Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Short and Well Endowed

I am in the prep stage for the sleeve and I’m petrified of what I’m going to look like when all is said and done. I do not seek attention and have always worn oversized clothes no matter what size I am. (I prefer to stay behind the scenes) I’m 5’0” and will probably shrink a couple more inches. I’m going to be 50 in August. When I was becoming a teen and blossomed, many people noticed my breasts before anything else about me. I started gaining weight around this time. My husband used to joke that if I lost my breast he would divorce me, not knowing this is a sore subject with me. I hate them and the attention they bring. Many say to embrace them but I just can’t. I have read that you will get smaller around but keep your cup size. I’m a DD! I’m going to look ridiculous with these saggy things after! I truly cannot imagine myself between 110 and 130 pounds with large breast! Any advice as to what I can do to help with this insecurity? Reduction is not an option!

I used to have substantial boobage… ;) before the wee-lings were born and now with some significant weight loss, not as much. I'm only a month and a half out from surgery, but I've already lost enough from the girls that I needed new bras. I'm still a D/DD depending on the style/manufacturer. Yes, they're saggy and not very pretty looking any more, but to be honest they weren't looking that great at my heaviest either. A good bra can perk up even the saggiest chest, but don't spend a fortune on new bras until you are in maintenance.

I also suggest a serious heart to heart with your hubs about the subject. Be honest about what he can expect about how your body is going to change, and how you feel about that. Let him know you're struggling with the unknowns of how you'll look at the end of all this, and your concerns about still being attractive to him. I'm sure he loves you and that your health matters so much more to him than your cup size. Sometimes we just need to hear that spoken aloud.

Hang in there!

mine deflated. Got very saggy - as in - I looked like I was 90 years old. But after plastic surgery - ta da! - I look like I'm 20 again! (errr...at least in the chest, anyway...)

Thank you ladies! I have talked to him years ago and he doesn’t say that anymore. He completely understands why I need this and is my biggest supporter.

I'm pretty sure your cup size absolutely will change. I am pre-op, but several years ago I lost about 80 lbs (briefly) on my own and I went down several cup sizes. I'm also short and 'well-endowed' (5'1" DDD or more currently, depending on manufacturer/brand). When I lost that weight before I got down to just one D and a much smaller band. That was only about half the weight I needed to lose, too! They had started looking kinda like chicken skin bags if they weren't in a bra. I don't care though, I'd much rather get off my meds and be healthy and wear special garments until I can get skin removed later on. 💜 good luck to you!

I'm not sure if you would consider 5'5" and a DD. Large. I have no hips or butt. At 130 pounds. I look top heavy. I'm 50. I'm final at an age where i dont let my body type stop me from wearing comfortable clothes and distance run. Even with two sports bras i get looks and comments. If they are offended then they can look away.

Sent from my SM-G930T using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you again for your responses! You ladies are great and put a smile on my face and made me laugh. I also have no butt and have not really seen my hips in a few years (that’s where all my weight is). It should be quite a site in the end. I will let you know if I make it into the cartoons but I can now say, thanks to you all am looking forward to see the results 😊

So far have gone from 42DD to 38B. Definitely droopier, but I sure don't have the pulling on my shoulders and back anymore. :)

On 06/27/2019 at 22:20, lzucks said:

I’ve gone from 44DD to 34C. Band and cup sizes both go down!
Oh how I pray. Thank you! 😃

On 06/27/2019 at 18:17, AZhiker said:

So far have gone from 42DD to 38B. Definitely droopier, but I sure don't have the pulling on my shoulders and back anymore. :)

I would be so happy! 😃