Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm working on incorporating all the Vitamins and curious - what vitamins are you taking and how many mg of each? Also, do you find gummies easier? I don't like sweet drinks, so I can't do stick packs.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using BariatricPal mobile app

I take Bariatric Fusion chewable multi. My doc/nut says 4/day covers everything I need. So I don’t have to remember a bunch of different Vitamins. They have various flavors and you can get a sample pack to see if any work for you.

I just take Centrum or the CVS or Walgreens generic equivalent of Centrum (if you're supposed to start with chewables, as many of us are, CVS and Centrum both make a chewable form, too). I take two a day. We were told not to take gummies, but I'm an RNY'er, if that makes a difference.

Currently, I take a Gummy Calcium plus D3 in the morning and a regular One-A-Day for Women's caplet plus an Iron tablet in the evening.

I say "currently" because my Vitamin regime has changed several times since being sleeved. In the first 2 or 3 months, it took me a LONG time to figure out what worked for me. I developed a reaction to the adhesive of Patches. Every time I took my multi, I'd get nauseated. I tried chalky chewables, soft chewables, bariatric capsules, and finally settled on SF gummies. By the time I ran out of my super-store size gummies, I felt ready to try regular Vitamins and had the One-A-Day still on hand from before surgery (also super-store sized). For me, the timing of the vitamins was more important than the method. I always take with food or shortly after eating. If I don't take with food either I get nauseated or I burp up "vitamin" burps for about an hour.

to answer your questions about gummies: yes, I find them much easier. I was able to find sugar free ones and didn't feel guilty about it at all. I still do calcium gummies because my tummy is a little sensitive in the morning and I look forward to the small treat after Breakfast.

I'm taking GNC soft chews. I'm taking one a day of each of the following four:

(1) calcium citrate with 500 mg of Calcium citrate, 800 iu Vit. D3 and 60 mcg of Vita K-2

(2) Vitamin B12 2500 mcg

(3) Vitamin D-3 , 1000 IU

(4) ultra-mega women's daily soft chew Multivitamin

Has anyone been directed to take 1500mg of Calcium daily (divided into 3 doses at least an hour apart and of course away from other vitamins)? My pcp seems to think it's excessive but I don't wanna diiiiie! Lol. I also take a bariatric multi and a Biotin and once in awhile a dropperful of liquid b. I loathe the 3 doses of calcium.

4 minutes ago, Sweettoothless said:

Has anyone been directed to take 1500mg of Calcium daily (divided into 3 doses at least an hour apart and of course away from other vitamins)? My pcp seems to think it's excessive but I don't wanna diiiiie! Lol. I also take a bariatric multi and a Biotin and once in awhile a dropperful of liquid b. I loathe the 3 doses of Calcium.

re: calcium - I actually take 2000 mg (500 mg 4x a day) because I have osteoporosis, but 1500 mg (500 mg 3x a day) is pretty standard for RNY patients. Don't forget - we don't absorb everything 100%, which is why we have to do things like take two Multivitamins a day, too - whereas most people just take one. So no, 1500 mg is probably not excessive for a WLS patient.

P.S. VSG patients don't have the same malabsorbtion issues that RNY patients do, but I think most of them are told to take 1500 mg a day, too.

Edited by catwoman7

If you just got VSG, you can take normal Centrum multivitamin! That’s what my doctor said. I use the swallowable ones. I hated chewing those stupid, expensive Bariatric ones!

5 hours ago, Sweettoothless said:

Has anyone been directed to take 1500mg of Calcium daily (divided into 3 doses at least an hour apart and of course away from other vitamins)? My pcp seems to think it's excessive but I don't wanna diiiiie! Lol. I also take a bariatric multi and a Biotin and once in awhile a dropperful of liquid b. I loathe the 3 doses of Calcium.

This is how much I take and how I've been instructed to split them up. I take the Bariatric Advantage chewy ones and they're basically candy so I like taking them.