 triscuits and beef broth with mixed veggies because I didn't stop at the store to get other ones. I didn't want to make a shake.

So, I think I am at about 36g fat, and 800 calories, 60 Proteins, so I am where I am supposed to be, but I am so upset with myself I had the cheese and crackers. I should have thrown them out, but still can't bring myself to do it. Luckily there is only a bit of cheese left.

Oh and 12 days to go........:faint::help: