Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need words of encourgement or thoughts

Hello,

Long story short, I had the band to sleeve conversion on 02/18/19. All went well and then last week Monday two week check up and again all ok. Then Tuesday I had a hard time breathing and chest pains. Dr told me to go to the ER to rule out blood clots, etc, all checked out ok. My Surgeon on Thursday bumped up my Prilosec to x2 a day since I didn't feel much better by Thursday. It has helped a bit but still have a bit of the tightness and breathing issues. I am scared to eat, that making eating it will make it worst but having soft foods for the most part. Not sure if stomach is still healing/swollen. Someone said it can take up to four to six week for the Prilosec to take full effect.

I guess I'm just wondering will it get better or is this my new normal? I am having some regrets on what I did even though at this point I cant change it. I have never had anxiety in my life but since Wednesday I think I have it in overdrive . I just don't know where to go at this point.

Any thoughts or ideas would be helpful at this point.

💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎

You did all the right things, took all precautions and actions you should have.

BRAVO!🎇🎇🎇

Sometimes people don't take symptoms seriously or act too slowly. You did not. Since your Surgeon and ER docs ruled things out and gave you a plan they believe, so try to follow it.

It is likely still swelling from major surgery. Conversion from a band can be tricky I have read because of the levels of erosion and scar tissue that may be present.

Your healing may be slow but you seem to have a team that cares and that can make a difference in how you feel about your progress month to month.

Congrats on a successful surgery. Get well soon. Stay in touch with your team and try new foods on their schedule for you.

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

While I didn't experience what you have, I will say it does get better...Up until the last week or so, I seriously questioned whether it was worth it or not....I mean I saw the numbers on the scales coming down, and I saw my clothes getting looser, but, the psychological factor really had me tore up...I mean, watching your friends and family eat all the stuff that you love, while you are lucky to eat 3 or 4 ounces...and sometimes of stuff that your head says that you just want to eat and eat because you love the taste of it....

Just hang in there...it will get better....remember, the small things add up to the big things...

51 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎

You did all the right things, took all precautions and actions you should have.

BRAVO!🎇🎇🎇

Sometimes people don't take symptoms seriously or act too slowly. You did not. Since your Surgeon and ER docs ruled things out and gave you a plan they believe, so try to follow it.

It is likely still swelling from major surgery. Conversion from a band can be tricky I have read because of the levels of erosion and scar tissue that may be present.

Your healing may be slow but you seem to have a team that cares and that can make a difference in how you feel about your progress month to month.

Congrats on a successful surgery. Get well soon. Stay in touch with your team and try new foods on their schedule for you.

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

Thank you.. I am so hoping I just need to heal.

11 minutes ago, BigDaddy BGP said:

While I didn't experience what you have, I will say it does get better...Up until the last week or so, I seriously questioned whether it was worth it or not....I mean I saw the numbers on the scales coming down, and I saw my clothes getting looser, but, the psychological factor really had me tore up...I mean, watching your friends and family eat all the stuff that you love, while you are lucky to eat 3 or 4 ounces...and sometimes of stuff that your head says that you just want to eat and eat because you love the taste of it....

Just hang in there...it will get better....remember, the small things add up to the big things...

Thank you, I hope it does.

I think it'll get better for you. Your body's just been through a lot and it takes a while to transition. Hang in there.

1 hour ago, GradyCat said:

I think it'll get better for you. Your body's just been through a lot and it takes a while to transition. Hang in there.

Thank you

Be patient with yourself ,for nothing in nature blooms all year. But to the best of your ability, be a sunflower, on even the darkest days you will stand tall and reach for the sun. And and new defination for FAIL.....FIRST ATTEMPT but I'M LEARNING.... rather softens the pain, doesn't it? And no matter the speed or slowness of this weight loss journey, we will all end up winners.

I had band to sleeve on 2/11/19. It will get better! I walked in circles around my leaving room to relieve gas pressure in my upper abdomen & chest. It really works! I also found relief by laying on my tummy. I use an albuterol inhaler to open up my air passages & used my spirometer daily for 3 weeks.

I am no doctor but I know from experience that anxiety itself can make you feel like you can't breath! Take solace in knowing you did the right thing to experience a healthier YOU. We are here for you!

12 minutes ago, Starstarbobar said:

I had band to sleeve on 2/11/19. It will get better! I walked in circles around my leaving room to relieve gas pressure in my upper abdomen & chest. It really works! I also found relief by laying on my tummy. I use an albuterol inhaler to open up my air passages & used my spirometer daily for 3 weeks.

I am no doctor but I know from experience that anxiety itself can make you feel like you can't breath! Take solace in knowing you did the right thing to experience a healthier YOU. We are here for you!

Thank you.. Are you experiencing any reflux?

No but you seldom do with a rny, but I do have other pains, I am not exempt. When my jujunel ulcers decide to complain it hurts like gall bladder pain in the right subcostal area, right below the ribs. I get pain in the center of my chest, just to the right of the sternum or I would like think it angina ❤ pain. And my pouch sometimes feels like it has clenched up like a fist, and I am still on Zofran to lower the incidence of emesis. But I do still get Gerd Like symptoms with anything containing coconut. And 3 or 4 things I still can't eat, all considered easy peasy, eggs, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese and almost forgot, bananas. Not even a little bit, and p- butter not much better.

And things usually work out if you're patient and wait for it to happen. I worried I would never lose weight but I am losing still 2-3 pounds a week. I thought my clothing size would never change and it has. But the best of it all, I now weigh much less than TOMKITTEN, my son. I am thrilled , he is disgruntled, thinks the next time we see PCP, he will be the one growled and grilled upon.
Oh well,,Karma is a female dog,🐶 isn't she?

And @Rene S how are you doing and how did things turn out for YOU? It's Almost July 2019 and I have been wondering.

On 6/23/2019 at 8:59 PM, Frustr8 said:

And @Rene S how are you doing and how did things turn out for YOU? It's Almost July 2019 and I have been wondering.

Much better these days, thank you for asking. It was a rough month or so. My anxiety is pretty much gone. I never had experienced anything like that before, you feel helpless. All the chest issues were I believe extreme Gerd. I have that under control with a prilosec a day. Now I just have to figure out how to manage all my aches and pains. I was on anti inflammatory meds prior to surgery and then was taken off. I was cleared to take them again I just have not, was a bit worried but its to the point I cant exercise much and weigh loss has pretty much stopped :(

Well, i, as well as many others are as a rule on here, so anytime you feel like talking, here we are. No matter how prepared you feel you are, Bariatrics still hold surprises and You Do Learn As You Go. But when I feel bewildered there are always veterans who have helped me get through whatever was bothering ME! And I do believe you'll end up just fine!😝👍