Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

💜AUGUST 2019 CHALLENGE💜

Start by:

1. Posting your personal goal - 140lbs (???) Although I am happy with how I look and feel now.

2. Add your surgery type, status (pre/post op, losing/maintenance) - RNY, Post-op losing

3. Weight and BMI (not necessary but encouraged) - See ticker below LOL

4. Fun fact about yourself - I am a 60 year old in a 30 year old's body. lmao. I much prefer to be alone and hang out with my cats than go out with friends and party, etc. I've been this way my whole life.

I didn't see this til now so I messed up on the social media thing LOL. I don't like coffee, but I discovered nonfat steamed milk with sugar free Syrup that I may have to go get for tomorrow....

On 08/05/2019 at 11:32, KarenLR75 said:

Have been reading each day..and then realized...I haven't 'started' yet.

Someone else just mentioned their grueling work hrs. Was so nice to hear from someone else who just went through an incredibly brutal work week/weekend. One of the reasons I haven't 'made time' to start yet is the INSANITY at my work. My boss KNOWS I had surgery on 7/25. His wife had lap band surgery yrs ago and lost a decent amount of weight so he is partially familiar with the process and knows an RNY is a big surgery. Was crushed when he asked me to work this weekend after already working 73 hr work week. Actually, I felt kind of betrayed, especially as he asked on a group conf call.

I'm so tired I've been tearing up all day and I'm not even THINKING or aware that I'm thinking of anything! I feel like a hot mess right now with the work thing. This week promises to be more of the same and I just feel...dread (on the work front).

OK, back to our challenge

Start by:

1. Personal goal is to keep hydrated, keep Protein up and to keep gently pushing boundaries on moving/doing more things even with knee issue. I need to keep moving! An emotional/mental goal is to learn how to cope with the crazy demands at work without falling apart (especially as one of the only women in a male dominated group)

2. RNY surgery on 7/25 so I'm 12 days out

3. 320 (from a high of 390 15 months ago) and my BMI is almost close to 50. Would need to look @ my profile again..lol

4. When I had kids, I wanted to get out of Corp. America so while working insane hours back then as well and having 2 kids, I trained as an Apprentice Midwife - also was working on certification as a Doula. Then I realized after almost 2 yrs, all of these things were not sustainable and in TX a midwife cannot get liability insurance. What a joy it was to observe and assist in so many births, though!!

Catch up on Happiness Challenge:

#1 Wake up 30 mins earlier than normal – oddly this weekend I woke up an hr before normal and felt energized which is weird @ 300 calories a day

#2 Read an inspiring book DONE! IRead Gmorning, Gnight!: Little Pep Talks for Me & You

#3 Go for a walk outside – DONE! Walked outside and around Dillard’s Outlet

#4 Take a bubble batch – Not Done. Post-Op and didn’t take shower on that day

#5 Disconnect from Social Media – DONE - I work so much on computer am RARELY on FB. Just this forum which is essential to my support.

Wow. So very sorry to hear how rough your work schedule has been PO.

I was lucky— I was able to take 2 weeks off on disability because my job is 100% standing, walking, moving,etc and the shifts are typically 10-12 hrs (at least officially and we all work at least a half hour if not more unpaid each shift).
Anyway, because of all of the above, my Dr sent in the proper documentation that there was no way I could come in until 2 weeks post op.

Why is it health care providers typically have some of the unhealthiest working conditions?

The reason we pull our “hell weekends” is so we only have to work every 4th instead of every other weekend. Sometimes I wonder if its really worth it.
At least now I’m pulling those shifts with 75 pounds less on my body. If I had to strap on 75 pounds and work a 12hr shift tomorrow, it might legit put me in the ER. To think I was doing that 6 months ago makes me so thankful I had surgery in February.

Okay so at 12 days PO, you’re heading for some easier times. Honestly you’ve been through the worst of it, so hang in there!

19 minutes ago, seaforest said:

She's hard to catch....

Oh my gosh!! She's SO SO ADORABLE!!! Is she a golden or ?

Day 5:

I'm 16 mins late but I did "disconnect" from social media the entire day albeit some parts unintentionally. Today was embarkation for our cruise and after taking the red eye, getting settled into the ship early was a priority. I disconnected from FB years ago, not on Twitter or Instagram or Snapchat so I guess BP is my main social media platform.....other than WhatsApp which is for primarily a friends and family usage..... Point is, I think I completed this challenge...successfully?

Rest Day!!! Thank God for because I am darn tired and going to the fitness center on embarkation day is a tad pushing my OCDesque envelope.

That puppy is indeed adorable

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Day 6: After spying yesterday that today would be enjoy a warm cup of coffee, I immediately went on Amazon and ordered a milk steamer/frother and sugar free Syrup. LOL. (I don't drink coffee). Having tea today, however.

OMG...I want coffee SO BADLY!

Good morning all you lovely peeps!

Just finished my morning coffee and will be moving on towards a center and balance class (Pilates) soon.
Have some work training that needs to be done, but I’m also blocking about an hour or two to go through my closet again and see if/what needs to be culled out.

As I’m still in my losing phase, I try to do this about once monthly and today is my 6 month surgiversary so it seems like the perfect day to do it.

August 6thcoffee every morning.

Personal goal 5 pounds - I’m down six pounds since Friday. I think it’s a combination of 100-degree weather and Water weight.

Sleeve - losing my maintaining bounce weight (four more pounds to go)

Starting Weight 140 BMI 23

Today’s Weight 134. BMI 22.3

10 minutes ago, Sheribear68 said:

go through my closet again and see if/what needs to be culled out.

this has become one of my FAVOURITE things to do 😎... validates my increasing shopping problem.

On 08/06/2019 at 09:59, KarenLR75 said:

OMG...I want coffee SO BADLY!

Yeah that was one of the things (besides salad) that I missed the most.

About 4-6 weeks PO, I had my first cup (actually it was half milk , half coffee) but it was divine

Woo hoo! I’m like the best. Mom. Ever.

Just bought the last 2 tickets to some goat yoga that will be in town September 21.

Can’t wait to take my daughter.