Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For those who have had the sleeve...a ?

Hi!

I'm currently 4 months post-op and had the sleeve 4 months ago. For those that have gerd, heartburn, reflux etc. What are the symptoms? When you have severe symptoms and needed to convert, how do you describe the feeling?

Thank you!

Reflux feels like fire.

BUT

Only testing from your surgeon will confirm the need for revisions.

Are you still taking medication? Talking to your Team about your concerns? Asked for testing? Are you currently experiencing symptoms or wondering about the future?

Good Luck!

9 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Reflux feels like fire.

BUT

Only testing from your surgeon will confirm the need for revisions.

Are you still taking medication? Talking to your Team about your concerns? Asked for testing? Are you currently experiencing symptoms or wondering about the future?

Good Luck!

Before surgery I had a problem of nausea and discomfort under my breastbone. Occasionally I would have the burning in my throat. If I took my medicine before surgery it was controlled.

The symptoms I have now are different and I will do my best to describe it, as i find it difficult to describe.

So, all the sudden I will get an achy nauseous feeling. Its lower down and I doesn't last a long time, but comes and goes. It makes me feel like moaning but disappears fairly quickly.

I talked to the PA about it and she said it sounds like a stomach spasm. It now is becoming less frequent but still makes me feel sick at times.

I'm just wondering what this can be? I don't think it's emergent.

Edited by gabybab

That doesn't sound like it but I'm no doctor, continued complaining and testing are the only ways to confirm 😂

Edited by GreenTealael

Before surgery I had a problem of nausea and discomfort under my breastbone. Occasionally I would have the burning in my throat. If I took my medicine before surgery it was controlled.
The symptoms I have now are different and I will do my best to describe it, as i find it difficult to describe.
So, all the sudden I will get an achy nauseous feeling. Its lower down and I doesn't last a long time, but comes and goes. It makes me feel like moaning but disappears fairly quickly.
I talked to the PA about it and she said it sounds like a stomach spasm. It now is becoming less frequent but still makes me feel sick at times.
I'm just wondering what this can be? I don't think it's emergent.
This honestly sounds like ulcers but yup, only testing can confirm.
Take care and I hope it gets better.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

We are not medical professionals and can only guess.

Write all the symptoms down to give to your bariatric team.

When does it happen - how long after eating? What were you eating? Did you eat a bite too much? Was the food acidic? Did you drink too soon after eating? Did you drink anything acidic? Did you eat too close to bedtime and cause food to push up into the esophagus? Does taking pepcid help at all?

The citric acid in crystal light began to cause me heartburn, I had to really limit it. Check labels.

20 hours ago, gabybab said:

Hi!

I'm currently 4 months post-op and had the sleeve 4 months ago. For those that have gerd, heartburn, reflux etc. What are the symptoms? When you have severe symptoms and needed to convert, how do you describe the feeling?

Thank you!

I have it and if you have reflux you will know, it comes out through the nose and mouth while sleeping and you wake up choking ( this is my experience with it) I take meds for it and don't have that problem anymore, although I still have heartburn and take antacids when I need to. Spicy foods make it worse for me.

And it burns your nose and throat like you've been gargling Siracha Or Death Pepper Juice!