Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Islamobiles!!!

Well yes, it is offensive. But isn't that what a lot of humor is all about. Stereotypes in the extremes are the main fodder for all of the late night comics. Whether or not something is funny is usually based on your own experience. From an American point of view, a car strictly for any religion would be a ridiculous concept.

Someone who sees my point ! WOOHOOO there is hope :whoo:

Except for the Pope Mobile LOLOLOLOL Man I want one of those !

.He didn't call them Sand"insert N word". Now that would have been screwed up and I would have agreed.

So as long as he doesn't use the N word its ok in principle to be racist.

You tell me the last time that you saw a white man telling Jokes about ghetto blacks in a room full of black people???

Do you want to rewrite that joke and put in every black sterotype you can think of?

Muslim is not a race its a Religion - So is Judaeism.... does that mean that the holocaust wasnt a race issue? I'll bet there were a load of Jewish jokes going around Germany in 1933.

.He didn't call them Sand"insert N word". Now that would have been screwed up and I would have agreed.

So as long as he doesn't use the N word its ok in principle to be racist.

You tell me the last time that you saw a white man telling Jokes about ghetto blacks in a room full of black people???

Do you want to rewrite that joke and put in every black sterotype you can think of?

Muslim is not a race its a Religion - So is Judaeism.... does that mean that the holocaust wasnt a race issue? I'll bet there were a load of Jewish jokes going around Germany in 1933.

I can think of many black comedians that make jokes about whites and Mexicans that make jokes about blacks and so on so your argument is mute.

That isnt what I said though is it. If it isnt ok to make jokes about black men when you are white, then it isnt ok to make them about Muslims, especially in the current political climate.

I think we have all become so thin skinned and PC that people are afraid to say anything. The post did not advocate hate or violence against anyone. I was raised in the 50s when everything was fair game. I think it was an easier time. People were not so up-tight. I guess i just do not believe free speech should be restricted an any way. The way we are going pretty soon off color jokes will be against the law. Donna

OK, I can't help to find most Derrick's posts funny and sarcastic in a good humorous way..and I also think he is a good guy, even though I've known him here for not so long..., but I have that feeling that he IS a good guy.....I do think the way he puts things is hilarious, and I have to agree with Phyllis on what she said:

"But isn't that what a lot of humor is all about. Stereotypes in the extremes are the main fodder for all of the late night comics. "

But I can understand all with a different opinion.

Like I said PC world gone wild when someone can't take a joke. I am FAR from a racist and I am sure Derrick is. He made an off collar joke and thats all it was. So since 9/11 we are not allowed to tease a certain religion. Persecuted? Are you seriously kidding me? So I guess you have never heard all the jokes about Catholics and there priests. Give me a break people.

I can point you to a thread NINA that states the Rants and Raves section is not for wussies and besides Muslim is not a race its a Religion. He didn't call them Sand"insert N word". Now that would have been screwed up and I would have agreed. With all the religion bashing some in this thread have done they should have no room to comment.

Besides he just used satire on whats going on in present day society.

Facts*

-Some Muslims have more than one wives in certain countries

-They do stop for prayer 5 times a day

-Many do spout off anti-Jewish hate (Iranian President, also where car may be built)

-Lately there are an awful lot of them using the excuse of Jihad to blow up themselves or there cars to kill western people. Unless people have not watched the news EVER.

So break it down a bit.

I also found the joke to be tasteless, inventive, and very funny. And to let you know where I am coming from, well, I am one of the left-wing nuts who has always believed that Bush was wrong to invade Iraq. I will mention that I also adore Canuck, women, and blonde jokes: all are categories into which I fit. I have also heard some absolutely brilliant Jewish jokes, another category to which I can lay claim. All I ask of a joke is that it be inventive, witty, and funny. The best humour is usually unsafe. Jokes often do hinge on stereotypes and humour is by nature a complex response to life and to its stresses.

Lenny Bruce's brilliant, bitter, and very funny rant about Jews and Jesus Christ is a case in point. For those of you who have never heard of Bruce and this particularly disturbing rant, let me explain: Bruce was a stand-up comedian who was notorious for crashing through the barriers of acceptable, and he had one particular piece where he liked to say something along the lines of "Jesus Christ? Yep, we killed him. He was one of us, but we killed him. And you oughta be glad that we didn't have modern technology in those times. Otherwise you would all be wearing little gold electric chairs around your necks instead of crosses."

Lenny Bruce's savage rap was both chilling and very, very funny because it carried the stated reasons which many Christians claimed for their anti-Semiticism to the extreme. (By the way, he was a comedian who was active in the late 50s and early 60s - the conformist decades - of the last century.)

We have now Jeff Foxworthy who jokes about being a redneck and we have such comics as Dave Chappelle, Chris Rock, etc who are utterly brilliant on black/race issues. South Park does not respect the Geneva Convention when it comes to exempting people/s from reaping the consequences of their idiotic behaviour. Why then should this kinda cute little joke about the Muslim vehicle not be appreciated? Hell, the proper response, in my opinion, is to snicker and then move on in order to imagine what would make for a fine Fundy, Catholic, Jewish, Hindu, Southern belle, JAP, blonde or atheist car. After all, we all belong to some kind of stereotype, do we not?

