Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

I was thinking this time of year is stressful for a lot of people in terms of weight loss and a perfect gift to yourself would be (if you can handle it) to put the scale away. While that's really hard for a lot of people to successfully do, the seasonally appropriate way to put the scale ways to gift wrap it to yourself .

Maybe first toss the old batteries - probably need new ones to recalibrate it and gift wrap those too, then gift wrap the scale to open it the appropriate time .

You can give yourself the gift of being stressed free about constantly weighing yourself during this time if it causes you anxiety, when you should be really focusing on living life and spending time with your family and friends. If it doesn't this post is not for you.

An even bigger gift is when you open the scale you can use the number that reads as your new beginning weight (whether you open it in the New Year's or just after the holiday) and not worry about the ups and downs or the Stalls. Still track and measure foods and hydrate. Run the idea past your teams as usual.

Let me know what y'all think!

Safe Journey 🎈

Edited by GreenTealael

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we put them in gift bags if we don't know how to use wrapping paper? ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Now that I have a PICC LINE, my traction for wrapping is skewed also, like Mousecat I'll bag mine also.😝

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, mousecat88 said:

Can we put them in gift bags if we don't know how to use wrapping paper? ;)

As long as enough temptation to use it is removed, sure!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That’s a great idea though I’m not sure I could do it. I weigh myself every day (I know I’m crazy and obsessed - no need to tell me - LOL!) I’m only 10 weeks post-sleeve but I’m so nervous about gaining back any of the weight I’ve lost. I don’t freak if I stay the same (I had a 3 week stall) but I do NOT want to gain!! Maybe I could start slow and do every other day?!!! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GreenTealael said:

I was thinking this time of year is stressful for a lot of people in terms of weight loss and a perfect gift to yourself would be (if you can handle it) to put the scale away. While that's really hard for a lot of people to successfully do, the seasonally appropriate way to put the scale ways to gift wrap it to yourself .

Maybe first toss the old batteries - probably need new ones to recalibrate it and gift wrap those too, then gift wrap the scale to open it the appropriate time .

You can give yourself the gift of being stressed free about constantly weighing yourself during this time if it causes you anxiety, when you should be really focusing on living life and spending time with your family and friends. If it doesn't this post is not for you.

An even bigger gift is when you open the scale you can use the number that reads as your new beginning weight (whether you open it in the New Year's or just after the holiday) and not worry about the ups and downs or the Stalls. Still track and measure foods and hydrate. Run the idea past your teams as usual.

Let me know what y'all think!

Safe Journey 🎈

Hahahahaha! Screw you! ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Could you imagine unwrapping to your goal?!?!?!

Gosh wouldn't that be something? But sadly it would also include some magical thinking smoke n' mirrors delusional thinking serious letters to Santa, and unicorns and rainbows flying from my posterior orifice. :D 🦄 :565_rainbow:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Gosh wouldn't that be something? But sadly it would also include some magical thinking smoke n' mirrors delusional thinking serious letters to Santa, and unicorns and rainbows flying from my posterior orifice. :D 🦄 :565_rainbow:

Well...

wrap you scale, start your list & shop at your local prestidigitationer's store

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Could you imagine unwrapping to your goal?!?!?!

I actually put my scale in the trunk of my car Saturday morning and will take it out Thursday night to weigh myself Friday morning and then put it back in the trunk when I go out to leave for work. I'm sick of the scale but my clothes are steady getting to big for me.

I refuse to let the scaled dictate my success...I have to admit I was having some scale withdrawals though LOL. I think the stress of getting on the scale stalls weight (well at least that's what I want to believe 😂) I will keep you all posted to see how it works for me...I'm 1 pound away from Onderland but that darn scale keeps going up and down LOL Can I just get there please.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Wanda247 said:

I actually put my scale in the trunk of my car Saturday morning and will take it out Thursday night to weigh myself Friday morning and then put it back in the trunk when I go out to leave for work. I'm sick of the scale but my clothes are steady getting to big for me.

I refuse to let the scaled dictate my success...I have to admit I was having some scale withdrawals though LOL. I think the stress of getting on the scale stalls weight (well at least that's what I want to believe 😂) I will keep you all posted to see how it works for me...I'm 1 pound away from Onderland but that darn scale keeps going up and down LOL Can I just get there please.....

CONGRATS on figuring out what works for you, and its not like when you finally hit Onederland you grow wings and magically fly away to a new world. You are still just as worthy as you were X amount of lbs ago.

