Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

💜AUGUST 2019 CHALLENGE💜

1 hour ago, Sosewsue61 said:

Haven't been on BP (or much social media for awhile) , so always late, terrible at committing to these, applaud @GreenTealael for all her efforts in doing them though.

Where to start....how to catch up lol

7. All my friends are 'old' cuz well I'm old. But I do keep in touch with my dearest one - in MD. (We were army wives together in Hawaii.)

Goals:

#1. I have to stop being reluctant to losing the last 30 pounds. Why is it that I am not committing?

#2. I finally, finally accepted that my sister isn't reconciling with me after 2 year estrangement, and I am okay with that. I saw her this weekend at a cousin's anniversary party, and she was so phoney nice with the hugging, and taking pictures - I wanted to puke on her. This is bio sister I was never raised with, I was adopted out, only sibling out of 6 adopted out....long story. Love her dearly.

#3. I weigh 174 -177 consistently for 10 months now. 2 yr anniversary October 24th coming up. I want to weigh 140-144. I was 169 a few times for a hot minute.

#4. Immediate plan - track 100% - I have been tracking on and off only 3 days a week average for many months now. I have tracking aversion after being a serial WW member forever. I dislike thinking about food, meal planning, food, being hypervigilent makes me crazy....seriously.

💜 WELCOME WELCOME 💜

Enjoy the month with us

1.Hoping I can get under or at least close to 200lbs this month.
2.Just over four months Post op/loosing weight from RNY that was done March 27,2019.
3.Highest weight was 330lbs day of surgery weight was 284lbs current weight fluctuates between 221-225lbs. My current BMI is 34.1-34.7.
4.Fun fact: I’m not really interesting so I don’t know what to say for this one.

1 hour ago, PudgeBeGone said:

4.Fun fact: I’m not really interesting so I don’t know what to say for this one.

Hmmmm interesting

People who think they are boring are usually low key wild...

I'm watching 😂

💜 WELCOME TO THE CHALLENGE 💜

On 8/6/2019 at 3:36 PM, Stella S said:

Cold brew is my jam!!! Stopped for a cup on the way to the doctor and drum roll please 🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️. Infection is gone🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🧡 Yeast infection gone 💚💚💚💚 wounds closing 🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄. Still can not sweat but can go in ocean and pool!!! ⁉️⁉️⁉️⁉️⁉️. No tubs, no saunas no rivers no lakes no baths no biking no exercise waist down but the ocean and pools get a green light!? Glad I trust this MD. Bet goat yoga is out too!!!!!❇️❇️❇️🤣🌟🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼☺️☺️🌼🌼🌼💛

💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃

🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔 *TMI TIME YAY* 🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔

For my revision surgery, my BF pretty much stayed with me non stop to help me recover.

Prior to that I cleaned my refrigerator thoroughly. It was completely orderly.

Because I wasn't always cooking he usually ordered out and my refrigerator was wrecked/stuff to the gills with things no one would have eaten for leftovers.

B-Side Questions: How often do you clean out your refrigerator/pantry? Anyone in particular that ruins it?

283540860_download(1).jpeg.ff81b6b969c383f7cc9e54799787f1bd.jpeg

Day 6

Warm Coffee...... truly not a coffee person but when I did drink coffee it was stuffed full of cream and sugar and coffee was for flavor. Gave it up months ago when I saw that it was sabotaging my weight loss journey. I did have a warm tea.

Cardio: Still haven't made it to the fitness center of our cruise [emoji57][emoji57][emoji57]
I did spend the day hauling my 2 year old nephew around the Water park in Atlantis resort.....that has to count for some strength training

Day 7:
Catch up with an old friend....uhmm, I honestly stay in touch with all my friends BUT my sis in law is one of my oldest friends and this trip has been one huge catching up as we live in different States.

Cardio: Re: My nephew [emoji121]️[emoji121]️because let me tell you my android watch registered my heart rate. And I ended up with 30K steps today at the private Island the cruise stops at.

Side B: I honestly don't clean my pantry or refrigerator enough!! My husband does it more than I do. So if I was to hazard a guess, I'll say quarterly???[emoji85][emoji85]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Contest. Which one is me? Should be easy....
Me and my bio sisters (our 3 brothers are all deceased). (Some of you have seen other pics of me, so don't play lol)
This was at that anniversary party, and there was ZERO healthy food, absolutely zero...stuffed italian beef pie, Pasta salad, hot dogs, chips, and cake. Who does that?
Resized952019080395153116.thumb.jpg.71da5846d7a6247ab68d50af28c0df9e.jpg
You are the one in the middle????

On 8/7/2019 at 7:12 AM, GreenTealael said:

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜995933582_30DayHappinesschallenge(1)(1)(1).thumb.jpeg.38d4ded1a8fc20e4211a38d12d8cf13f.jpeg.6bd6491c0f560a558b929cbfebf702b6.jpeg 1500673043_3072b4ffc635b245_CalendarPinterest_1_(1)(1)2.thumb.jpg.35cff0253d7d3c762ed05795293d5b8a.jpg

August 8th

Personal goal 5 pounds this challenge – scale is moving fast. I think it’s a combination of 100-degree weather and Water weight. I also started intermittent fasting

Sleeve - losing my maintaining bounce weight.

