Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds



Recommended Posts

How is everyone doing?

Today is Friday, been on liquids since Monday. Much better now than in the beginning. My stomach is not happy today. I’m out of my favorite Protein flavors until delivery on Tuesday. I think a revolt is being staged w my stomach leading the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's exciting to see the February team starting on their pre-op liquids! I'm probably the last and will start on February 11.

The nutritionist at my hospital said that we should avoid stocking up on Protein drinks to have after surgery because your taste can change dramatically. She said that many people who liked the creamier drinks before surgery find them repulsive afterwards and prefer watery ones. Has anyone else been told that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/23/2019 at 10:24 PM, Gottajustdoit said:

That's amazing. I guess all surgeons have different requirements. I have to be on a complete all-liquid diet 10 days before surgery. Its gonna be hard!

I'm on all liquids for two weeks before surgery as well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me too, mine starts Monday. I’m all stocked up and ready, but I know it’s going to be brutal. I’m trying to think of things I can distract myself with when it gets tough, but I live in a small town, not much going on here, no malls or department stores....idk, I need to figure out a plan.....call a friend I guess😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recidivist--I too have heard that tastes can change dramatically after surgery. I have not heard about the consistency changing though (that is, from creamy to watery). I have been drinking Atkins shakes for a few years now in the car on my long commute to work. I like them so hoping I will still like them after the surgery. I do not like strawberry or vanilla shakes, so hope at least I will still like chocolate ones!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey my February surgery friends! I’m somehow surviving my liquid pre op diet. Today is Sunday and I’m down 10 pounds since Monday! I know the weight loss will be slower next week, but I really hope to get another 5 pounds off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 01/25/2019 at 20:41, taylormomto6 said:

Me too, mine starts Monday. I’m all stocked up and ready, but I know it’s going to be brutal. I’m trying to think of things I can distract myself with when it gets tough, but I live in a small town, not much going on here, no malls or department stores....idk, I need to figure out a plan.....call a friend I guess😂
Good luck tomorrow! The first day was definitely the hardest. Day 2 was significantly better. I did have to swig some Pickle Juice in the beginning to combat a severe headache at one point. No headaches after day 2. The first few days I would take naps when I got home. sleeping through some of it helped. I do not recommend my Saturday activity of watching Diners, drive ins, and dives. I swear I could smell food cooking in my house (I live alone no cooking going on at all).

Don’t forget to get measurements weight and photos!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/23/2019 at 1:30 AM, jenniefeefee said:

Feb 13th here! I start my liquid diet on Jan 30. So excited/nervous!!

We are surgery buddies! I'm going in on Feb 13 at 9:30 with surgery at 11:30am. I understand my surgeon has a "hard surgery" (whatever that means) before mine so hope mine will be a breeze when he's done with the first!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, ldawn said:

Hey my February surgery friends! I’m somehow surviving my liquid pre op diet. Today is Sunday and I’m down 10 pounds since Monday! I know the weight loss will be slower next week, but I really hope to get another 5 pounds off.

This is so exciting. I have completed 6 days of my Pre-op liquid diet. I am down 14 pounds. This has been a great start. I have been varying my shakes and meals with Bone Broth and Tomato Soup. The sugar free popsicles and Jello are great fillers. Not hungry or no hangry pains. I will say that you have to stay busy on the weekend. And I started walking during the week after work to develop my exercise plan. February 5th is just around the corner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm glad I found this forum. My surgery date is scheduled for February 5th. I went for my pre OP Friday to get my final pre surgery instructions. I've already bought my utensils, Multi Vitamins, Protein Shakes and powders and have my shopping list ready for needed fresh ingredients; any suggestions of other things I may need? I read someone said lip balm and nasal spray for hosp so I will pack that and comfy clothes.

Edited by Rayeh7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello I have the same surgery date. My pre-op is Tuesday. How is the liquid diet going for you. I’m actually embracing mine and losing during it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Greg White said:

This is so exciting. I have completed 6 days of my Pre-op liquid diet. I am down 14 pounds. This has been a great start. I have been varying my shakes and meals with Bone Broth and Tomato Soup. The sugar free popsicles and Jello are great fillers. Not hungry or no hangry pains. I will say that you have to stay busy on the weekend. And I started walking during the week after work to develop my exercise plan. February 5th is just around the corner.

It is right around the corner. My liver diet has gone surprisingly well thus far, I thought it would be harder. I'm glad my surgery will be early in the morning. I'm scheduled for 7:00 am and it can't get here soon enough for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 01/27/2019 at 22:36, Rayeh7 said:



I'm glad I found this forum. My surgery date is scheduled for February 5th. I went for my pre OP Friday to get my final pre surgery instructions. I've already bought my utensils, multi Vitamins, Protein Shakes and powders and have my shopping list ready for needed fresh ingredients; any suggestions of other things I may need? I read someone said lip balm and nasal spray for hosp so I will pack that and comfy clothes.


I heard it’s good to have a stool softener at home for when you need it. I would also say broth and cream Soups for post op diet. Oh, and a strainer.

We are on the same day! When do you start your pre op diet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×