Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October sleevers?????

On 10/2/2019 at 8:53 AM, Panda333 said:

10\1 HERE. HAD SURGERY YESTERDAY....EXCITED FOR EVERYONE HERE. GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!

Still in hospital, home to get released today!

This is the best possible news and I'm so happy and excited for you! We have similar stats and I can't wait for your updates to see what you achieve. Go, go, go Panda333!

6 minutes ago, Maidenhail said:

Surgery October 14th 😀😱

Yay we twinning. Lol. How's your preop diet going?

I’m having a bit of a sense of humour failure!! I’m on skimmed milk, yogurt and one (chicken or fish) plus leafy veg or salad meal a day.

How are you doing?! I’m getting nervous- still have a week at work - my brain is doing “this time next week.....” stuff!

I’m travelling to Turkey with my mum for this from UK as am paying for the surgery.

Are you nervous?

10 minutes ago, Maidenhail said:

I’m having a bit of a sense of humour failure!! I’m on skimmed milk, yogurt and one (chicken or fish) plus leafy veg or salad meal a day.

How are you doing?! I’m getting nervous- still have a week at work - my brain is doing “this time next week.....” stuff!

I’m travelling to Turkey with my mum for this from UK as am paying for the surgery.

Are you nervous?

I'm on 2 Protein Shakes a day and a smart ones frozen dinner. Today is day 3 and things seem to be getting better. I'm not as hungry as I felt on day 1. I can snack on celery as well the crunchiness seems to help. When I get hungry I just redirect to something else.

I'm not really nervous. I'm actually more excited to put the surgery behind me. I started this in January so it's been quite the journey. My insurance had all of these requirements and basically made me jump through hoops to give me approval. I was approved in August thank goodness.

I'm sure I will be nervous day of surgery but as of now just trying to get through this. I can't even imagine having 2 weeks post OP liquids ONLY...😭😭😭😭lol

Wow your traveling for surgery. How long will you stay in Turkey for recovery? Will that time be in the hospital?

We are flying out on Sunday 13th , all being well we will fly back on 17th. Will stay the whole time in hospital there.

Im quite excited too- also can’t imagine the two weeks on liquids!

So excited for all of us October siblings!!! It's really much easier than I thought it would be..... I have a 1 week post op liquid diet i'm on still on day 5. It's not that bad because I'm not that hungry. The hard part is getting all the pills down. have to wait about 5 minutes between each pill or my "pouch" hurts. Just follow everything your doctors say and you will be fine!! I also had my incisions. 4 of them are horizontal with my belly button, exactly where I "bend" gahhhh.

Next week I can go to purreed if I want or stay on liquids, the doctors say my choice. Can't lie, dying to make Shelly's ricotta bake and also try that Mediterranean chicken patties from Aldis everyone is talking about (will puree)

8 minutes ago, Maidenhail said:

We are flying out on Sunday 13th , all being well we will fly back on 17th. Will stay the whole time in hospital there.

You are gonna rock this!!

13 minutes ago, Maidenhail said:

Oh ok. I live in NYC and I'm having the surgery here. I was told I should go home the next day at most 2 day stay. 🤞🏼

11 minutes ago, Panda333 said:

So excited for all of us October siblings!!! It's really much easier than I thought it would be..... I have a 1 week post op liquid diet i'm on still on day 5. It's not that bad because I'm not that hungry. The hard part is getting all the pills down. have to wait about 5 minutes between each pill or my "pouch" hurts. Just follow everything your doctors say and you will be fine!! I also had my incisions. 4 of them are horizontal with my belly button, exactly where I "bend" gahhhh.

Next week I can go to purreed if I want or stay on liquids, the doctors say my choice. Can't lie, dying to make Shelly's ricotta bake and also try that Mediterranean  chicken patties from Aldis everyone is talking about (will puree)

I was thinking the postop will be easier because smaller stomach and probably not as hungry. Plus the fact of just having surgery who's thinking about eating when they are in pain. What pills are you taking? They told me I would be sent home with pain meds, nausea meds & injections to prevent blood clots. I was told my Vitamins would not start until 1 month post OP.

Those 2 foods look delicious. I may have to try them myself. Lol. 😁

13 minutes ago, Linda72 said:

I was thinking the postop will be easier because smaller stomach and probably not as hungry. Plus the fact of just having surgery who's thinking about eating when they are in pain. What pills are you taking? They told me I would be sent home with pain meds, nausea meds & injections to prevent blood clots. I was told my Vitamins would not start until 1 month post OP.

Those 2 foods look delicious. I may have to try them myself. Lol. 😁

@Linda72So every morning and every evening

One chewable Celebrate Vitamin

One Chewable calcium citrate

Two tylenols (500 mg each)

One Ursodial

One Colace

One Pantoprazole

Optional - One zofran (i stopped this as i'm not naving nausea)

once pain is gone I can stop tylenol...but Pantoprazole and Ursodiol will be for 60 days.

They also said after 30 days I can go to tablets for Vitamins instead of chewable but I sort of like the taste, it's a sweet treat if that makes any sense....

Edited by Panda333

9 minutes ago, Panda333 said:

@Linda72So every morning and every evening

One chewable Celebrate Vitamin

One chewable calcium citrate

Two tylenols (500 mg each)

One Ursodial

One Colace

One Pantoprazole

Optional - One zofran (i stopped this as i'm not naving nausea)

once pain is gone I can stop tylenol...but Pantoprazole and Ursodiol will be for 60 days.

They also said after 30 days I can go to tablets for Vitamins instead of chewable but I sort of like the taste, it's a sweet treat if that makes any sense....

One of the things I find so amazing on this site is how each surgeon has a different protocol. I know each patient is different eg: age, height, weight etc... but there are so many different versions lol. Are you doing well with getting down your liquids? I was told that can be the hardest. My doctor wants me to get down 64oz a day by constantly taking small sips. I was told dehydration is a huge concern with this surgery.

Getting mine Oct 23

I'm scheduled for 10/23