My advice to the Politically Correkt gang is to take a chill pill. My advice to Muslims is to take a chill pill and to join the 21st century. There certainly is room for you here. Just as you had traditionally made room for the dhimmi so, too, are the dhimmi prepared to make room for you. It is just a question of opening your hearts in order to engage in dialogue. This present state of affairs certainly is a mess.

I also found the joke to be tasteless, inventive, and very funny. And to let you know where I am coming from, well, I am one of the left-wing nuts who has always believed that Bush was wrong to invade Iraq. I will mention that I also adore Canuck, women, and blonde jokes: all are categories into which I fit. I have also heard some absolutely brilliant Jewish jokes, another category to which I can lay claim. All I ask of a joke is that it be inventive, witty, and funny. The best humour is usually unsafe. Jokes often do hinge on stereotypes and humour is by nature a complex response to life and to its stresses.

Lenny Bruce's brilliant, bitter, and very funny rant about Jews and Jesus Christ is a case in point. For those of you who have never heard of Bruce and this particularly disturbing rant, let me explain: Bruce was a stand-up comedian who was notorious for crashing through the barriers of acceptable, and he had one particular piece where he liked to say something along the lines of "Jesus Christ? Yep, we killed him. He was one of us, but we killed him. And you oughta be glad that we didn't have modern technology in those times. Otherwise you would all be wearing little gold electric chairs around your necks instead of crosses."

Lenny Bruce's savage rap was both chilling and very, very funny because it carried the stated reasons which many Christians claimed for their anti-Semiticism to the extreme. (By the way, he was a comedian who was active in the late 50s and early 60s - the conformist decades - of the last century.)

We have now Jeff Foxworthy who jokes about being a redneck and we have such comics as Dave Chappelle, Chris Rock, etc who are utterly brilliant on black/race issues. South Park does not respect the Geneva Convention when it comes to exempting people/s from reaping the consequences of their idiotic behaviour. Why then should this kinda cute little joke about the Muslim vehicle not be appreciated? Hell, the proper response, in my opinion, is to snicker and then move on in order to imagine what would make for a fine Fundy, Catholic, Jewish, Hindu, Southern belle, JAP, blonde or atheist car. After all, we all belong to some kind of stereotype, do we not?

My advice to the Politically Correkt gang is to take a chill pill. My advice to Muslims is to take a chill pill and to join the 21st century. There certainly is room for you here. Just as you had traditionally made room for the dhimmi so, too, are the dhimmi prepared to make room for you. It is just a question of opening your hearts in order to engage in dialogue. This present state of affairs certainly is a mess.

Green, you probably know by now that I don't see eye to eye on the left wing thing with you... sorry.... but that's ok...

I do agree with the way you explained your feelings about this thread, I think it was very well said.

Green, you probably know by now that I don't see eye to eye on the left wing thing with you... sorry.... but that's ok...

I do agree with the way you explained your feelings about this thread, I think it was very well said.

Thanks, grrl, from Green. :rolleyes: I get it and I respect it. :bounce:

Thanks, grrl, from Green. :rolleyes: I get it and I respect it. :bounce:

How do I add the little smily faces to my posts? I can't find where they are when I'm posting...sorry, off topic, but it's getting on my nerve...

How do I add the little smily faces to my posts? I can't find where they are when I'm posting...sorry, off topic, but it's getting on my nerve...

Whenever you choose to do a quote, such as I have just done, you will find a bunch of these little creatures at the foot of the page. If you do not see them then just move the scroll bar down. Then move your cursor down to the appropriate smiley, hit enter once, and this will appear wherever you had last left off while working on your message.

When you are writing a new message, one without a quote, you will not have access to the smileys until you hit the preview post button. Once you do that you will be able to not only proof read and edit your message before posting it, you will also be able to load it up with the appropriate smiley guys. :P You can get rid of them in the usual fashion; you simply centre your cursor on top of the item and then hit delete.

I hope my explanation makes sense to you. I do come from analog land, which is the land before all things digital. :phanvan Everything is complicated for me. :rolleyes:

Common smilies will also pull from their ASCII equivalents... e.g.

and 

You can also enter the title of the smilie between two colons like this:

:pound:

...to produce this: :pound:

Whenever you choose to do a quote, such as I have just done, you will find a bunch of these little creatures at the foot of the page. If you do not see them then just move the scroll bar down. Then move your cursor down to the appropriate smiley, hit enter once, and this will appear wherever you had last left off while working on your message.

When you are writing a new message, one without a quote, you will not have access to the smileys until you hit the preview post button. Once you do that you will be able to not only proof read and edit your message before posting it, you will also be able to load it up with the appropriate smiley guys. :P You can get rid of them in the usual fashion; you simply centre your cursor on top of the item and then hit delete.

I hope my explanation makes sense to you. I do come from analog land, which is the land before all things digital. :phanvan Everything is complicated for me. :rolleyes:

Well, I think I was using the quick reply the whole time...

I tried and did what you told me and instead and hit "quote" and I saw the little smiley guys like you said, now, when I do that to reply, I see all the quotes there, how do I choose the one I want and where do I write my response?

Oh gee.... I'm so sorry.....