Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

48lbs to go...help!

I had my surgery 2/7/17 starting out at 335. I now weigh 198. I'm very happy with how far I've come but I didn't reach my goal weight by the first of the year like I had planned. I have a special occasion coming up in April and I really want to lose the last 48 pounds by then. I don't know what else I can do to lose it. That gives me about 11 weeks and I don't know what to do to lost that much weight in that amount of time. Please don't think I'm not thankful or grateful for where I am. I'm so much healthier. But I just want to be at my goal weight. I eat a low amount of calories and I'm moving much more. Maybe I need to up my physical activity but I feel as though that will make me more hungry. Any suggestions?

29 minutes ago, ~Primrose~ said:

I had my surgery 2/7/17 starting out at 335. I now weigh 198. I'm very happy with how far I've come but I didn't reach my goal weight by the first of the year like I had planned. I have a special occasion coming up in April and I really want to lose the last 48 pounds by then. I don't know what else I can do to lose it. That gives me about 11 weeks and I don't know what to do to lost that much weight in that amount of time. Please don't think I'm not thankful or grateful for where I am. I'm so much healthier. But I just want to be at my goal weight. I eat a low amount of calories and I'm moving much more. Maybe I need to up my physical activity but I feel as though that will make me more hungry. Any suggestions?

Hi there..why don't you try the intermittant fasting...a lot of folks are doing it on this site and everywhere, Doctor Oz had a segment on his show about how great it is, you can google him. There is a thread that you can follow to guide you along on this site. Just do a search in the search section.

Try not to focus so much on the number because if you do not get to that exact number then you will be dissapointed with yourself. You may lose 15-20 and that's still great and you will be closer to goal. The woman that started the thread, I think that she's at goal and doing very well, you could ask her questions and she'll be happy to explain it to you.

I wish you all the best. You can do it!! 😉

26 minutes ago, Wanda247 said:

Try not to focus so much on the number because if you do not get to that exact number then you will be dissapointed with yourself. You may lose 15-20 and that's still great and you will be closer to goal.

I agree.

Taking it a step further, it is likely an unrealistic goal that you will lose 4 pounds a week to make goal weight in the time frame you have selected. Once you have less to lose, the losses are going to get smaller and it’s going to take longer to lose weight.

You have done fantastic so far and if you keep following your plan, you will probably lose the 15-20 pounds like Wanda mentioned. If you lose more great!

Either way you will look better in April than you could have dreamed two years ago, and that is worth celebrating!

Thank you both! Makes a lot of sense. I truly appreciate it!!😊

Primrose, Congrats on loosing the 137. 😍🤩 Proud of the great job you have done. Yes it feels that the closer you get to the goal we set up for ourselves the harder it gets. My goal is my daughter's wedding in Dec. 2019 and I'm already stressing out. I have another 40 to go and can not get go down on the scale. I keep hearing that we have to change things up because our body's know what to expect. Best of luck! Please share if you find something that is working for you.

Thank you! Congratulations to you as well on your weight loss success! I'll let you know if I figure anything out.😉 You have a year and you've come this far I know you can do it. Even if it's slow, it should be doable by December. Good luck and congratulations on your daughters wedding! How exciting!

Yes very exciting. I already told her I’m wearing a Hot but classy dress. 😂🎊