Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ima try to say something here that will make you smile or make you happy or make you feel inspired. You don't necessarily have to become complicated about your eating. There is one truth for sure in all this. Weight gain means more calories than your activity level warrants. It's almost certain that you have a shitty metabolism and the only way to improve this is more activity and less or better food choices. This is a disgusting oversimplification of whats really going on in your body, both chemically, mentally and physically, but still, a simple truth that you hate, but know. Accept, no matter how frustrating, that you don't get to eat a 2000 calorie diet and maintain your goal weight.

Rules to Follow:

1. Always eat Breakfast, lunch and dinner.

2. Don't eat more than 1 level cup of food for a meal (1.5 cups if your a male) tiny plates and 1 cup bowls are great here. Its all I use anymore.

3. Eat for expected activity ahead. (example, more calories in your meal if you are going to demand more of yourself physically. Dinner should not be a calorie dense meal if you are going to veg out on the couch and wind down for the night.)

I'm gonna leave it at three to make it look simple! So for now, don't worry about counting the calories, just worry about the portion size. If you find that you start losing weight quickly than consider adding in a mid morning snack and late afternoon snack that are no more than 100 calories to help stave off hunger. But first, see if you can start losing again and adjust from there. If you aren't losing weight, then you have to get more complicated with looking at and logging your calories. Hopefully you won't have to do that though!

Please, love the food you eat. Become an absolute snob with your choices! I can tell you to eat 3 oz of lean Protein, 2 oz of starch and 3 oz of veggies with each meal, but I feel like that kinda kills creativity. You get a cup so make it worth. This ratio is a guideline to bring balance to your meals, but don't let it stop you from making a variety of culinary art and excitement. Don't be scared to make casseroles, stir fry, Soups, crazy salads with weird flavor combinations. And, you know it...but sugar is evil.

I know you're absolutely dejected right now. It's sooooooo hard to admit to others and to yourself that something has gone wrong. You butchered your body to reach a goal that you didn't keep and now you feel like a turd. I want you to think of something else though. What if you didn't have the surgery? Where might you be right now? Maybe you would have done to yourself what I did. Maybe you might have been 475 lbs and super sick and then thinking about surgery. I have a flap of skin that hangs way down off my tummy area that covers my privates! Sorry for graphic imagery, but, it roles up like a cute burrito as well. Ima have to have that removed on my own dime or convince myself that its fun to think of Mexican food when I'm laying in bed at night! :382_taco:

A lot of people get lost thinking about where they didn't get too in the positive direction after WLS, but in their self misery, they forget to consider where they didn't go in the negative direction too. This counts for something huge in my book!!!...and I do know huge very, very well. 😂 Pick yourself up, dust off your bum, and love yourself. You absolutely cannot reach a goal if you are hating yourself. Reach out for help from somebody, a nutritionist, a personal trainer, a friend, maybe a psychologist even. Keep visiting these forums and posting things as you go. Its very therapeutic.

PS-My apologies if I have ruined Mexican food for anyone. Sometimes my humor gets a little morbid, but I do mean it all in good fun.

I had revision from lapband to sleeve in March 2018. I had the band for 16 years. I lost 130lbs initially with band..kept it off until year 12 when I had learned I stretched my esophagus. My band was unfilled to let my esophagus heal and in less than 2 months, I quickly gained back 50lbs. It was devastating. I didn't go out and suddenly eat all the bad foods I couldn't. I ilterally was gaining 5lbs a day initially after literally starving myself. So after 2 years, I had an infection of the port and tubing and that was removed. I was supposed to go back in 3-4 months to have it replaced. I never did..2 years later..I developed another infection and my surgeon decided it was time to remove the band and he suggested sleeve revision.I literally had no time to research the sleeve. I was hoping to finally get this extra 50lbs off and go back to where I was. Surgery was a success..band removed, sleeve revised..I was not hungry AT ALL initially..I did slowly lose about 20lbs..Was happy to think I was only 30lbs from my lowest weight and fitting into all the old clothes I had put aside 4 years earlier.I started to regain the weight..slowly..I started doing HIIT classes (High intensity interval training) in a 21 day transformation challenge. I finished that and then wound up trading membership for marketing services. So I have been doing that for 2 months at least 4 days a week..sometimes 5. My body is definitely stronger and more toned, but I gained back just about all the 20lbs I lost shy a few lbs. And please don't say muscle weighs more than fat..it doesn't..it is just more dense and takes up less space than fat...so I know I didnt gain 20lbs of muscle. So although I feel more fit and strong, I am back up to my fat clothes...sighhh...I am more hungry than I was initially. I figure I put my body into starvation mode out of surgery and my body decided it wanted back to the old set point. I don't know! I didn't eat dramatically different.No I am not measuring everything but at minimum I should be maintaining at what I am eating and not gaining..especially since now I am working out more regularly. My body is majorly confused. I think because this was my 2nd surgery..and I didn't have a larger amount to lose..

With all the quirks of the bad..once I lost the weight I didn't have to work hard to keep it off..it stayed off all those years. This was a kick in the gut to quickly gain everything I lost a few months earlier. Not loving this sleeve at the moment...

This losing weight and keeping it off business is no easy task. It doesn’t seem to matter what weapons one has in ones arsenal. We can win a battle but at no stage can we say we have won the war.

It seems that a permanent solution for weight control is as much of a pipe dream as world peace