Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This is harder than I thought.

I feel like a baby. I’m only at day 9 and it’s harder than I thought. I started out with severe dumping. My doctors thought it was CDiff. It wasn’t it was a terrible IBS flare up. Now I’m constipated. And my belly button has a fungal infection. I didn’t even know that was possible. It itches so bad. I’m having trouble getting my Protein in because I’m never hungry but im having terrible food cravings for nothing healthy. I’m due for my period so that may be why I’m feeling like this. It’s just harder than I thought. And I haven’t felt well. Maybe tomorrow will be better. Thank you for listening.

Hang in there im a month out I had my sleeve done may 8th.im ok doing better,im having problem with getting the Water in I don't meet the requirement but with eating drinking Protein Drink getting water in I be full.i didn't lose 30 pounds like they said I should I lost 18 I just weigh myself and I lost another 8 I thought I was doing something wrong but the nutrishinist said everybody lose different but when I feel full I just stop eating cause it seem like it want to back up and I don't want to stretch my sleeve.i hope you feel better I think its just your period doing that to you,maybe you can swalb your navel with peroxide to keep it clean out.i wish you nothing but good luck.

Sounds like you are having a rough time, it will get better

Thank you for the words of encouragement. I just didn’t think this was going to be like this. It’s one minor issue after another. And my scales broken so I don’t even know if I lost anything. lol. It will get better.

I feel like a baby. I’m only at day 9 and it’s harder than I thought. I started out with severe dumping. My doctors thought it was CDiff. It wasn’t it was a terrible IBS flare up. Now I’m constipated. And my belly button has a fungal infection. I didn’t even know that was possible. It itches so bad. I’m having trouble getting my Protein in because I’m never hungry but im having terrible food cravings for nothing healthy. I’m due for my period so that may be why I’m feeling like this. It’s just harder than I thought. And I haven’t felt well. Maybe tomorrow will be better. Thank you for listening.
I'm so sorry you've been having a rough time. It has been a month since I had GS and although I didn't have the medical challenges you are facing I resented getting the procedure because I was nauseous and hungry almost all.the time! I was.tired.of Soup. I had to remind myself that this is a process and it takes time for.the stomach to heal. It may not seem like it now but it will.get better. I just started soft foods and I feel like some normalcy is returning to.my life. With the itchy belly button I assume they gave you a cream or something for it, but also consider an ice pack ,because that will stop the itchiness. Best wishes.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hang in there. You are hungry - that's normal at this stage, so just breathe. Fluids are super important at this stage, so carry that bottle around everywhere.

Take a nap, seriously at 9 days because of so little intake I needed a nap. Take a stool softener, those Protein drinks are so constipating.

Hormones will be crazy affected by this surgery. And your period can get really out of whack. Be kind to yourself.

Air that belly button out girl! LOL I hate that when it happens. I hope you got some anti-fungal, but if not try Paladin diaper cream - you may have to ask for it behind the counter (IDKW, some Walgreens lock it up)

I promise you it gets better. Hang in there. You've just been through a major surgery. Show yourself some love.

Put a POST a Note on your mirror, "Even if I now have dings and scars, I have survived all Life threw at ME- I am Strong and worthy of respect!" And you are, like the old- fashioned TIMEX WATCHES- You took a licking but you're still ticking! IDO SALUTE YOU---- MY FRIEND!🙌

Thank you so much, everyone. Today is a bit better. Put some anti fungal on the belly button and the itching stopped. I felt like that was the last straw. It sounds stupid but the itching was driving me crazy and keeping me up at night. Been regretting the surgery but I see now it’s now it’s normal. You all made me feel better. Xoxox

So sorry it's so hard for you right now. Just know that it gets easier. I'm 4 months out and just now starting to get a handle on things. For the itching I used some Neosporin. Worked wonders. And if you keep your incisions covered it will help to not have scares. I cried alot and thought I did the wrong thing for a while. Once you start to see the outcome of being healthy and feeling healthy you will see it was worth it.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using BariatricPal mobile app

I had a fungal infection under my breasts at 6 months out. The rash was angry red and it hurt plus itched at the same time. I couldn’t even wear a bra and was miserable until it healed. My dr called an antifungal powder in for me and it worked well.

hang in there. It does get better.

Edited by Losingit2018