Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 minute ago, Missouri-Lee's Summit said:

Glad to hear that she was pretty much just quizzing you as a way to find out how serious you are. Maybe it's just me, but people who aren't even motivated to do basic research are probably poor candidates.

I agree. I think most of them are looking for a quick fix or a magic bullet but don't understand the lifetime commitment weight loss surgery entails.

I’m scheduled 2/21 for VSG! So nervous but excited. Pre op diet starts 2/7!! Keep us posted on how you do.

Project me. What is your preop diet. I have my surgery on February 18. Nutrition appointment on February 4th

Just now, TheMarine79 said:

Project me. What is your preop diet. I have my surgery on February 18. Nutrition appointment on February 4th

I'm not doing anything special until I go on the liquid diet two weeks before surgery (hopefully I get my date tomorrow!). The nutritionist provided a very complicated regimen that did include low-calorie/no sugar/no carb regular food, but it seemed like a bit too much work. I've decided to simply do Protein Shakes (Premium Protein) for those two weeks.

Same. It’s two weeks; 1 meal a day, low cal/low fat /low sugar/carb with unlimited Protein Shakes. I’m just doing salads (chicken or salmon) with skinny girl or Walden farm dressing. I suggest knowing what Protein shakes you’re going to use prior bc some people are sensitive to certain ones. And heads up Costco’s premium protein shakes are on sale this month. 👍🏻

Hi Newme2019! Welcome! You go two days before my gastric bypass. Best wishes!!

I saw my surgeon today and got a surgery date--February 25. Woo-hoo!

7 minutes ago, Recidivist said:

I saw my surgeon today and got a surgery date--February 25. Woo-hoo!

Awesome news! Feb 25 will be here in no time :)

Off to my psych appointment. I am nervous AF but I'm sure it will be okay... met with my regular psychologist this morning and she's happy to support me, so... that's gotta count for something, right? [emoji51]

Sent from my CPH1719 using BariatricPal mobile app

Emz, just be yourself
Thanks, Marine [emoji4]
I have an hour to figure out who that is... wish me luck! [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

I have a long history of depression/anxiety with a suicide attempt thrown in the mix... it's just hard to go over that with someone new.
I also reported historical indecent assaults by my grandfather (when I wss a teen into my early 20s) last year and went thru a loooong process with the police, which no doubt will come up too. It's still painful, but I'm so ready to claim my self and my body back for ME.

Urgh, feelings.

Hey EmzBee--

What is the phsyc eval like in New Zealand? I'm in the United States and I was surprised at how limited mine was. All the psychiatrist did was give me a quiz of about 100 true of false questions. I take meds for both anxiety and depression and that wasn't even discussed. She seemed to want to know about my outlook about food, ensure I knew what life would be like after surgery, whether I had a support team, and general stuff--nothing too invasive. The meds never came up (even though I listed them). Some of the questions on the assessment were sort of funny to me--like "true or false, you were on the cover of 50 magazines during the past year." I think the assessment was to ensure I wasn't delusional. Some folks have issues with that. I think you will be fine, especially if you talk about what you are anxious about re: the surgery. But, like I said, it might be a lot different in New Zealand! Best wishes!

Hey EmzBee--

What is the phsyc eval like in New Zealand? I'm in the United States and I was surprised at how limited mine was. All the psychiatrist did was give me a quiz of about 100 true of false questions. I take meds for both anxiety and depression and that wasn't even discussed. She seemed to want to know about my outlook about food, ensure I knew what life would be like after surgery, whether I had a support team, and general stuff--nothing too invasive. The meds never came up (even though I listed them). Some of the questions on the assessment were sort of funny to me--like "true or false, you were on the cover of 50 magazines during the past year." I think the assessment was to ensure I wasn't delusional. Some folks have issues with that. I think you will be fine, especially if you talk about what you are anxious about re: the surgery. But, like I said, it might be a lot different in New Zealand! Best wishes!
You're right -- chances are I'm overthinking it. It's only an hour... and I can prove I'm working on the other stuff with an external psychologist.

Phew. Okay. Anxiety levels decreasing.

Thank you [emoji171]

Emz, my psych evaluation was basically like smedae described. He wanted to know why I was doing this, how much I knew about the support and lifestyle changes, what my support network was like, etc. It was a non-event.