Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Chasing that Full Feeling

In the last couple weeks I've suddenly started chasing that full feeling. I'm terrified. Someone please tell me that I haven't ruined my pouch already. I'm scared that I'm stretching it.

I know that if I don't stop chasing the full sensation that I *will* stretch my pouch, so I'm going to get my **** together effective immediately.

I am 100% sure this is stress/emotional eating. I had to stop therapy temporarily for financial reasons but I have the knowledge and tools to help myself, so I'm going to get myself under control, even though it's hard and scary.

Meanwhile... I'm praying that I haven't ruined myself before I even reached the 6 month mark.

I have been being naughty as well, eating things I know I should not and it has stalled my loss. I 'started over' yesterday and have begun anew. you can do this!

See if you can get yourself a copy of this book:

https://www.amazon.com/Emotional-First-Aid-Kit-Practical/dp/0976852659

Maybe check your local library if you're having financial difficulties. My hospital provides it as a gift to all bariatric surgery patients, and it's got great practical advice for avoiding those emotional pitfalls and being gentle to yourself. You can always come here for support too, when you feel an emotional binge coming on!

2 hours ago, KT1981 said:

In the last couple weeks I've suddenly started chasing that full feeling. I'm terrified. Someone please tell me that I haven't ruined my pouch already. I'm scared that I'm stretching it.

I know that if I don't stop chasing the full sensation that I *will* stretch my pouch, so I'm going to get my **** together effective immediately.

I am 100% sure this is stress/emotional eating. I had to stop therapy temporarily for financial reasons but I have the knowledge and tools to help myself, so I'm going to get myself under control, even though it's hard and scary.

Meanwhile... I'm praying that I haven't ruined myself before I even reached the 6 month mark.

Its great you recognized what’s going on. I like @MegPRN advice. There are some great books that can help you address stress emotional eating.

My two cents on stretching your sleeve:

• You will reach a point where less surgery restriction is noticeable. This is normal. Your sleeve has not grown back to full size. (If you think you stretched your surgery It’s rare. have it diagnosed by a surgeon.
  • Logging your food becomes important -Just because you can eat more food, does not mean you have to. There is no reason eat over your weight loss calories and macros.
  • Be aware of Grazing/Eating around your surgery- Consuming many small meals of healthy and unhealthy that total over your weight loss calories and macros – The sensation and result is as if you never had bariatric surgery. You will gain weight.

Hunger strategies:

• Add as much veggies with your dense Protein until full. This will help satiate the extra sleeve space. The bulk and Fiber will keep your calories low.
  • Once you add extra carbs and sugar you crave them more. They cause hunger. Detox off them
  • Eat five to six small meals and keep within your weight loss calories/macros
  • Keep healthy sweet and salty items on hand for cravings.
  • Allow yourself a veggie tray for night snacking
  • Get temptation out of the house

Thank you all for your support. I will absolutely check out that book! (I just saw a video posted, so I'll watch that, too).

I am good about logging EVERYTHING (whether I'm proud of it or not) so at least I have accurate records of my intake.

I have recommitted to eating slowly and paying attention to my satiety levels. I'm on the right track!

I am going through the same thing. I worry so much about ruining my surgery, and I'm only 4 months out. I need to start over, my habits have gotten bad. We can do this together! A great atmosphere for support with a healthier lifestyle is MyFitnessPal. I post on there as well, and the community is so positive and inspirational. I would highly recommend checking into it if you think it would benefit you! Best of luck!

22 hours ago, MegPRN said:

See if you can get yourself a copy of this book:

https://www.amazon.com/Emotional-First-Aid-Kit-Practical/dp/0976852659

Maybe check your local library if you're having financial difficulties. My hospital provides it as a gift to all bariatric surgery patients, and it's got great practical advice for avoiding those emotional pitfalls and being gentle to yourself. You can always come here for support too, when you feel an emotional binge coming on!

Thanks! I just ordered the Kindle version 😎