Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling ill prepared Four weeks 3 to 5 and beyond

Well I just left the doctors office, I’m feeling very emotional. I don’t feel like I know what I’m doing. They gave me handouts. But....I just feel like I don’t know what to do, how much to eat you can I have blended Soups can I not.... When I drove down to the doctor I was very emotional singing some songs so I think my emotions are a little elevated today LOL

A couple ounces at first, maybe advancing to an1/4 then an 1/2 cup. It takes very little to fill your sleeve or pouch. And I have a very non-forgiving pouch I named Ms Precious Pouch, she is now 8 months old but she is an unforgiving tempermental little piece of stomach flesh. 3 nights last week she decided to repulse my supper, up and out everything came. And I swear much more came out than what I put in, because I usually measure everything. I am working through ulceration in my small intestine and a stomal opening stricture, showed up just 2 weeks after she was made. Don't worry , It really is rare although there are about 5 or 6 currently on Bariatric Pal, we give each other emotional support as we work through it, I think mine has been the longest in duration, but even I am improving and I can even see the sunshine ahead. Yes blended Soups are one of my joys, that , Protein Shakes, broths and plenty of fluids keep me going. List 140 from my highest weight, 95 since my surgery last September 5th, and I am not over yet! So anytime you want to talk about things either I or another one of us are always here, okay?

1 hour ago, DeniseSchipper said:

Well I just left the doctors office, I’m feeling very emotional. I don’t feel like I know what I’m doing. They gave me handouts. But....I just feel like I don’t know what to do, how much to eat you can I have blended Soups can I not.... When I drove down to the doctor I was very emotional singing some songs so I think my emotions are a little elevated today LOL

Do you have a local support group? It may help. Emotions and pre surgery anxiety can make this seem overwhelming. We are also here. Ask anything.

Take this one food stage at a time. Look at your information and find your first stage right after surgery. It should be liquids. Look for the start and end date - follow the foods on the list. Only think about the food stage you’re in.

Next phases should be puree, soft foods. and real food stages, - Look for the start and end dates. Follow the foods on your list/plan.

Do they have a nutritionist on staff?

Definitely talk to the nutritionist because it's overwhelming when you first start. But definitely do it by the stages in the binder that they should of given you before surgery.
Good luck with your journey and remember that you have a lot of support here and we're more than happy to help. We're all going through virtually the same thing give or take.
Keep your chin up and on your goal.
Allie in SC

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app