Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October sleevers?????

16 minutes ago, MariahS0105 said:

i had surgery on october 3rd. i go for my 2 week post op apmt on wednesday. so i’m not sure how much weight i’ve lost but i was on an all liquid diet 2 weeks before surgery and then after surgery was 1oz of purée every 2.5-3hs and as of yesterday i upgraded to 2oz 4-6 times a day. it’s been pretty rough so far but it’ll all be worth it!

Yes it will all be worth it in the end. Keep going. Good luck 😊

16 minutes ago, Leslie G said:

Help! 5 days in on pre-op diet and I want solid dood more than anything. It’s getting harder instead of easier

Hang in there is does get easier. Today was my last day. My surgery is tomorrow. It was terrible for me the first week. Whenever I thought about food I redirected my thoughts and did something to keep myself busy. It goes fast 2 weeks will be over before you know it. Good luck 😊

37 minutes ago, Leslie G said:

Help! 5 days in on pre-op diet and I want solid dood more than anything. It’s getting harder instead of easier

Leslie, I was telling my husband last night there is no way I could have done a pre op liquid diet (my Dr didn't require one), but post sleeve, it's been relatively easy. Hang in there, it's worth it, I'm 6 days post sleeve and don't feel like I want to eat at all.

I'm 6 days post op now, and I feel like things are going great. I've lost 5.3kg (11.5 pounds) since the day of my operation, which seems incredible. More importantly, I'm waking up without the aches and pains I used to have. My legs and ankles are less sore. My fingers and wrists look thinner! I'm having no issue drinking all my Water, I have a Protein Shake for Breakfast, then Soup, tea and lots of water during the day. I still have my dressings covering my steristrips, I'm supposed to take them off today but when I tried it started to pull the steristrips off too and it hurt. So I'm leaving it a few more days. The one I did manage to get off was the drain incision, which looks to be healing nicely. I have my post op appointment with my surgeon on Thursday so I'll see what he says about it. Goodluck to all those with ops coming up soon!

8 minutes ago, Daisyjayne said:

I'm 6 days post op now, and I feel like things are going great. I've lost 5.3kg (11.5 pounds) since the day of my operation, which seems incredible. More importantly, I'm waking up without the aches and pains I used to have. My legs and ankles are less sore. My fingers and wrists look thinner! I'm having no issue drinking all my Water, I have a Protein Shake for Breakfast, then Soup, tea and lots of Water during the day. I still have my dressings covering my steristrips, I'm supposed to take them off today but when I tried it started to pull the steristrips off too and it hurt. So I'm leaving it a few more days. The one I did manage to get off was the drain incision, which looks to be healing nicely. I have my post op appointment with my surgeon on Thursday so I'll see what he says about it. Goodluck to all those with ops coming up soon!

Congratulations. That's amazing. I can't wait to join the losing team as well. Lol. Good luck and I hope you have a speedy recovery😊

3 hours ago, Linda72 said:

Hang in there is does get easier. Today was my last day. My surgery is tomorrow. It was terrible for me the first week. Whenever I thought about food I redirected my thoughts and did something to keep myself busy. It goes fast 2 weeks will be over before you know it. Good luck 😊

Good Luck on ur surgery tomorrow!!!

Thanks everyone. I am one week into prepping diet. Lost 21 pounds so far. Tough watching others eat!

14 minutes ago, Hansel4pres said:

Thanks everyone. I am one week into prepping diet. Lost 21 pounds so far. Tough watching others eat!

Wow that's a lot of weight congratulations 😊

Had my surgery at about noon today. I had no real gas pain to speak of, but the worst headache ever. I do get Migraine and this threw me into a big one. For the dialaudid and it knocked me out. Been sleeping a lot today, but have made good laps around the hospital and I’m feeling strong. Only had one bout of nausea and it passed pretty quickly. Hoping the next few days go this smoothly!

Had my surgery at about noon today. I had no real gas pain to speak of, but the worst headache ever. I do get Migraine and this threw me into a big one. For the dialaudid and it knocked me out. Been sleeping a lot today, but have made good laps around the hospital and I’m feeling strong. Only had one bout of nausea and it passed pretty quickly. Been able to sip on Water, diet cranberry juice and ice. The sore throat from the intubation is a little rough too, but the ice chips help. Hoping the next few days go this smoothly!

1 hour ago, Ali Hersh said:

Had my surgery at about noon today. I had no real gas pain to speak of, but the worst headache ever. I do get Migraine and this threw me into a big one. For the dialaudid and it knocked me out. Been sleeping a lot today, but have made good laps around the hospital and I’m feeling strong. Only had one bout of nausea and it passed pretty quickly. Been able to sip on Water, diet cranberry juice and ice. The sore throat from the intubation is a little rough too, but the ice chips help. Hoping the next few days go this smoothly!

I had surgery @ 2:00 today. No real gas pain to speak of either as of this point thank God. I haven't had a thing to drink as of yet. I have to go to radiology in the morning and have an ultrasound before they will give me something to drink. But as of now I'm ok.

On 9/25/2019 at 5:57 PM, Fitby40icandoit said:

surgery booked 15th october...starting pre op diet on monday ...eeek so excited about my life post surgery ...

Lucky. I was just denied VSG 1 hour before final pre op by the surgeons Psychologist . Now what ? lost 50 on pre op diet. Guess it's over. Claimed I wouldn't be able to follow post op diet. :(

18 minutes ago, Billy Bob said:

Lucky. I was just denied VSG 1 hour before final pre op by the surgeons Psychologist . Now what ? lost 50 on pre op diet. Guess it's over. Claimed I wouldn't be able to follow post op diet. :(

Wow are you serious? I never heard anyone getting denied at that point. Well you have 2 choices at this point. Either appeal the decision or keep doing what you were doing and lose weight on your own. At this point the choice is yours. Good luck with whatever situation you decide 🙏🏻

I will talk to my PCP Thursday.