Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 days post-op and hungry??????

3 hours ago, KMac2018 said:

Vegan, Gluten-Free

Ingredients

• 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or oil of choice)

• 1 medium onion, diced

• 2 cloves garlic, minced

• 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger

• 2 teaspoons curry powder

• 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric

• 1 cup red lentils

• 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into large dice

• 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth

• 1 teaspoon sea salt + more to taste

• Freshly cracked black pepper

• 1-2 teaspoons maple Syrup (optional)

• For serving: coconut yogurt and fresh cilantro

Directions

1. Select the Sauté setting on your Instant Pot and heat up the coconut oil. Once it's shimmering, add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until slightly softened.

2. Add the garlic, ginger, curry powder and turmeric and stir until aromatic, about 30 seconds.

3. Add the lentils, sweet potatoes, vegetable broth, sea salt, and pepper. Stir to combine all of the ingredients. Select the Cancel setting.

4. Secure the lid of the Instant Pot and seal. Select the Pressure Cook (or Manual, depending on your model) setting and cook at high pressure for 10 minutes.

5. Once the 10 minutes is up, allow a natural pressure release for 10 minutes. Open the Instant Pot and give the Soup a stir. Taste for seasonings. You may want to add more salt, or to balance the acidity, you may want to add a teaspoon or two of maple Syrup or sugar.

6. Once the Soup has slightly cooled, top with coconut yogurt and fresh cilantro.

I added carrots and celery. It looks kinda gross but it was really tasty. I added a lot of salt...he he and I did add maple syrup

This looks great. Thank you

Now that I’m on purées I REALLY feel the restriction. It feels great to be full. I’m feeling way more optimistic

On 01/26/2019 at 15:30, Jinxycat45 said:

Hi I was hungry too day 6 and I went to popeyes and got mashed potatoes and a lot of gravy and it went down very good and settled my stomach.

Why on earth would you go eat fast food right after having weight loss surgery........

So I will say I was hungry the moment I had the anathesia wear off. Legit craved a Protein Shake. So it was nope lady your not only giving us Water. So I had to wait until I was discharged. On the ride home 42 hours post op yes I counted I went to Walgreens filled my scripts got muscle milk drank that baby and was happy that was 6 months ago I've been less hungry and there have been days where I've been so distracted I forget to eat for 6-7 hours but I never stopped being hungry

Sent from my moto e5 play using BariatricPal mobile app

Dont give up! It does get better. The first 6 weeks were hard, even after I could eat food I struggled. It takes time for your brain to distance itself from your stomach. I would eat and be full but my head was telling me I was still hungry. I got through it but it took time. I had to stop and really enjoy the taste of the food. Savor the flavors. I know you arent there yet but you will be and it will be worth it.

I have been feeling the same way. I’m hungry all the time. 6 days out from surgery. I want to eat something ANYTHING that will make me feel full. It’s discouraging. I don’t want to screw up and eat (drink) the wrong thing but I feel like I’m starving myself.

I'm a year out. I've been getting hungry since the first week after surgery. Really hungry. I do get full but it doesn't last long. If I go to long without eating I can even still feel hungry and feel full (the restriction) at the same time. The lessened hunger that the sleeve is known for doesn't seem to be the case for everyone. You can still lose the weight though. I'm 5 pounds above my original goal. I have adjusted it down and would like to lose 15 more pounds (original goal 140 new goal 130). I'm thinking it will just be harder and take more work on my part to maintain the weight loss once I reach goal. But I'll still have my tool even if it isn't all I thought it would be.

I just had my sleeve done on Feb 25th. I'm 8 days out and starving as well. For my preop diet my doctor had me on a high Protein low carb diet. After surgery for the first 7 days nothing but liquids. Tomorrow is my post op and I am supposed to start Protein Shakes on top of the liquids and supplements for 2 weeks. I'm not supposed to start soft foods until March 21st but it feels like I wont make it. I just want some unsweetened applesauce with an egg or one of my fat free yogurts. For days I felt I was the only one feeling like this and thinking maybe the sleeve didn't work. But I'm hungry. I'm going to try putting my Protein Powder in the broth later to see if that helps.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

You can do it! It's not easy but you will get through it. I think a lot of what you go through at first has nothing to do with your stomach. Your brain tells you that you need to eat because we have trained it for so many years to do that. Try to find something to take up your time so you arent thinking about food. I know it's hard during recovery but you can do this! It will be so worth it.