August Challenge Starting Weight 140 BMI 23

Today’s Weight 133. BMI 22.1

Eating healthy: zucchini chicken enchiladas

Low-Carb-Chicken-Zucchini-Enchilada-12.jpg

30 minutes ago, Healthy_life2 said:

August 8th

Personal goal 5 pounds this challenge – scale is moving fast. I think it’s a combination of 100-degree weather and Water weight. I also started intermittent fasting

Sleeve - losing my maintaining bounce weight.

August Challenge Starting Weight 140 BMI 23

Today’s Weight 133. BMI 22.1

Eating healthy: zucchini chicken enchiladas

Low-Carb-Chicken-Zucchini-Enchilada-12.jpg

Good Gravy... We need your food pics in the Food Before and After thread!

Lol, like the one day I don’t do something homemade and have to grab something as I’m running errands bc I’m running late for work...

image-0.00298023223876953.jpg

8. Well went to the gym. I think I probably did 18 minutes of strength training in addition to cardio. Cook a healthy meal? I think I do that nearly every day. It's all about the Protein and then the fruits and veggies.

18 hours ago, Deedee12 said:

You are the one in the middle????

Nope! I am on the far right in the coral top!!! Center is the estranged sister lol We are lt to rt, youngest to oldest.

Day 8:

cardio will be square dancing tonight from 7:30PM until whenever....

Healthy cooking - in hotel room, brought food and microwave - made pot roast...have veggies and fruit. I will send pics of my setup sometime this weekend...

B-side: - I clean fridge out about every two weeks, pantry - eh quarterly maybe. I do need to defrost the deep freezers though - eegads the ice. We are buying a quarter beef in November, I better get that done soon.

Hey everyone,

Haven't posted regularly the past few days. Had first post-op visit with Dr. I was dehydrated but was also having some pain in kidneys and lower in abdomen (not consistent with gas, Constipation, etc. - or rather I should saw, have been getting fairly regular BM's and have taken the usual Gas-Ex which solves any gas issue quickly).

Also, starting a few days ago, just drinking my Protein Shake or water...after 2 to 3 ozs, the next 'drink' makes me feel that constriction to such a degree it feels like a knot in my chest where my pouch is. I can only assume this is what a pouch would feel like if you overdrink/overeat?

My doc to be thorough sent me 5 mins down the road to a hospital and they did an upper GI (kinda?). Things looked ok from what they could see...I thought i was going to die when they made me try to drink this soapy tasting water! I walked in and they had 2 HUGE styrofoam containers - like 8 to 12 oz containers. I blinked at them and asked if they knew I had just had WLS. One dr nodded and I told him, even if I can drink this w/o it impacting that odd 'restriction sensation'...I CANNOT down 16 to 24 ozs anytime in the next 12 to 18 hrs. Water, even when I can get it down is making me very nauseated to point that it sometimes comes back up in my throat.

Long story short, things checked out from a stitching/no leak perspective which is great. They were able to run tests with me taking in maybe...4 ozs of this horrible (BUT WELL LUBRICATED SOAP) across an hour. The one tech that was left at the end said "wow, do things go through you fast". LOL..Um..yeah..RNY here.

I called Dr's office back on my way to go get the test and asked if I could have my INR (blood thinner levels) checked as I was so busy working (75 hrs last wk, actually really more like 78) that I hadn't had it checked. Am on a blood thinner for repeat pulmonary embolisms and DVT's. Well, it is a GOOD thing that we had labs pulled.

My INR is a 7! For those that don't know what normal is - if you do not take aspirin/blood thinners, you are usually a '1'. For someone who has a clotting history, at least on Coumadin/Warfarin, they want MY range to be between a 2 and a 3. That is considered 'therapeutic'. Well, if your blood thinning levels goes to high, you will start bleeding internally (brain bleed, etc.). Last summer, I ended up in a local hospital for 2 weeks as my INR level got to '9' and I started urinating blood.

My dr said to immediately stop my blood thinner and he had me send my husband to the store to buy some spinach and told me to blend it up with almond milk or something. A Vitamin K injection is how hospitals handle an 'out of control' blood thinning level. The issue with this is it sends you immediately to a '1' and if you have a tendency to clot, you can clot while they are trying to get you from '1'..back to the 2-3 range which is what happened last year when they gave me the shot. Just in the few days of trying to get me restarted, I threw some clots that went to my lungs.

So he is using the Vitamin K in the spinach to be a more gentle type of Vitamin K and I'm to got to hospital tomorrow to get it checked and they are going to put me on IV's for several hrs to rehydrate. My dr is familiar with my work situation. He did want me admitted but I said no, no, no. It wasn't until I was driving 1.5 hrs back to my house that they got the blood test results. If I had known I was at a '7', I probably would have let them admit me.

Well, at least my dr seems on top of things. I think he is going to try to have a "Come to Jesus" meeting with my cardiologist as that dr does NOT want me to switch to something like Eliquis and my surgeon knows that with all of the internal changes, having something that can slide so much in terms of range with a 'pouch' is just not something he feels is right, safe, or sustainable.

Miss posting real stuff. Oh crud...let me know if I need to delete this and post it elsewhere. I just thought of my August buddies. Well, back to work, I'll try to monitor if you need me to move this.

You are the oldest??? NOT possible!!!!! Making sure I get this right, you are in the orange and pink patterned outfit? You look about 10 to 15 yrs younger than the others! Wow!