Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dumping....a right of VSG passage?

So I'm 7 days out, just starting purees today. Had to pop in at a work party and of course there was NO food I could eat. I did down a yogurt before I went, but sitting there with food in my face became a THING! So I dipped celery into a smooth dip. And it was good. So I did that several times. Still good.

Fast forward 45 minutes until I arrived home and guess what?? Out she goes! I didn't think about the fat content that might have been in ranch dip, I thought, oh well, similar to yogurt, probs has Protein, I should be good.

Pouchie says "That's a no from me Dawg!!!"

Yep, anything too rich and creamy just explodes out the other end of me!

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

Like NOW! I dunno why but this makes me happy. I think there is a little part of me that thinks maybe this didn’t or won’t work, and this validated that it did! I a twisted sister!

Ooooof! Glad you had the comforts of home to deal with the aftermath!

*Bursts In*

Am I Late? No? Good because this is my type of party 🎉🌈👏🎉👍

Welcome to the club, we get Jackets in spring of 2019, membership dues are 10 packets of WholeEarth sweetener, we meet by the food Before and After Photos thread around lunch.< /em>

4 hours ago, Myhorseisfattoo said:

I didn’t eat the celery. I used it like a spoon!

I hope there was no double dipping!

*Bursts In*
Am I Late? No? Good because this is my type of party [emoji322][emoji304][emoji122][emoji322][emoji106]
Welcome to the club, we get Jackets in spring of 2019, membership dues are 10 packets of WholeEarth sweetener, we meet by the food Before and After Photos thread around lunch.< /i>
Lol. Thanks for the laugh!

Like NOW! I dunno why but this makes me happy. I think there is a little part of me that thinks maybe this didn’t or won’t work, and this validated that it did! I a twisted sister!
I totally get you, I'm the same way. It is a (smelly) reminder that I have a tool to help me lose weight. 🤪

11 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

*Bursts In*

Am I Late? No? Good because this is my type of party 🎉🌈👏🎉👍

Welcome to the club, we get Jackets in spring of 2019, membership dues are 10 packets of WholeEarth sweetener, we meet by the food Before and After Photos thread around lunch.

Of course you aren't late! Pretty sure you are the chairperson!

That’s not dumping syndrome. Dumping syndrome is when you eat too many carbs and/or too much sugar and feel like crap afterwards. I don’t know what this is, but I’d kill to be that regular.

I thought dumping is when you eat something that is too rich or fatty or whatever and tummy says "no way" and dumps it out of you?

4 hours ago, Myhorseisfattoo said:

I thought dumping is when you eat something that is too rich or fatty or whatever and tummy says "no way" and dumps it out of you?

I think that’s just your new stomach not tolerating some food you just ate.

My understanding is that dumping occurred after an intolerable sugar or calorie load where the body rushes Fluid to the intestine to help move the food quickly through and that sudden imbalance causes symptoms like light headedness, feeling flushed, nausea, etc.

Too much fat causes explosive diarrhea. But I don't know if it also causes dumping. It hasn't with me.