Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Its hard to be focussed during this time of the year, but you can do it.

Get back to the basics of banding, pull out the 'ole rules and read up. It really helped me to get back on track. And don't beat yourself up, just know that just because you are not losing weight everyday, doesn't mean you are not getting healthier everyday.

Keep trying, this is not an easy road, but you can do it!

If only there were a switch in the brain to make food untantilizing...

I get another fill on Nov. 28th, and my fingers are crossed!

Have a happy Thanksgiving everyone and thanks again for your comments, advice, and suggestions.

I'm learning how to give myself a great big kick in the butt when I start falling apart! One thing that helped me was to pull out all of the materials I got from my doctor's office, reread all of it, and make sure I the foods I'm supposed to eat are in the house. I also made sure I went home for lunch or packed a lunch to bring to work.

Keeping a food journal is another good idea. A lot of people on this forum use websites to track their food intake, but I went the low-tech route and chose to write in a journal. Planning ahead will help you avoid having to make a mad dash to Mickey D's.

As everyone else said, things will get easier once your restriction is better! Hang in there--we all have hard times!

I was totally amazed how much I ate when I started writing it down. I had read several times in magazines, etc. to keep a food journal and I blew it off for the longest time..then one day I just decided to do it and S H O C K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, needless to say, I realized I was NOT one of those folks who couldn't figure out why they were heavy!!!!!!!!!!!

Justwant2lose: You are so not alone! I was banded August 31st, I have had 3 fills and I am just now starting to experience restriction. I didn't come immediately with this last fill, it seemes to get greater as time passes, I had it two weeks ago! Hang in there and remember, if you were expected to do it all yourself you wouldn't need the band! All of us have similar weaknesses as you, hence the band, so go easy on yourself, be sure and diligently follow your fill routine. Meanwhile do the best you can and know that once you get your band where it needs to be it will be so much easier. Things will get better!

I know exactly where you are coming from...........I just got my band 10/29/07 and am still hungry and could eat a whole lost more than I do, But I have been assured when I get my correct fill it will be different. I just have to hold on and eat healthy and small portions. Hang in there it will get better for us!!

Connie

I agree with Jack - so profound. When ever you want to eat fast food watch the movie Super Size Me. Guaranteed to get you over that hump for at least a day.

I have had my first fill and still can eat but I am doing my best to maintain with willpower and exercise. It is tough but I also have to give thanks for the 19 pound loss so far - that has NEVER happened in the past and certainly not at holiday time.

Next fill is DEC 12 - hoping to 'hang in there' until then - your posts let me know that I am not alone. Thanks.

If I can eat all of a happy meal then I go for a fill. I'm trying to go there less (honest :) )

The last time I went (last week) I could only eat 3 nuggets and about 3 fries. If I get to where I can eat all 6 nuggets then I already know it's time to go. When I can start w/ the french fries too ... it's definitely time to go!!

Good luck to you!