Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's been a long road!!!!



Recommended Posts

I am 2 months and 3 days post gastric bypass. It has been a very, very, long road. Still cant eat much of anything and having alot of trouble hydrating properly. At 2 wks post op I knew something wasn't right. After numerous calls, complaints and nagging, I got an egd scheduled. Turned out I had a stricture and ulcers. I had my 3rd egd yesterday and am finally cleared (with 3 meds) to begin to try "anything I think I can tolerate" I havent been able to tolerate anything but homemade broth and some ph Water for the most part. Hoping this is the end of the procedures and beginning of the good part. On a positive note, I'm down over 70 lbs.

Edited by Chrisb428

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Chrisb428 said:

I am 2 months and 3 days post gastric bypass. It has been a very, very, long road. Still cant eat much of anything and having alot of trouble hydrating properly. At 2 wks post op I knew something wasn't right. After numerous calls, complaints and nagging, I got an egd scheduled. Turned out I had a stricture and ulcers. I had my 3rd egd yesterday and am finally cleared (with 3 meds) to begin to try "anything I think I can tolerate" I havent been able to tolerate anything but homemade broth and some ph Water for the most part. Hoping this is the end of the procedures and beginning of the good part. On a positive note, I'm down over 70 lbs.

Wow, I'm so sorry to see you are having such a difficult time. My RNY was 07/30/18 and I am now 64 lbs down. It truly is a had process and one we deal with of our health's sake. The first 2 months were the worst for me. I feel like I am now dealing better with all the adjustments we have to make in our lives and eating habits. I do trow up about once or twice a week still, but it depends on different things. Am I listening to my body's hints that I am full, like hiccups and sneeze... Yes, for me, those are my key hints that I am full. Am I eating something new today? I try to focus on eating small meals 5-6 times a day. That way I now I have eaten all of the Protein I need. On bad days I do not go to sleep until I have downed a bottle of Isopure Water which has 40 gram of protein! Stay firm. Stay active. Stay focused. It does get better. Congrats of the 70 lbs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Luzbella Thank you for the kind words and advice. I appreciate it. Congrats on your success adjusting and your loss so far as well! Cant wait till I get to that point!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad you're progressing! Sorry you've had such a rough go! But congrats on 70lbs lost!!! Woot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@FluffyChix Thank you very much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chrisb428 said:

I am 2 months and 3 days post gastric bypass. It has been a very, very, long road. Still cant eat much of anything and having alot of trouble hydrating properly. At 2 wks post op I knew something wasn't right. After numerous calls, complaints and nagging, I got an egd scheduled. Turned out I had a stricture and ulcers. I had my 3rd egd yesterday and am finally cleared (with 3 meds) to begin to try "anything I think I can tolerate" I havent been able to tolerate anything but homemade broth and some ph Water for the most part. Hoping this is the end of the procedures and beginning of the good part. On a positive note, I'm down over 70 lbs.

That's good that they figured out what was up! Congrats on the loss, curious though, your starting weight listed in your call out says you started at 303 and are currently 297, is that a mistake or ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thank you ChrisB, facing my third EDJ November 9th for same reasons, almost as long for me, I think 8 weeks today. This reducing mama on infant style diet, nutritionist says I haven't hurt myself yet, yeah but emotionally puffy. Nuked a sweet,potato last might, took out the pulp and stirred into sk8m milk, added scoop of GENEPRO, yeah not highest quality but you do what you can. Made it like a cream Soup. Ate my iddy bitty 1/4 cup , sat in chair fight my pouch until she stopped trying to puke it up. Then in a couple hours I felt like I could lie down, maybe sleep. This is NOT the journey I booked for!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matt Z said:

That's good that they figured out what was up! Congrats on the loss, curious though, your starting weight listed in your call out says you started at 303 and are currently 297, is that a mistake or ?

I havent been on a PC to update and todays my first day on in about 2 mos. I am 232.4 as of yesterday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Frustr8 said:

Thank you ChrisB, facing my third EDJ November 9th for same reasons, almost as long for me, I think 8 weeks today. This reducing mama on infant style diet, nutritionist says I haven't hurt myself yet, yeah but emotionally puffy. Nuked a sweet,potato last might, took out the pulp and stirred into sk8m milk, added scoop of GENEPRO, yeah not highest quality but you do what you can. Made it like a cream Soup. Ate my iddy bitty 1/4 cup , sat in chair fight my pouch until she stopped trying to puke it up. Then in a couple hours I felt like I could lie down, maybe sleep. This is NOT the journey I booked for!

I hope things soon get easier for you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I seem to be losing from the boobs up and butt down only. I look like humpty dumpty kinda. Belly isnt budging!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×