Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 minutes ago, CurvyMom said:

I feel the same!! I am the 30th but cannot be soon enough!

Exactly.
I know patience is a virtue...blah blah blah, but I am one that once I make up my mind to do something, I get on with it.

So in the meantime, I do not have to do liquid diet until the day before the surgery, which is nice, but I started on Monday with doing liquids except for dinner which i am doing 3 oz of Protein and a cup of veggies.

And work sucks, so I am looking forward to surgery just to get the heck out of this office for 2 weeks. Pathetic that I want surgery in order to not be in work. LOL

Just now, Jenwill630 said:

Exactly.
I know patience is a virtue...blah blah blah, but I am one that once I make up my mind to do something, I get on with it.

So in the meantime, I do not have to do liquid diet until the day before the surgery, which is nice, but I started on Monday with doing liquids except for dinner which i am doing 3 oz of Protein and a cup of veggies.

And work sucks, so I am looking forward to surgery just to get the heck out of this office for 2 weeks. Pathetic that I want surgery in order to not be in work. LOL

The liquid diet sort of sucks but it is what it is...at this point I just have to accept it's what I have to do LOL

I am only planning on a week off of work, but...I have flexibility to work from home if I need/want and I can take a few more days. Basically I am gonna wing it and see how I feel. My doctor didn't even mention time off of work..sigh LOL

So here’s an update from my surgery on Tuesday... the gas pains are scary. They move all around, from your abdominal area, through your chest and up to your neck and shoulders. It’s painful but good news is it only lasts a few day. It’s already A LOT better. The key = walking a lot and doing the deep breathing exercises.
I also had a small hernia repair, so the doctor reminded me it’s 2 surgeries. There’s going to be more pain.
Still went home yesterday, the day following surgery. All is going well. I can tell the liquid diet is going to suck (I’m on it for 2 weeks) but it is what it is. At least the surgery is over 🙏🏼

7 hours ago, CurvyMom said:

The liquid diet sort of sucks but it is what it is...at this point I just have to accept it's what I have to do LOL

I am only planning on a week off of work, but...I have flexibility to work from home if I need/want and I can take a few more days. Basically I am gonna wing it and see how I feel. My doctor didn't even mention time off of work..sigh LOL

You are SO lucky that you have the option to work at home. I don't and I have a 35 mile drive.
We will see how I feel. I know after my hysterectomy, I came in, did what I had to do and would go home for the day. Depending on how I feel, I might do the same again.

1 minute ago, Jenwill630 said:

You are SO lucky that you have the option to work at home. I don't and I have a 35 mile drive.
We will see how I feel. I know after my hysterectomy, I came in, did what I had to do and would go home for the day. Depending on how I feel, I might do the same again.

I guess I am... I sort of take it for granted. I don’t drive 35 miles a week back and forth to work though let alone every day. Ugh. Sorry to hear that.

I feel like I am going to blow this liquid diet. I just had A FEW crackers. Ugh.

5 hours ago, LVPeeps said:

So here’s an update from my surgery on Tuesday... the gas pains are scary. They move all around, from your abdominal area, through your chest and up to your neck and shoulders. It’s painful but good news is it only lasts a few day. It’s already A LOT better. The key = walking a lot and doing the deep breathing exercises.
I also had a small hernia repair, so the doctor reminded me it’s 2 surgeries. There’s going to be more pain.
Still went home yesterday, the day following surgery. All is going well. I can tell the liquid diet is going to suck (I’m on it for 2 weeks) but it is what it is. At least the surgery is over 🙏🏼

Glad that you are feeling a bit better. I hope they took good care of you in the hospital.
I am having a hernia repair too with my bypass. He had originally said he was going to take my gall bladder too since I have been putting off having it removed (I have a polyp in there).

Hope you are feeling better this afternoon.

Just now, CurvyMom said:

I guess I am... I sort of take it for granted. I don’t drive 35 miles a week back and forth to work though let alone every day. Ugh. Sorry to hear that.

I feel like I am going to blow this liquid diet. I just had A FEW crackers. Ugh.

The beginning part of the drive is not too bad because I live in a fairly rural area, but once I get down toward work (Pittsburgh) then the fun starts. I grew up in NY, so offensive driving and road rage are second nature to me...but the people here do NOT know how the heck to drive. It is INSANE.
And Penndot does NOT do a good job maintaining the highway that I have to take to work either, so that is always sketchy in the winter.

Say no to the crackers!!!!! Drink some tea. Drink some broth.

The beginning part of the drive is not too bad because I live in a fairly rural area, but once I get down toward work (Pittsburgh) then the fun starts. I grew up in NY, so offensive driving and road rage are second nature to me...but the people here do NOT know how the heck to drive. It is INSANE.
And Penndot does NOT do a good job maintaining the highway that I have to take to work either, so that is always sketchy in the winter.

Say no to the crackers!!!!! Drink some tea. Drink some broth.

I tried Bone Broth and omg gross. I’m going to try some regular old broth instead tonight.

Just now, CurvyMom said:

I tried Bone Broth and omg gross. I’m going to try some regular old broth instead tonight.

Yeah just do regular broth.
I started keeping packets of it in my desk just in case.

Maybe make your own Bone Broth? I've done that and it is pretty good that way.....but a heck of alot cheaper to just buy it in the store. LOL

Yeah just do regular broth.
I started keeping packets of it in my desk just in case.

Maybe make your own Bone Broth? I've done that and it is pretty good that way.....but a heck of alot cheaper to just buy it in the store. LOL

I usually only have Protein Shakes and some veggies during the day and then I get home and am hungry. Sigh. Almost done. Hopefully my liver is shrinking because I only lost 5 lbs so far...

Well, I’m counting the Hours down now... surgery is first thing in the morning!!! All liquids today went pretty good. Wish you all luck in your journey and swift recovery!!!!!

A good end will gratify you after the discomfort of today. You just came throughout surgery, and it is called major for a reason, body is acting shook up. Remember it was happy before surgery, and it's mad you upset the status quo. And while it gets used to. the new reality it is not gonna be a happy camper. Each of us has a weak point it seems to attack,you at. Some of us vomit, some people can't stand up straight, some felt every stab wound, my entire stomach turned purple, not just around the port wounds, the entire flippin' stomach wall, near as my doctor and I could figure out , a small skin vein got knicked, when I got enough Lovenex in me. I hemmorhaged under the skin, between skin and fat layer, looked like I was carrying an aliens baby. But I got through it, and every day you will feel a little better, take a while for tenderness to go away, but it will, almost everything you feel now gets better. At 5 months if you don't know where to look my scars have faded into my stretch marks, and I swore at the begging I would have big wide red scars, I don't , I look at them and to me they are battle ribbons, awarded for a long fight, and worth it, but right after surgery wouldn't have believed it.

4 hours ago, LaurynLove said:

I had my surgery today... I'm trying to remind myself it's worth it in the end.

Sent from my SM-J700T using BariatricPal mobile app

Stay encouraged!!! It is worth it in the end just remember just remind yourself of why you began your journey! It will get better by the day!!! Wish you speedy recovery!

8 hours ago, Charlie2282 said:

Well, I’m counting the Hours down now... surgery is first thing in the morning!!! All liquids today went pretty good. Wish you all luck in your journey and swift recovery!!!!!

Good luck this morning!!!