Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting fills without fluoroscopy...

I've had 10 fills and 2 unfills so far. None ever done under fluoro and I never had to be stuck more than once.

Sorry to hear some of you have had problems with your fills, I hope it gets better for you!

I had my first fill today and she said I might not feel any restrition until the 3rd or fourth fill, and she just had me stick out tummy and felt for my port then stuck a little needle in to put fill in, dindt hurt what so ever!

I have 4cc's in my 10 cc band so far with the 2 fills. It's getting better more each time. It's kinda tight to swallow first thing in the morning as with most people. I had a few scrambled eggs for Breakfast and they went down ok. (I just had 2nd fill couple days ago) As the day wore on I kept trying to think in my mind if I felt hungry...like I usually feel..always wanting to head to the kitchen for whatever. Everything I thought of in my head...didn't sound good. What a good feeling that is. I know I could still maybe use a fill or two more, but for now it's working some...there might be a chance for me yet. :whoo::clap2:

I had a appointment to received my first fill Nov 2. so off to the MD office I went. He tried, w/o success. We went to the US room in his office, he tried,and couldn't get access. I was offered lido, I declined. His partner came in NOPE. Nadda. So here I was thinking, great... a surgery with a port that no one can access. They told me not to worry , that often a first fill can be difficult(I had had problems with a large hematoma round my port, but that's a another story). On Nov 8 I went to the fluro room at a local hospital and my surgeon discovered that I was one of those "lucky" folks who fill could be easier obtained while I was standing up. LOL. so they placed 1.5 cc and I'm great. Feeling good, nice restriction. Doing just fine..

T

I just returned home after my first fill. My doc put in 1cc which I questioned. He said it takes 3-4 cc's of saline to "prime the band" (fill the dead space with fluid) at the time of surgery. So he added 1 more cc. He said to call him next week if I don't notice any restriction and he'd schedule me for another fill.

I had my fill on friday, no pain at all, just stuck a needle in me and with in a few min i was done, now its mon and i feel real restricted, i tried eating solids today and it came up but tonight it seems better, wondering if to much fill, she put in 3cc's in a lg vangaurd band

I had my fill on friday, no pain at all, just stuck a needle in me and with in a few min i was done, now its mon and i feel real restricted, i tried eating solids today and it came up but tonight it seems better, wondering if to much fill, she put in 3cc's in a lg vangaurd band

I have had 2 fills so far, 9cc in a large VG band and cannot eat till around noon. Even my bfast shakes are tough for now. Seems earlier in the days are tough on most of us.

Ya this morning i had a tougher time than tonight. I hope its ok and i dont need to take some out, i will drink fluids for an extra day if i have to, i should be back on solids tomorrow but...

I went thru the same thing a few days ago and ended up without a fill. I am so depressed. I am not sure what I will do next. He told me I would need to wait for about 2 weeks and we would try again with flouro. I don't want to wait. UGH!!!!!!

When you guys get filled "under floro", does that mean you can actually watch the screen when your doctor is inserting the needle, doing the fill?

My doctor does my fills, without floro, then sends me to the radiology department to drink something under floro to make sure the liquid is going through. Does anyone else do this?

Went for my second fill today and the doctor got it first time without any help. He does not even give anything to numb first, guess he is just really good. Sorry you are having such a hard time, personally after the second or atleast the thrid try I would have opted to leave without the fill. 20 times is way too tollerant for me.

I had my fill yesterday and can only eat 4oz. every meal. The only thing is that at 3:PM and 9:00PM I need a snack. I had a sugar free pudding and was very full at night. I had a fruit shake as a snack at 3:00 and was full,of course. I need the fruit,I don't want to have low blood sugar again. I don't know if this is OK or not. Does anybody eat between meals?

I think that if you are having no problems then no floro is good.

I had a friend who had terrible problems and her Dr. never used a floro.

Ended up her band had slipped and they kept filling and unfilling.

She went for 6 weeks without being able to eat or drink anything.

I greatly scolded her and made her go see under floro.

They removed the band, if they had seen the problem under floro earlier the band might have just had to be unlatched and replaced.

She went to Mexico and had vertical gastric bypass.

I always use floro. I have esophagus spasams too so I make them use it.

yaya

Mine have always been done under flouro. I get on my back on the table, she watches the screen while feeling for my port, sticks the needle in and "fills" me up, then stands the table and me up (with the needle still sticking in me). At this time I have to swallow barium. I think it’s cool watching it go down. I can see it going down the esophagus and pool in the pouch before it is squeezed to the lower stomach. If all is well, she then pulls out the needle. That is the part I think hurts, when the needle comes out. I hate that tugging feeling.