Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds

Tomorrow is the day. I will get my band to bypass surgery and I have severe anxiety. I have had a few surgeries but I have never been this nervous. I have to be at he hospital at 5:30am and I am on an all clear liquid diet today. Needless to say, I don’t have an appetite anyway!

16 hours ago, TheMarine79 said:

2b smaller. I am scheduled on February 18th as well. What is your diet liked

Since my BMI is less than 40 there is no pre op diet.

1 hour ago, Gotta win 4me said:

Tomorrow is the day. I will get my band to bypass surgery and I have severe anxiety. I have had a few surgeries but I have never been this nervous. I have to be at he hospital at 5:30am and I am on an all clear liquid diet today. Needless to say, I don’t have an appetite anyway!

I think the best way to handle anxiety pre surgery is to make lists, make sure you have everything ready so you feel you have some control. Have some good books or magazines and try to look forward to down time. I know that sounds crazy but that is my plan. I even added some silly games to my phone that are distracting and mindless.

On 02/06/2019 at 10:44, Courtney said:

Congrats everyone! I had my surgery yesterday the 5th! Sounds like a lot of you have around the same date! Good luck to everyone healing and those waiting
Yay, Courtney! Congratulations! How are you feeling? I hope you have a super speedy recovery!!

I’m back home now. Doing very good. Today I feel sore. Some of the incisions sting. I’m moving without any problems.

Congratulations, Idawn and Courtney! Showing us all the way it's done :)

Gosh, I disappeared for a while, didn't I? Nice to finally catch up with everyone and see where we're all at. I notice we now have quadruplets (or, potentially quintuplets??) booked on the 13th! How exciting!!

I've now finished my pre-pre op diet and I'm on to my plain old pre-op diet--no room for the occasional cheat day now.

Since December, I've lost a total of 35 pounds! I'm already noticing a difference--clothes are a lot looser, certain activities and day-to-day functionality is a lot easier.

My focus is now on getting my fitness up before surgery. That, and I have a manuscript to edit for a client and a book I'm trying to finish by the end of the month for a competition... it's nice to be busy, though!

Looking forward to hearing updates from our first bunch of post-ops! Go Team February! =D

6 hours ago, 2Bsmaller18 said:

Since my BMI is less than 40 there is no pre op diet.

My BMI is 38 but my surgeon wants me to do a full two weeks of liquid diet before surgery. It may not be necessary, but it certainly can't hurt.

It's pretty exciting to see the February club starting to have their surgeries--and it certainly makes it seem real for those of us who are coming up soon. It sounds like everyone who has had surgery is doing well so far, which is great news.

I have still not started my pre-op diet--I will next Monday (Feb. 11). Is there anyone else with a February surgery date who isn't on the liquid diet yet?

Please keep the updates coming--they are very reassuring!

15 minutes ago, Recidivist said:

It's pretty exciting to see the February club starting to have their surgeries--and it certainly makes it seem real for those of us who are coming up soon. It sounds like everyone who has had surgery is doing well so far, which is great news.

I have still not started my pre-op diet--I will next Monday (Feb. 11). Is there anyone else with a February surgery date who isn't on the liquid diet yet?

Please keep the updates coming--they are very reassuring!

So glad to hear of those who have had the surgery and are feeling well! I am one-week out (guess I'm one of the quads/quints with a Feb 13 surgery) and I just finished my umpteenth bowl of sugar-free green Jello-O. Ugh. I had my preop physical for clearance today and all looks good. Bloodwork tomorrow. I love my primary doctor. After my physical she gave me a hug and wished me good luck. I had tears in my eyes. What doctor does that? I am blessed! Wish I could pay all the hugs forward to all of you. That small gesture meant so much to me.

3 hours ago, ldawn said:

I’m back home now. Doing very good. Today I feel sore. Some of the incisions sting. I’m moving without any problems.

Awesome!!!! Keep on moving!

1 hour ago, EmzBee said:

Congratulations, Idawn and Courtney! Showing us all the way it's done :)

Gosh, I disappeared for a while, didn't I? Nice to finally catch up with everyone and see where we're all at. I notice we now have quadruplets (or, potentially quintuplets??) booked on the 13th! How exciting!!

I've now finished my pre-pre op diet and I'm on to my plain old pre-op diet--no room for the occasional cheat day now.

Since December, I've lost a total of 35 pounds! I'm already noticing a difference--clothes are a lot looser, certain activities and day-to-day functionality is a lot easier.

My focus is now on getting my fitness up before surgery. That, and I have a manuscript to edit for a client and a book I'm trying to finish by the end of the month for a competition... it's nice to be busy, though!

Looking forward to hearing updates from our first bunch of post-ops! Go Team February! =D

Congrats on the weight loss PRE surgery! I see your weight goal and I bet anything you'll blow by it. Nice!

7 hours ago, 2Bsmaller18 said:

I think the best way to handle anxiety pre surgery is to make lists, make sure you have everything ready so you feel you have some control. Have some good books or magazines and try to look forward to down time. I know that sounds crazy but that is my plan. I even added some silly games to my phone that are distracting and mindless.

Do you have the Calm app on your phone? I don't but have been thinking of getting it. I keep seeing it pop up on Facebook and it looks like it might chill me out. Other ideas are just listening to quiet music and breathing in and out. I suffer anxiety and I know how awful it is. Hang in there!