Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How often do you get filled?

How often do people get fills? Is it every 6 weeks? I have no idea what kind of band I have. I didn't even know there were different kinds until a few days ago. Is one better than the other? I thought there was a general lapband that everyone had. I'm only 2 1/2 weeks post-op, and my first fill is on December 10th and I'm really excited!! For those of you who were banded by Dr. Champion here in GA, do you remember how many cc's he put into your band during your first fill? I know he is very cautious and likes to go slowwww, but I'm worried that he will be too slow and I'll have to live with being this hungry for even longer if he decides to fill me with 1 cc for example. Of course I have no idea what kind of band I have, but to the rest of you who were not banded by Dr. Champion, how many cc's was your first fill? Thanks!!

first fill was at 6 weeks then I see the surgeon every 4 weeks to evaluate whether or not I need one. I did not need one at the end of Oct as I had lost 12 lbs in the 4 weeks from my first fill. I see the surgeon this tuesday 3 weeks later (he is gone next week) to see if I will get one. I have not lost weight this time but I have lost 2 pant sizes. I was in a 22 at the beginning of October and today at fit in a size 18. so we will see how it goes on tuesday. it depends on your surgeon on how aggressive he/she is with fills. my husband was able to eat more than he should so he went in a week early for his 2nd fill.

good luck

I had my 1st fill at 6 weeks post-op. My doctor evaluates me every 2 weeks. If I have not lost 2lbs per week, I will get another fill.

1st fill - 2cc's

2nd fill - 2cc's

It is so interseting to come from the comfort of feeling full to now wanting to eat more and thinking about food more often than I have since surgery...

I get evaluated for my first fill tomorrow.. i hope I dont have to wait long to get it scheduled.. I am so hungry!!

Whisper

My first year I got filled an average of every 8 weeks. Now that I'm on my 2nd year I get fills and unfills about the same. I'm due for a fill now but want to wait it out through the Holidays. I currently maintain.

I had 3 fills (about 2 weeks apart) as soon as my recovery period was over to reach restriction. I haven't had a fill for over a year and I still have restriction.