Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am just thoroughly disgusted with myself. I had my first fill on Nov 7th and feel like nothing is different. I can EAT. Tonight, I had McD's for dinner and ate a 6 piece nugget combo with a coke. I am not focused and I don't know why.

Get a grip. You can do this. I know the mind may not have caught up with the body but you have to avoid the temptations to succeed. Obviously, you know this. I had surgery on the 6th and am still on my liquid diet until Wednesday. Tonight my family had Chinese food and it was really tough not to be able to eat but I ordered Wonton Soup took the veggies and wonton out and just at the broth. Now I am not saying it was easy but I reminded myself what I just went throught to lose weight and that I did not want to sabatoge my efforts.

By the way, how the heck did you drink a coke. I though soda was a no-no.

Best of luck and hang in there. Tomorrow is another day and start if off on a good foot.

I am having trouble with focus right now too but we just have to dig down deep into ourselves and find that strength we need to do the right thing for ourselves. Don't do this for anyone else but yourself and you have to boost your confidence and BELIEVE you can do this. Start fresh at your next meal...eat something good and then be proud of yourself and enjoy how much better you feel after eating something healthy rather than how yucky you felt after that crappy McD's!!

I felt the exact same way!! I read all the post about it getting better and i thought to myself "yea right" But I am living proof that it DOES get better.This is coming from a junk food overeating junkie!!

When you get the proper fill you won't be able to eat McDonalds. It took me 3 months to really start losing weight. I never got focused. I got this too prevent me from being able to eat the way that I did, and it does work, but I have to be very tight. When I could eat McDonalds, I did. Now I HAVE to be careful b/c I need make the best choices because I know I can't eat much at all.

Good luck and hang in there!

Gretchen

banded 2/23/07

68 pounds

I am just thoroughly disgusted with myself. I had my first fill on Nov 7th and feel like nothing is different. I can EAT. Tonight, I had McD's for dinner and ate a 6 piece nugget combo with a coke. I am not focused and I don't know why.

Fat people and guilt seem to go hand in hand. So you made a mistake... no point in beating yourself up about it... no doubt you've lived your life doing that. As Lapbandit said, have something healthy to eat and forget that you deviated from your plan. If it gets too hard, rather than go for the non healthy choice again, come on here and talk about it first... give people a chance to steer you in the right direction. Good luck.

Don't give it a second thought. This is TOTALLY NORMAL!!!! First fills are usually not successful....second fill may not be either. I didn't get a REAL restriction (and believe me, it comes as one of those big "AHA!!!!!" moments when you DO get it!) until my 3rd fill. It will come with time. Do the best you can for now and get back in for another fill when your doctor lets you.

It takes a while. Like previously posted, just keep following the rules. I'm four and a half months out and I've had three fills. Your doc might not have put a lot in for your fill just to see how you start doing. My doc seems to be adjusting mine slowly. The first fill I had, I only noticed that it seemed different when I was full...but I was still eating a lot. I know I'm still not at the sweet spot yet and am going back again at the end of this month.

This isn't an overnight thing. I've also heard people say that it takes them about a full two weeks to feel the actual restriction.

Keep working at it though.

I can't say enough how helpful reading your replies are to me. I feel so alone at times with this band, and it gets frustrating. But it does help so much to know that I am not alone, and that the feelings I have are normal.

You are all right. Eating McD's is not healthy and I need to stop sabotaging myself. I am going to really focus on eating healthier and getting some exercise. We did go out for Breakfast at IHOP this morning and I had the Garden Scramble, which is a healthier alternative. Also, went grocery shopping and picked up a few lean cuisines for the week.

I really do want to succeed and I can't wait until I get that "AHA" moment with the right restriction!

Thanks for all of your feedback! :clap2:

Oh, the other thought is...

You only ate a six piece nugget combo. Would a normal meal at McD's been something bigger? I know mine would have prior to being banded. So if you are like me and it would have been a double cheeseburger or something, hey a six piece isn't a bad trade off. :)

You will do much better when you have good restriction. One fill usually does not do it. Hang in there!!!! It does work. I have my third fill now, 2.5 in a 4 cc band and i can hardly eat anything. I have to work to get enough calories and Protein now. I love this band. Donna

FarmerE - In the past, a trip to McD's was just a combo - A BIG MAC combo! I was stuffed after I would eat that. Now, when I do have to have McD's, I usually get a happy meal or a grilled chicken wrap with a fruit and yogurt parfait. My biggest problem, and I am sure I am not alone on this, is that I am an emotional eater. I guess nearing the holidays has me under some kind of subconcious stress therefore I reach out for food.

I am hoping exercise will help alleviate alot of the stress.

I totally understand what your saying!!! I still don't have a lot of self-control when I comes to fast food, so I never eat fast food by myself. I have more control when I'm w/ a friend or my DH. You might try eating at home if your not with a buddy (supportive buddy).

Keep up the good fight!

Connie

my dr's office philosophy is "if you can eat it, you will". they truly believe that proper restriction is what gets us to lose the weight. they say that if we could of done it with willpower, we would not have needed the surgery.

now, i see a lot of different philosphies on this site, and this is my dr's opinion only. i understand what you are going through. (granted, there is no way that i could eat a md combo, i can barely eat 5 Wendy's nugges) But, i can eat Cookies, and i have been. i try not to let myself get guilty about it, because that only starts a vicous cycle.

food is our addiction, it truly has to be handled that way. one slip up should not take you completely off of the path. pick yourself up, (maybe get a fill), and focus.

(i'll need you to tell me all of this stuff again when i get to that point :))