Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 12/03/2018 at 00:41, missmoe said:

13 days post op here...I regret it
Let’s not :) I stopped regretting it, just concentrate on getting well now and then will learn everything else :)

some programs say things like mashed potatoes are OK, some don't. Programs that are really low carb usually don't include them. A lot of people would tell you to stay away from them during the losing phase. Are these two pages you're referring to both from your surgeon's program? If so, that IS confusing! I'd ask your dietitian.
They says mashed potatoes but no specific type and no specific amount. I am eating small portions of everything and maybe averaging 500 calories a day somedays. I haven't have a calorie goal just a Protein goal of 60 grams
Daily. I find my self being very hungry today I have an egg with cheese for Breakfast a fruit smoothie and a chicken strip. For dinner 5 pieces of shrimp. I am in the soft food stage. Starting week 4 post op

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Just now, :::fluffy::: said:

They says mashed potatoes but no specific type and no specific amount. I am eating small portions of everything and maybe averaging 500 calories a day somedays. I haven't have a calorie goal just a Protein goal of 60 grams
Daily. I find my self being very hungry today I have an egg with cheese for Breakfast a fruit smoothie and a chicken strip. For dinner 5 pieces of shrimp. I am in the soft food stage. Starting week 4 post op

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

500 calories a day sounds about right for where you are. We were told to just worry about Protein grams and fluids for the first few weeks.

On 12/03/2018 at 01:27, Frustr8 said:

I pixie and the rest, I just got through 4 mini-bags of Potassium, I truly must have needed it, my Headache has gone away, I do feel calmer and those are major pluses. And I pixie I me not mad, couldn't be at,a nice person like you! We are just having a brief bump in our roads, we are going to end up just fine!😝 And Ohio State is going to the🏈 Rose Bowl New Years Day 2019🚩📍🚩
This is good news! I am just a bit afraid of that They don’t know what are they doing here, all I need is a good dieticians team cos I think I am afraid to put anything in my mouth lately, yesterday for example they gave milky Soup and I had dumping syndrome, now I feel weaker and a bit shaky again all evening, had some wind coming out maybe to do with this, can’t sleep but as well that KT scan is tomorrow maybe that is stressing me out a bit, bu seriously I do try to stay positive...

And please don't be scared, you have us and we do care! Merry Christmas coming🎄 and A Happy New 2019 will follow and finally. they will get on top of what truly is wrong. I am believing in you and the Inner Strength you have.

I really needed to see this. I'm 6 weeks out tomorrow and have only lost 24 pounds since surgery. The first 17 was in the first 2 weeks! I'm currently on my 2nd stall and barely averaging 2 pounds per week. I'm scared of what will happen after the honeymoon period when it gets harder to lose- it's already plenty hard to lose as it stands!!
Seriously, tell the time you were on a diet and lost 24 pounds in 6 weeks (and could keep it off)??? This isn't about instant gratification.... it's about changing your life FOREVER! If you lose 1.5 pounds a week on average, that's 78 pounds in a year. I don't know where you are starting from, but that's a pretty impressive result. Some people are going to drop faster, but then slow down. Others are slow, but steady. It really doesn't matter if you end up in the same place.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I’m also in the slow losers club and knowing I’m not the only one is making me feel a bit better. My surgery weight was 327. Being so big I thought I would lose pretty quickly and it first I did. I lost 26 lbs in 4 weeks - but I’ll be 7 weeks tomorrow and still at only 26 lbs down. I was thinking there was something wrong with me!! I’m eating approx 500 calories a day and going to the gym (treadmill only for now) 3 or 4 days a week. How is it possible I’m not losing weight?!?!
Going to the gym actually slows weight loss when you are still so close to your operation date. Some doctors suggest staying away from the gym for a few months until you get down to a comfortable weight.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I am 4.5 months post op, I went in with no fears. At 3 months post my weight loss stalled (still stalling), a week later my Hair loss began and about a week after that, I began have trouble swallowing. Because of the trouble swallowing I was having almost no restriction because I couldn’t chew slow enough and had to swallow often. Ultimately a stricture, which required another EGD and balloon dilation. I’m now a week post EGD and even with all that... I still have no regrets, weight loss has slowly began again.

The one bit of advice I have is EVERYONE is different, don’t compare yourself, follow your plan, and seek medical advice if you need it. You paid good money to have this surgery, don’t waste it!