Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October sleevers?????

2 hours ago, Linda72 said:

One of the things I find so amazing on this site is how each surgeon has a different protocol. I know each patient is different eg: age, height, weight etc... but there are so many different versions lol. Are you doing well with getting down your liquids? I was told that can be the hardest. My doctor wants me to get down 64oz a day by constantly taking small sips. I was told dehydration is a huge concern with this surgery.

Yes, the liquid part is hard......easier to get my Protein than my liquid....slowly getting there...about 50 oz a day need to step it up a bit....

14 minutes ago, Panda333 said:

Yes, the liquid part is hard......easier to get my Protein than my liquid....slowly getting there...about 50 oz a day need to step it up a bit....

Oh that's good progress. You got this keep going. I can't wait to join you 😁

October 28th date for sleeve

October 28th Gastric Bypass,........ soooo nervous 🤦🏻‍♀️

1 minute ago, Syrus said:

October 28th Gastric Bypass,........ soooo nervous 🤦🏻‍♀️

Congratulations. You've made a great choice to improve your health as we all did. Everyone on here is nervous to some degree. Everything is going to be fine. 🙏🏻

You’ve got this! I had my gastric bypass on Friday morning and was feeling good enough to be released on Saturday early afternoon. Some pain but it’s manageable and I am able to get my Fluid and Protein goals met with no problems. 😊

9 minutes ago, Linda13108 said:

You’ve got this! I had my gastric bypass on Friday morning and was feeling good enough to be released on Saturday early afternoon. Some pain but it’s manageable and I am able to get my Fluid and Protein goals met with no problems. 😊

Wow I'm so happy for you. I go for my surgery next Monday. I have 2 weeks of only fluids after surgery no Protein Shakes. Only Water, broth or Jello. This preop is harder since my stomach now can hold obviously a lot more then it will postop. I'm not going to lie I'm hungry im just trying to stay busy and not think about it....

1 hour ago, Linda72 said:

Congratulations. You've made a great choice to improve your health as we all did. Everyone on here is nervous to some degree. Everything is going to be fine. 🙏🏻

1 hour ago, Linda72 said:

Thanks for ur kind words means a lot to me since I really don’t hav any support on my wls. I’m just so terrifíes of going under anesthesia,I worry about everything being ok, just so overwhelmed...

25 minutes ago, Syrus said:

Thanks for ur kind words means a lot to me since I really don’t hav any support on my wls. I’m just so terrifíes of going under anesthesia,I worry about everything being ok, just so overwhelmed...

Awww anytime please don't hesitate to reach out. As someone whose been under anesthesia more times then I would like to remember no worries. I always say it's the best sleep I've ever had. Lol. Everything is going to be ok. Try to concentrate on all of the positive things. At the end of the day all of what you are going through now will make you a better you. Like I said earlier reach out anytime everyone needs support.😁

5 hours ago, Linda72 said:

Awww anytime please don't hesitate to reach out. As someone whose been under anesthesia more times then I would like to remember no worries. I always say it's the best sleep I've ever had. Lol. Everything is going to be ok. Try to concentrate on all of the positive things. At the end of the day all of what you are going through now will make you a better you. Like I said earlier reach out anytime everyone needs support.😁

Means sooo much, I guess it’s the lack of support that makes it a bit more difficult also I hav rapid heart beats for no specific reason and although I was cleared by a cardiologist I’m still afraid.My surgeon says he goes by my cardiologist clearance, I thank u very much for ur kind words n support 😌🙏🏼

32 minutes ago, Syrus said:

Means sooo much, I guess it’s the lack of support that makes it a bit more difficult also I hav rapid heart beats for no specific reason and although I was cleared by a cardiologist I’m still afraid.My surgeon says he goes by my cardiologist clearance, I thank u very much for ur kind words n support 😌🙏🏼

If your cardiologist cleared you I'm sure you're fine. Remember focus on the positive only.....