Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-op Not Dating until Post

Anyone else hold off dating until after surgery? I have decided to wait 6 mos. post to start again. I just feel like I need to focus on my weight loss. It is hard because for some reason I keep getting asked out. Where were they before I decided to do this! J/K I am grateful.

Me too! I'm planning on waiting 6 months. I just want to be really comfortable with what and how much I can eat/drink before going out with someone new. I would be mortified if I all of a sudden needed a bathroom on date!

Yeah definitely going to take all the time I need to sort myself out

I am finding this to be challenging, I feel ready so I am going to start. My post is null and void lol

LOL! I have been lurking around Match.com for a couple days. I just want to go have some fun with another adult. I may end up dating earlier than anticipated too.

Posted (edited)

On 1/2/2020 at 1:49 PM, MJinNorCal said:

LOL! I have been lurking around Match.com for a couple days. I just want to go have some fun with another adult. I may end up dating earlier than anticipated too.

Yep. I already have a coffee/tea date line up lol Someone from match as well.

Edited by Chardonnay40

On 09/25/2019 at 18:50, MJinNorCal said:

Me too! I'm planning on waiting 6 months. I just want to be really comfortable with what and how much I can eat/drink before going out with someone new. I would be mortified if I all of a sudden needed a bathroom on date!

I’m going the same route. I want to feel comfortable with myself before I bring someone else into my life