Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-op Not Dating until Post

Anyone else hold off dating until after surgery? I have decided to wait 6 mos. post to start again. I just feel like I need to focus on my weight loss. It is hard because for some reason I keep getting asked out. Where were they before I decided to do this! J/K I am grateful.

Me too! I'm planning on waiting 6 months. I just want to be really comfortable with what and how much I can eat/drink before going out with someone new. I would be mortified if I all of a sudden needed a bathroom on date!

Yeah definitely going to take all the time I need to sort myself out

I am finding this to be challenging, I feel ready so I am going to start. My post is null and void lol

LOL! I have been lurking around Match.com for a couple days. I just want to go have some fun with another adult. I may end up dating earlier than anticipated too.

On 1/2/2020 at 1:49 PM, MJinNorCal said:

LOL! I have been lurking around Match.com for a couple days. I just want to go have some fun with another adult. I may end up dating earlier than anticipated too.

Yep. I already have a coffee/tea date line up lol Someone from match as well.

Edited by Chardonnay40

On 09/25/2019 at 18:50, MJinNorCal said:

Me too! I'm planning on waiting 6 months. I just want to be really comfortable with what and how much I can eat/drink before going out with someone new. I would be mortified if I all of a sudden needed a bathroom on date!

I’m going the same route. I want to feel comfortable with myself before I bring someone else into my life

I've been divorced 5 years, still looking for love. I'm pre-op. I have super high standards. I want anyone who I have a relationship to love me, not just my hot body. LOL I've gone on quite a few first dates but only a couple second dates and even fewer thirds. Looks like I have to kiss a lot of frogs before I find the one!

I am to! I am having surgery on 9/4/20 and I think I will wait until I can eat solid foods and have a hang on my diet and exercise routine to put myself back out there. Not because I’m afraid but because I want my focus to stay on myself during this time .

Agreed! I want to wait until I feel more comfortable with my body, my routine, what I can eat before I try and add someone to the mix! I went out with my daughter and had half the inside of one taco... I can't imagine explaining that to someone on a first date!!

Yep. I already have a coffee/tea date line up lol Someone from match as well.
This is happening to me aswell. I have to keep postponing meet ups , etc. I just feel like 6months from now i will be in a better shape mentally, physically and emotionally. How do u reject the guys with out being rude?

Sent from my SM-N970U using BariatricPal mobile app

It’s so hard because if you meet someone pre-op who adores you the way you are (whether it’s just their preference or they have a bbw fetish) things are bound to change post op, not only with your relationship dynamics but with you personally. I broke up with my last bf a year ago and I really want to focus on getting in a good place post op where I feel ready. It sucks though, when it’s natural I think to crave affection.