Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Plateau to Onederland!!!

Yesterday was a beautiful Sabbath day, which also marked 2 of my goals! I was able to jog 5 full laps around the track without stopping, and entered the wonderful land of Onederland!!! I kept stepping on & off the scale to make sure the numbers were accurate! I became so elated that I began crying while doing so...I haven’t been below 200 in probably 24 years! When I came out of my room, I started to tell my children, and began crying again...it’s surreal, but, wow, what a feeling!!!

Congrats! I even took a photo of the number on the scale when I hit Onederland to make sure it was real and to remember the feeling. Way to go! Keep up the good work!

Thank you GradyCat! I meant to take a picture of that moment as well, but then totally forgot with the emotions lol Congratulations to you too!!! 🤗

Amazing! You go girl!

Congratulations!!! 👏🙌😀

Thank you everybody! What an adventure!

3 hours ago, GradyCat said:

Congrats! I even took a photo of the number on the scale when I hit Onederland to make sure it was real and to remember the feeling. Way to go! Keep up the good work!

I did that same thing! I still have that picture...though I need to get back to it. And I will. But it's a great thing, sight and feeling: that first reentry into Onederland!!!

And I am yearni,g to join you, I am so close, 201.3 this AM, Now I am going to wonder what week it will be, This week? Next week? Maybe the 4th of July? In my family we don't Celebrate it so much anymore, oh we do Watch Red, White and Boom, the Giant Fireworks display in Columbus, almost as old as my wonderful Tomkitten! But 7 years ago at 11:15 AM his Dad and the Man I had been married to for 44 years unexpectedly died and it forever mutes the day for us both. Instead of music, barbeques and games that are fun, he and I take a long walk, think about John and why he had to die That Day. And I do try to be less bitter, it turns out the basically died of the Hereditary Kidney Disease that affected many members on his Mama's side. Years ago, when we first were married I asked if he had any of it, had his doctor told him he had a strong risk? He basically told me I was being silly, that he was extremely healthy and not to speak of it again. So, being a good obedient wife, I didn't. People have asked me since I was a near- nurse and a medical geek, how could I not know? He was pretty private about his bathroom habits, I was not even permitted in while he bathed. So what was he doing in there, urinating or what? I certainly didn't know! Not until I was going through his papers, trying to reconcile what debts we still Owens what his death canceled, and luckily his debts to credit and check into Cash people died with him. There was a whole sheaf of paperwork, his doctor, who was not MY doctor had warned him multiple years ago that yes he had that kidney disease , without intervention it would surely kill him. And curses be up in HIPPA, this privacy edict that was put into law, Me, his wife of 44 years, and his son the Tomkitten were not permitted to be told. We had nary a clues and I have thought about this much, I do believe he willfully orchestrated his own suicide! If I had known I would have insisted his duet,be changed to one easier on his body, I would have sought to have him entered in transplant lists, although our blood types were different, I would have donated 1 or 2 of my kidneys for one of these progressive kidney transplant groupings they have at Ohio State, and I am sure a matching one would have been found for him. But he preferred to die to telling me, this hurts, I thought I was his best friend, I had been with him since just before my 22bd birthday, and he l9ved ME so Little? I could handle it if he had been incompetent, his mind not ckear, but he did this with malice in his ❤,,,not caring who he had hurt, it was bad enough he hurt me, but he hurt our son,who had believed implictedly in him and that I find myself not to forgive easily. He hurt my my Baby, no one had carte blanhe to do that! I hate the thought,of losing Heaven because I hold this resentment. But I am not the person my Savior, he could hate the sin and love the siinner, as a,Mortal Woman I find it Hard. But perhaps by then I will achieved Onderland and it will give me a thread of hope I will finally be able to write "1" before my weight. And then I still will try to make it down to the 175 pound Dream Goal I set myself. Will I make it? I plan to unless I die before and at 73 one never knows for certain. But I will,have👣 attempted and maybe that will grant peace no matter what happens!💦😪

4 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

And I am yearni,g to join you, I am so close, 201.3 this AM, Now I am going to wonder what week it will be, This week? Next week? Maybe the 4th of July? In my family we don't Celebrate it so much anymore, oh we do Watch Red, White and Boom, the Giant Fireworks display in Columbus, almost as old as my wonderful Tomkitten! But 7 years ago at 11:15 AM his Dad and the Man I had been married to for 44 years unexpectedly died and it forever mutes the day for us both. Instead of music, barbeques and games that are fun, he and I take a long walk, think about John and why he had to die That Day. And I do try to be less bitter, it turns out the basically died of the Hereditary Kidney Disease that affected many members on his Mama's side. Years ago, when we first were married I asked if he had any of it, had his doctor told him he had a strong risk? He basically told me I was being silly, that he was extremely healthy and not to speak of it again. So, being a good obedient wife, I didn't. People have asked me since I was a near- nurse and a medical geek, how could I not know? He was pretty private about his bathroom habits, I was not even permitted in while he bathed. So what was he doing in there, urinating or what? I certainly didn't know! Not until I was going through his papers, trying to reconcile what debts we still Owens what his death canceled, and luckily his debts to credit and check into Cash people died with him. There was a whole sheaf of paperwork, his doctor, who was not MY doctor had warned him multiple years ago that yes he had that kidney disease , without intervention it would surely kill him. And curses be up in HIPPA, this privacy edict that was put into law, Me, his wife of 44 years, and his son the Tomkitten were not permitted to be told. We had nary a clues and I have thought about this much, I do believe he willfully orchestrated his own suicide! If I had known I would have insisted his duet,be changed to one easier on his body, I would have sought to have him entered in transplant lists, although our blood types were different, I would have donated 1 or 2 of my kidneys for one of these progressive kidney transplant groupings they have at Ohio State, and I am sure a matching one would have been found for him. But he preferred to die to telling me, this hurts, I thought I was his best friend, I had been with him since just before my 22bd birthday, and he l9ved ME so Little? I could handle it if he had been incompetent, his mind not ckear, but he did this with malice in his ❤,,,not caring who he had hurt, it was bad enough he hurt me, but he hurt our son,who had believed implictedly in him and that I find myself not to forgive easily. He hurt my my Baby, no one had carte blanhe to do that! I hate the thought,of losing Heaven because I hold this resentment. But I am not the person my Savior, he could hate the sin and love the siinner, as a,Mortal Woman I find it Hard. But perhaps by then I will achieved Onderland and it will give me a thread of hope I will finally be able to write "1" before my weight. And then I still will try to make it down to the 175 pound Dream Goal I set myself. Will I make it? I plan to unless I die before and at 73 one never knows for certain. But I will,have👣 attempted and maybe that will grant peace no matter what happens!💦😪

Just like we release the lbs. we can get and release the resentment we carry that made us eat.. forgive him even if he didn’t deserve it. My hubby is that John Wayne brooding , silent type and I still don’t know him enough to my liking ... I take what he offers. He had a traumatic childhood and he’s 67 and he ain’t changing any time soon ... of course I feel sad I can’t break the wall completely down.. I take what I can get . As much as he can give. I’m so sorry he kept all that from you.. perhaps he felt if he uttered it or made it real and to keep it secret meant it wasn’t happening ??. I am so glad of your scale success, just bask in it because you deserve it!