A scale cannot tell you who you are, who you will become, the quality of your character and not necessarily even the quality of your health.

It can only generalize the force of Earth's gravitational pull against you. To me, and I may be alone, that just seems like pretty boring standard to live by.

Edited by GreenTealael

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

CONGRATS on figuring out what works for you, and its not like when you finally hit Onederland you grow wings and magically fly away to a new world. You are still just as worthy as you were X amount of lbs ago.

A scale cannot tell you who you are, who you will become, the quality of your character and not necessarily even the quality of your health.

It can only generalize the force of Earth's gravitational pull against you. To me, and I may be alone, that just seems like pretty boring standard to live by.

Agree to disagree...but they you know me and my "special challenges" ;) hahaha! But it is a lovely thought!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

CONGRATS on figuring out what works for you, and its not like when you finally hit Onederland you grow wings and magically fly away to a new world. You are still just as worthy as you were X amount of lbs ago.

A scale cannot tell you who you are, who you will become, the quality of your character and not necessarily even the quality of your health.

It can only generalize the force of Earth's gravitational pull against you. To me, and I may be alone, that just seems like pretty boring standard to live by.

Thanks and I agree with you....It's been over 23 plus years since I've seen a (1xx) on the scale so that is just one of my personal goals for myself that's all. Getting off of my diabetes meds was the biggest goal and I have achieved that and it's only getting better!! 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Agree to disagree...but they you know me and my "special challenges" ;) hahaha! But it is a lovely thought!

There should be new formulas like weight/effort x √of blog hours

Lol

Edited by GreenTealael

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactly my friend! You get me. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Featured Surgeons

    1. Masoud Rezvani

      Woodbridge, Virginia 22191

    2. Lisa Medvetz

      Downingtown, Pennsylvania 19335
      800-282-0066

  • Recent Topics

  • Recent Status Updates

    • Jenwill630

      Woohooooooo!
      1 week from today and I get to be a loser!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • ms.sleeve

      Looking on the bright side: both a loss of 1lb/week and a loss of 4lbs/week are LOSSES.  So long as the trendline is going down, I'm happy.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • boringtessa

      Thought I'd give an update.  I'm over half way to my goal, which is awesome, and I've lost over 12 inches in my waist!  The weight isn't coming off as quickly as I had hoped, but I am also not exercising and still not getting even close to the amount of water I should be drinking, so slow weight loss is not all that surprising.  Sometimes I'm just "over it" and try to eat huge portions like I used to, but, thankfully, I feel the restriction of my smaller stomach and can't go crazy.  In general, I'm quite good, just trying to live my life.
      I now have a motivation to start exercising, though... I booked a plane ticket to Germany for the end of September, so this is a good chance to get strong, get hydrated, and reach my weight goal.
      · 1 reply
      1. Jenwill630

        WTG that is awesome!

    • Liz The New Me

      Wow looking through my own eyes I just don't see 50 lbs done.  I took the side my side picture from 4 months ago to today's and can only see some change.  I hope I can keep loosing.  I just read that the window or the honeymoon stage of weight lost is in the first 4 months after that it will slow down and you have to work even harder to keep it going.  Trying to keep positive even if it is one pound I lost in 2 weeks.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Anniejs

      So I had my surgery on Jan 7th. At this point I haven't eaten anything for 2 weeks am giving myself my injections. I can barely stomach the protein shakes that I am to have twice a day. I have noticed a small weight loss not as much as I thought I would have since I haven't eaten anything. I haven't started working out at the gym yet. I broke in a horrible case of hives from my incisions but have since been cleared up. I didn't really have any nausea from my surgery. I don't even feel like I had surgery. I am sure once I start eating  I will notice. To ask others. I have sleeve surgery so wondering if anyone else out there had this surgery how did you feel after. When did you start eating foods. I am nervous to start eating. I drink my 64oz plus water a day but that's about it that I am taking in other than the occasional sugar free Popsicle.  
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Trending Topics

  • Magazine Articles

    1. How to Tell Your Loved Ones about Weight Loss Surgery

      Posted in: Pre-Op Support
      Alex Brecher
    2. New Year’s Resolutions

      Posted in: Support
      Alex Brecher
    3. Go With Your Gut!

      Posted in: Mental Health
      Louisa Latela, LCSW, LCADC
    4. The Most Wonderful Time of the Year – Really!

      Posted in: Post-Op Support
      Alex Brecher
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×