Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I feel discouraged.

At 7 weeks I was eating around 700 calories a day. Are you keeping track on an app ? What is your Protein intake versus carbs ?

10 hours ago, Serengirl said:

FluffyChick what did your menu typically look like back then when you were doing 400-500 cals a day and yet getting in so much Protein. you mentioned it was your super power. I have no idea how to get in that much Protein a day for so few calories without shakes. Would you mind sharing a typical menu?

Here are 3 days of food around that time. I picked out existing food to estimate a dish close to what I had, when the actual meal wasn't available online. We have a local BBQ joint who only uses garlic/salt/pepper on their meat. And their smoked turkey is so moist and tender, it was easy to get down in the early days. Also, they had slow cooked homemade green Beans which were easy to digest, so I ate that at a lot of meals. I concentrated on super high protein lean calorie proteins:

lean white fist (pangasius/basa, tuna, cod, tilapia, haddock)

turkey breast and ground extra lean turkey

grilled chicken breast ground chicken breast

ground beef extra lean

pork loin

2% cottage cheese

fat free Greek yogurt

fat free FairLife Milk

unsweetened cashew milk

carton egg whites

2% Deli Deluxe Cheese

2% grated cheese

Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese

Light Cheese Sticks

PB2 - defatted Peanut Butter powder

Isopure unflavored Protein Powder to boost protein in anything

Premier Protein drinks mixed in decaff coffee and decaff tea

March 8, 2018

image.thumb.png.04257dddbae3cc1686e3c59220f12f92.png

March 12, 2018

image.thumb.png.c8fbb4d6b8602d2525c846761e05f6ef.png

March 14, 2018

image.thumb.png.01c28d4675c9958e34164294f8aa567a.png

image.png.404f2a06d6ef541fed31245feb02b68c.png

On 10/15/2019 at 7:10 AM, FluffyChix said:

Here are 3 days of food around that time. I picked out existing food to estimate a dish close to what I had, when the actual meal wasn't available online. We have a local BBQ joint who only uses garlic/salt/pepper on their meat. And their smoked turkey is so moist and tender, it was easy to get down in the early days. Also, they had slow cooked homemade green Beans which were easy to digest, so I ate that at a lot of meals. I concentrated on super high Protein lean calorie proteins:

lean white fist (pangasius/basa, tuna, cod, tilapia, haddock)

turkey breast and ground extra lean turkey

grilled chicken breast ground chicken breast

ground beef extra lean

pork loin

2% cottage cheese

fat free Greek yogurt

fat free FairLife Milk

unsweetened cashew milk

carton egg whites

2% Deli Deluxe cheese

2% grated cheese

Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese

Light Cheese Sticks

PB2 - defatted Peanut Butter powder

Isopure unflavored Protein Powder to boost protein in anything

Premier Protein drinks mixed in decaff coffee and decaff tea

March 8, 2018

image.thumb.png.04257dddbae3cc1686e3c59220f12f92.png

March 12, 2018

image.thumb.png.c8fbb4d6b8602d2525c846761e05f6ef.png

March 14, 2018

image.thumb.png.01c28d4675c9958e34164294f8aa567a.png

image.png.404f2a06d6ef541fed31245feb02b68c.png

This is awesome thank you so much!!!! So it looks like you wouldn't do full shakes you would do partial ones? Also do you use a food scale?

21 minutes ago, Serengirl said:

This is awesome thank you so much!!!! So it looks like you wouldn't do full shakes you would do partial ones? Also do you use a food scale?

Yes, indeedy, mam! :)

I use a scale set to grams. Then I place(d) my measuring cup on it and tare it. I use the appropriate cup for my stage. At your stage I think I was at 1/4-1/2 cup by volume. And I start weighing things into the measuring cup. When it's full, that's it. That's all I get.

1oz of lean, dense Protein like ground turkey, diced chicken, beef, or pork occupies 1/4 cup or close to it. So in the early days, you may only be able to handle protein at each meal. You may be eating every 2 hours even.

I was able to do protein and was "lucky" in that, I could handle a 1/2oz avocado and 1/2 grape tomatoes as slider food at the end. I still lost with it and it allowed me more meal satisfaction.

yeah I'm an occasional pescatarian and im having hard time even handling that- i dont eat meat at all - so im stuck with dairy protein...and shakes.I appreciate your feedback so much btw- its super helpful.

On 10/12/2019 at 10:31 PM, hazel_ize said:

I had vsg on aug 26.... at 4 weeks post op I gained 3 lbs and stalled for 7 days.....then I dropped weight daily for 4 days.....I will be entering week 7 post op on monday and the last 3 days I have gained a lb a day!!! And stuck here again. I knew there would be stalls but damn! My total loss since surgery is 27 lbs. I should be happy but I feel like it's not good enough.

My nutritionist wants me to eat 1200 calories a day...I think that's crazy... too much.... I want to lose weight emoji26.pngemoji29.pngI hear other people saying they eat 500 calories a day.... I'm around 700 to 900.... do you think that's too high..... I feel like I'm starting to lose motivation.....

I am also hypothyroid, and wonder if this is making it harder for me to lose weight..... anyone here hypothyroid? What's your experience been like?

Anyone here around 7 weeks post op? What's your results so far, and what amount of calories to you take in daily?

Sent from my SM-G965W using BariatricPal mobile app

Here's the calorie recommendation chart from my bariatric patient guide:

calorie recommendations for bariatric diet phases.jpg

Edited by PollyEster

I am 8 weeks post op and suffer from hypothyroidism. Since my surgery on 8/21 I have lost 44 pounds. However, the scale likes to torment me too.
I try to keep myself balanced by realizing that prior to my surgery, it took me two years to lose 35 pounds. Whereas I have lost 44 pounds since the surgery. I think that because my body is burning fat at a higher rate, it has to take a break every few days and I force myself not to overreact. A few days later another pound or so will come off. My Fitbit log helps keep me from going off the deep end because it shows me the ups and downs I have been desalting with over the past two years.
As long as I work hard at eating healthy and exercising faithfully, I have to believe that I will achieve my goals.
So, my advice is to have faith in yourself. You’ve got this.