Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

People with no more than 100 pounds to lose

It really depends on how much activity you do to help burn plus how much Protein or calories you intake.

I think you should feel happy only needing 100lbs loss not 200/300/400 I watch MY 600LB LIFE and think how is it possible for someone to get to 600lbs without anybody in the family saying something you know, I've been unhealthy most of my life since about 12, but I've never been above 325lbs in my life.

I'm currently 318 and being that I'm a tall guy I'm aiming for 180lbs which is 140lb needed. I'm glad that's all I need.

I can only Imagine how it would feel being told sorry you need to lose 400lbs!

I have 35kgs (80 pounds) to lose and have been losing 1kg a week which is on par with 10 pounds a month

2 minutes ago, Phoebes04 said:

I have 35kgs (80 pounds) to lose and have been losing 1kg a week which is on par with 10 pounds a month

That's alright everyone goes their own pace, some can lose 80lbs in 6 months!

On 2/12/2019 at 11:18 PM, Mikeyy said:

It really depends on how much activity you do to help burn plus how much Protein or calories you intake.

I beg to differ. Losing weight happens in the kitchen not the gym. Many studies have shown that exercise/activity is not critical for weight loss, and in fact, often causes people to consume excess calories. I am not saying not to exercise as it is helpful for joint flexibility, heart health, muscle mass and improved mental health; however, at the end of the day, how much you lose is most impacted by what and how much you eat. Where exercise is most beneficial is for maintenance of weight loss once you reach goal weight.

6 hours ago, MarinaGirl said:

I beg to differ. Losing weight happens in the kitchen not the gym. Many studies have shown that exercise/activity is not critical for weight loss, and in fact, often causes people to consume excess calories. I am not saying not to exercise as it is helpful for joint flexibility, heart health, muscle mass and improved mental health; however, at the end of the day, how much you lose is most impacted by what and how much you eat. Where exercise is most beneficial is for maintenance of weight loss once you reach goal weight.

I'm somewhere between the two of you. i do believe that following a strict diet is by far the most important component in weight loss. However, I also believe that exercise contributes to weight loss.

On 2/14/2019 at 11:56 AM, MarinaGirl said:

Agreed! I haven't exercised a single day since my surgery. I am however ready to start so I can maintain.

Well I’m 3.5 weeks out and down 18 pounds. It’s probably about what you’d expect from someone with my BMI. I’m still in the puréed stage so I can’t really say how much diet impacts weight loss yet but I I have tried to keep myself active and not lay around. My surgeon did tell me that if I want to keep my weight down for the rest of my life I will need to hit the gym very regularly. I am 51 and come from a long line of overweight people so exercise will be critical for my long-term success. I know that that’s true because it’s the only way that I’ve ever been able to lose weight in my life. I’ve been on diets and lost pretty much nothing but when I actually start going to the gym I lose.

I think the bottom line is that everyone is different and there is no one-size-fits-all solution. We each know our bodies very well and know what we need to be successful.

Had 145 to lose... lost 130ish then had a kidney removed and cancer treatment on the other... so gained some back. Working on losing the last 45 still and two years out

Ugh. 6 weeks and not much progress. Looks like I’ll be a slow loser

Following

Slow loser here. My starting weight was 245, my weight the day of surgery was 219 (July 11) and now I weigh 183. My goal weight is 160. I'm a little discouraged it hasn't been faster, but I don't have that much farther to go.

100lbs - still a great result of course!

9FF05E6C-15D2-4496-8091-0A5D10B2DF33.jpeg